Shadow (Xtreme) vs. Incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So when is the Shadow (Xtreme) going to hit Verizon? If you have an Incredible on order now and not due until mid June, would you hold out for the Shadow (Xtreme) or in some ways, is the Incredible still a better phone?

ylexot

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you like Sense or a smaller screen (some don't want a screen that big), then the Incredible is better. Otherwise, I think the Shadow beats it in every way.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
We have any sort of idea as to when the Xtreme comes out? June sometime? I read that it was possibly due for a fathers day launch... but thats all speculative at this point. Reason I ask is because today, the 5th my 30 days is up and Im going to take my phone in and get my money back. I put in for a replacement last week for my Inc. recieved it and tested it out and it seems like the one they sent me is more jacked up then my first one so Im not going to waste 570 bucks.

Is the Xtreme a flat device or does it still have that lip that we saw in the side ways picture?

Oh, by the way. There was a thread somewhere in these forums where someone mentioned how you check to see if the phone you recieved is new. It was a couple step process. Can anyone either forward that to me or let me know how to check to see if the device I got is new?

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, so nothing really major of a difference...just wish Motorola would do something with their UI; next to even the Incredible it looks just :eek:

Bigger screen
same camera, but with HD video capability
HDMI output
faster processor (lower clock speed, but still faster)
presumably better battery life
more memory

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I sent my DI back. My favorite feature of my MOTO Droid is the vehicle integration. The specific car mount that puts it in car dock automatically. I travel 2 weeks a month, and LOVE this. The DI dosn't do this, and always recognizes the line-out cable as a headset(tried several different cables) which dosn't allow handsfree cause it expects a mic on the line-out cable. If u look at the accessories for the extreme in the pic where it showed up in verizons system it lists a dock, and mount. I assume its a home dock, and a car mount.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I'd still want to get the shadow/xtreme for the specs and everything, but I really dig the Sense UI, mainly HTC's "Scenes". Does anyone know if there's an alternative to scenes that I could put on the Moto Shadow/Xtreme? If there is I'd definitely get that over what's out now. If not I'll probably wait till I learn more about the HTC Scorpion.

kingpin119

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually had an incredible due to ship next week. But after some doing convinced Verizon to cancel my order. They agreed with me when I told them if I had to replace my incredible I'd be screwed. So I'll be waiting for the xtreme.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
After hearing about the EVO4 with its size and all, thinking against the Xtreme in favor of the Incredible.

As for the Droid, that one you can have LOL...would take an Incredible over it any day :cool:

I meant the Moto Droid but I'd take both over the Incredible anyway. The metal build of them both is a big thing to me. It makes them more durable and feel high end. I heard issues about the Incredible's build quality being vulnerable to other material.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but getting updates faster doesn't make up for the shortcomings of the Droid when compared to the Incredible.

I'm running 2.2 on my Droid. Who knows when or if the Incredible will get it?

The Nexus One and Droid get updates faster than any other Android phone solely because they run on stock Android. For this reason, I'll consider stock UI devices over 3rd party skinned ones. Fast updates = WIN!

jstpettit007

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually had an incredible due to ship next week. But after some doing convinced Verizon to cancel my order. They agreed with me when I told them if I had to replace my incredible I'd be screwed. So I'll be waiting for the xtreme.

Hey kingpin119 what did you tell verizon to cancel your order? I ordered the incredible and its supposed to ship June 23rd or so. I am thinking now about canceling the order as well, and I assumed it would not be a problem but you said it took some convincing? ?

Also, do people really expect the shadow/extreme to be that much better than the incredible? I have read through here, but I am not yet convinced that there will be any drastic differences in the performance of the phone. What are everybody's thoughts??

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, but getting updates faster doesn't make up for the shortcomings of the Droid when compared to the Incredible.

The DI ISN'T the end all be all!!!!!!!!!! I had it for about a month, and sent it back! Don't get me wrong its a solid phone, with horrid battery life, and ran hotter then my Moto, but my droid running Jrummy was just as fast, and now on 2.2, my Moto puts it to shame!

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Interesting article in today's Washington Post...bigger isn't always better, wonder if the Droid Xtreme will suffer from the same?

'4G' timing not quite right for Sprint's big-screen Evo

The Evo -- debuting June 4 for $299.99, before a $100 mail-in rebate, for new or renewing subscribers -- stands apart from other smartphones even when it's shut off. Its comparatively enormous display, 4.3 inches across, makes it a slab of a device, wider than any mobile phone I can remember using.

That sizable screen eases typing on its on-screen keyboard and reading Web pages, although without the trackball or touch-pad control found on most Android phones navigating and selecting text is more difficult. A thoughtful flip-out stand also lets you rest the phone on its side for tray-table movie viewing.

ylexot

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like they are saying the big screen is good. I do wish the Shadow had an optical control like the DInc though.

kingpin119

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey kingpin119 what did you tell verizon to cancel your order? I ordered the incredible and its supposed to ship June 23rd or so. I am thinking now about canceling the order as well, and I assumed it would not be a problem but you said it took some convincing? ?

Also, do people really expect the shadow/extreme to be that much better than the incredible? I have read through here, but I am not yet convinced that there will be any drastic differences in the performance of the phone. What are everybody's thoughts??

When I put in the order the rep told me that once it was in I wouldn't be able to cancel it. So when I called customer service they tried to tell me the same thing so I asked to speak to a supervisor and I asked what would happen if in a few days something happenned to my incredible and needed a replacement I'd be without a phone for weeks. She understood and cancelled the order.

Motorolas just seem to have better build quality and everyone I know that has the droid loves it and says the reception is awesome with it. Plus I tend to use my phone outside a lot and not too thrilled about the amoled screen on the incredible. hopefully the xtreme won't have one.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Exactly the opposite...just a little too big for everyday use...seems they indicate the size of the Incredible is more ideal and practical.

As someone else posted in another thread about the EVO4, the Xtreme will like share this same problem:

* Resolution makes the screen look less crisp & thing look stretched compared to the Incredible.
* Size - there's a tradeoff here: the big screen is nice to look at and obviously provides a great amount of real estate for web pages and other apps, but the Incredible is a lot more pocket and hand friendly. The EVO is just huge, but that's one of it's "features". It looks a little silly walking in public texting on this thing. I feel like people are staring at me haha.

Sounds to me like they are saying the big screen is good. I do wish the Shadow had an optical control like the DInc though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan