Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help: Droid X Stuck

Right, so let me start off by admitting that I'm a noob at this, though I tend to pick up on things pretty quickly, til I hit a brick wall, like I have now. Please bear with me.

I recently rooted my phone without many problems. It was absolutely destroying my battery, so today, I decided to try loading a ROM onto it. I tried loading the Tranquility ROM and was using ROM manager. I got the ROM 'installed' but I was just sort of waiting around in the reboot area, waiting for something to happen, but nothing did. So I hit the back button and it said something like installation aborted-- can't remember the exact wording, because immediately after that my phone shut off. I started it up and it sat around on the Motorola logo screen for ages.

I looked it up online to see what this meant and read others' problems and solutions for this. I took the battery out, let it sit for about 10 minutes. I put it back in, left it on the Moto Logo screen for half an hour to see if it would sort itself out. Went into the System recovery mode (little android and a triangle with an exclamation point in it), and wiped data and cache partition, rebooted the system, all of this several, several times. And every time it reboots, it gets stuck on the Moto logo again and I'm back at square one.

I'm hoping that I haven't just completely failed and screwed this up my first time running, but I knew it was always a risk. Nevertheless, I love my phone and was hoping that somebody could please help me out with this. Thanks!

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Default Re: Help: Droid X Stuck

Sorry to hear your having problems. I think you need to SBF back to stock, use this thread for help.
    GL

.602 SBF file
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Alrighty. I'll give that a shot. Wish me luck! And thank you!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, looks like I'm going to have to do this on another computer. Not quite compatible with Ubuntu. It'll probably have to wait until tomorrow evening. My phone is going to be bricked for a whole day. I don't know how I'll cope! Lol
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Rock on! I did a little bit more research on how to sbf my phone using Linux, so if anybody else has this problem, I simply followed this guideline:

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems