Droid X Hard Reset Issue

futuredroid714

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was given a Droid X by a friend and I did a hard reset to the phone to start off fresh and get rid of all the stuff he had on the phone. Now my issue is that my intent was to use the phone as a music player, to play games and dl apps, I was not planning to activate the phone through Verizon. Now that I went ahead and did the hard reset the only thing i get is an activate screen that forwards me to Verizon so that they can activate the phone. My question is if I can bypass this and use the phone without the Verizon service? I just planned to use the internet on wifi so any help would be greatly appreciated since now im stuck with a phone that I cant do anything with, Thanks in advance.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
anything would help.

I'm no expert but I've read that if you tap each of the four corners of the screen on the Droid X you can bypass the activation requirement. (I've never done this myself - just read about it here on the forum.)

Additionally, I've read that others were able to use their Droid X without activation. Hopefully someone with first-hand knowledge can add to this thread with more information.

fakiesk8r333

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Not just tap the four corners but start in the top left the go to the top right, then bottom right then bottom left. It might take a few tries but it works.

Sent from my DROIDX