New Update!

voiceonly

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I notice no difference in the device, anyone have any idea how to fix the fact that since I did a hard-reset a few months back due to flaky activity on the X, I can no longer maintain Wi-Fi connections to any network?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

:)

I've was the 3rd person in line to get my X when it came out. I haven't been on these forums in awhile because, quite honestly, I thought Moto had given up on any updates on it in a year and a half.
I was excited to see this update cause I stream music a lot during my workout and it drives me crazy mad to be working out in a set and have it just stop..and look down to see it black. I've done everything I knew to fix it. I thought it was a clash with apps. I've deleted a bunch of apps, some I actually used, in order to troubleshoot it.
Be glad when I get it on my X.

Kelador

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My buddy just got the update this morning and now his phone is bricked. It powers to the bootloader screen saying Battery Low. Critical Error. (Battery had been charging all morning).

Any ideas? where to find the orginal factory load to flash the device? He tried a factory reset, didn't work.

Oh, and a side note, he went to Verizon at lunch and was told tough luck, updates are pushed by Moto and if it breaks the phone, it's not covered under warranty (he has had the phone going on 2 years now).

mikeytoth

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Update is great. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. But will sbf back to .602 to reaquire root and save root with voodoo root. Then wait for the official update and then keep root on 621.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Question. If I never Updated to .602, can I still download the new Update and skip the .602 Update?
I never updated to .602, because I had a few problems just with the original GB update, with phone restarting after I try to turn it off and a few other random problems. I heard there were a lot of problems with .602 Update, so just been putting it off everytime my phone shows it wants me to load it. So just want to skip it and see if I can go to the new Update that's coming out.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, still on .596, my phone reminds me every night to load the .602 update, but just push install later or hit the back button. Do I have to load the .602 to the phone, before I can update to the new one coming out? That's basicly my question, just would like to skip it if possible.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know since it is a carrier push update singly you wont nor can get the 621 update until you have the radio file of the 602 installed so it knows to accept the push for the next in line update for 621. Someone may want to verify that but If Im not mistaken you must "follow the path"

deadringer4741

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update and now a popup says since I'm not using a Motorola battery the phone can't be charged and to replace it with a moto battery.. I have a large non motorola battery.. What a bunch of crap!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I updated to .602 and once it was loaded completely, it said it's ready to update to .605. I thought the new Update was .621?

RiNwln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but didn't get a response yet. Hopefully this thread may be able to assist me.
My problem....

I previously used Droid 3 easy root script v7 to root my DX after a replacement DX with no problem. The problem I have now is that I can't do the update. I removed all traces of root (that I'm aware of) with OTA RootKeeper and then Ginger Unroot. Busybox and superuser are both off of my DX and none of my root apps will work. One would think my DX is unrooted........is it not? Any help would be appreciated.

guitarmantyler

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but didn't get a response yet. Hopefully this thread may be able to assist me.
My problem....

I previously used Droid 3 easy root script v7 to root my DX after a replacement DX with no problem. The problem I have now is that I can't do the update. I removed all traces of root (that I'm aware of) with OTA RootKeeper and then Ginger Unroot. Busybox and superuser are both off of my DX and none of my root apps will work. One would think my DX is unrooted........is it not? Any help would be appreciated.

I too am rooted and having no luck with the update!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI
The best way to remove root from any rooted X is to .sbf it. It replaces the .su files with the locked system files an OTA carrier update comes with.
There is word now that once you take the .621 you cannot sbf back to a version below it and if you do try you will be stuck with a paperweight. According to online sources, it is going to be pretty tough to make a new .sbf for us but TBH and P3 I read somewhere are on the case like Matlock

Update path as far as I can remember for us was
.588 591. 596. 602. .605 .621

And you cannot go out of order either. The update wont push if it sees you dont have the proper path for the files to follow(radio, base, etc). So really read up on the .621 update before you get too excited about getting it. If you are fine on 602\605 then leave it there until the .sbf issue is solved. Might be a while.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems like the update did wonders for my phone. Ever sense the GB update I have wanted to throw my phone through a wall. Works great now though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781