Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gordol
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Upgrade

Verizon let me upgrade 8 months early to the Droid Razr. Guess I'll be hanging around those forums for a bit .
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted

Fast Speed 1Gbps Fiber optic Downloads. PM For more info
    PM for Passwords and Instructions (Included the Device you need help with)
    S4 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S4
    S3 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S3

Home Internet

4G LTE

Default Re: Verizon Upgrade

Ummm. Ok.....

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

How did you manage that?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just told them I was tired of the reboot and various issues with the DROIDX. He didn't really ask for much after that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted

Fast Speed 1Gbps Fiber optic Downloads. PM For more info
    PM for Passwords and Instructions (Included the Device you need help with)
    S4 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S4
    S3 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S3

Home Internet

4G LTE

On the upgrade subject, what advice does everyone offer for someone on a business plan where "corporate" administers the plan? I've got a Droid X that I have thoroughly enjoyed but am having some serious hardware issues with the headphone jack (movement of a plug in the jack causes phone calls to hang up or music to stop and start). I'm up for my 2 year upgrade in March but when my corporate connection "checks the website", there is no budging on the date and no upgrade available.

I think that a phone call to a physical person might move things along but I can't force that.

Any ideas - or just wait it out?

Thanks!
    Carl

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by clemmel View Post
    On the upgrade subject, what advice does everyone offer for someone on a business plan where "corporate" administers the plan? I've got a Droid X that I have thoroughly enjoyed but am having some serious hardware issues with the headphone jack (movement of a plug in the jack causes phone calls to hang up or music to stop and start). I'm up for my 2 year upgrade in March but when my corporate connection "checks the website", there is no budging on the date and no upgrade available.
    BlueTooth. Seriously. If that's the only issue causing you to want to upgrade now rather than when corp will let you, just get a BT headset. The headphone jack on the X sucks anyway. Mine, and every test/demo and new-in-box unit I tried has the same problem of static noise via the headset jack. Issues that do not exist on other phones (Droids of any maker or other platforms) and iPods using the same headsets.
    --
    PDA/Smartphone path: Palm IIIx -> various Sony Clies -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> iPhone 3G -> Crapberry Storm2 / iPod Touch -> Droid X -> iPhone 5

Yeah, I agree. I would just use bluetooth for the next 2 months and then upgrade to your choice at that time. March will be here before you know it.

And anyways, according to everyone else, Motorola will have released two more phones between now and then, so it will give you more options to choose from (LOL)