1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid x screen dying, asurian claim

OK,

so my Droid X is finally dying. There is a little half inch part of the screen going horizontal across the very bottom of my screen that flashes between white lines, cuts in and out black and white and blurry. The screen still functions but i cant seem to make that part stop acting up. When i rotate the screen horizontal the line stays vertical along the same side, a perfectly straight line going across about a half inch no matter which orientation the phone is.

My question is this... If i file an insurance claim with asurion what phone will i get? What is the premium for a new phone? I thought i was locked in at $50, and have been paying $8 a month since i got the phone about 15 months ago. So that would basically be like paying $154 for a refurb. What phone will i get back at this point since the x is discontinued?

I have the car dock and the home dock for my X and really dont want to have to replace those. If i get an X2 will it work with the X1's accessories? Is it even worth it to file the claim? I figure a DX1 is not worth anything anymore, so filing the claim and trying to sell it probably wouldnt make me any money.

I am eligible for a new phone, but with a new phone comes a new contract and also all new accessories which i use all the time. I like the X, it does everything i want and need it to. Should i just suck it up and wait for the nexus to ever come out?

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I bet they will send you an X. Maybe an X2. I am pretty sure the accessories for the X will fit the X2 as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default Re: Droid x screen dying, asurian claim

All DX accessories will work with the X2.