Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By droidntn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default X to Razr

Well what I thought was a microsd card problem turned out to be a phone problem. I replaced the card with a new one and the phone worked great for a day. Then, it wouldn't recognize the new card at all. Wouldn't let me format it or anything to do with the card.
    So, my old card wasn't the problem, something in my X botched.

Today I ordered it's replacement: Razr Maxx.

Hate that my X went down cause I really loved it.
    But, really looking fwd to not having to charge 2 times a day (that's what the reviewers are saying), and all of the other things the Razr brings to the table; dual core/gorilla glass/water resistant/slight larger/4G/.
    And...time for a new toy: I guess it's a guy thing.
    Got it today, with upgrade credit of $50.00 for $149.99.
    Good price I think.

I sure did/do love that X though. It was an awesome piece of machinery.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless
    jerseyboy357 likes this.

Default Re: X to Razr

I put my X up on the 23rd. I got the RAZR MAXX. The X, IMHO, is an excellant phone. The MAXX IS an EXCEPTIONAL phone!!! Loved my X to death. BUT, Motorola IMO, has out done themselves, AND the competition !!!!!!!
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

How is the battery life on those with that beast of a battery? Full day with pretty heavy use atleast?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side

I have been reading about the Razr Maxx also, but can't do anything about it until august. My X is still working great, especially since the new update. One question: Does the Razr Maxx also have a non-removable battery?
    I know the Razr does, not sure on the Razr Maxx. Loving the reviews on the Maxx though!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, the battery is not removable. At first I thought I wouldn't like that. But my X battery cover comes off a lot now. One of the little bracket things is broke or something.
    Here is an article that pretty much sums up the battery life:
    CLICK HERE FOR CONSUMER REPORTS ON RAZR MAXX

Should be getting mine today or tomorrow.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

Moto makes great phones, this one looks awesome as well but I want an unlocked phone for my next one. I wish they would start unlocking their phones like I thought they said they were going to.

Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side

Are you DX to Maxx converts all happy with the display? The specs and features sound great, but Phil Nickinson seems to sigh every time he talks about the phone, and pauses when he mentions the display.

I'm eligible for my upgrade in a couple of weeks - tried to get a GN on the sale yesterday, but Verizon nixed that on me.

I'd be curious to hear what the former X owners think of Verizon's LTE speed on the Razr Maxx.

I've tested the Razr Maxx and other LTE phones in the Verizon store and it didn't seem like LTE was that much faster than 3G for the sites I tend to surf. I know LTE is great if you want to stream video, but does it make much of a difference in the real world if you're just using your phone to surf sites like AndroidCentral?

If using a 4g phone will be anything like a verizon 4g hot spot I will love it.

I went from the DroidX to the Razr Maxx.

-Dual-Core Processor-A big plus. Android OS is much faster. Less lag when going between apps, using apps, loading up apps and installing apps while doing something else. Imagine your playing a game while listening to music and while updating your apps in the market, while your playing you game, you will not notice any difference in game play or smoothness of the game. Then your done and you realized your still listening to music and 10 apps just got updated.
    -Camera-Fast and good image quality. Lets face it, the sensor on the camera is way smaller then any sensor on digital cameras. Of course images are going to be noisy with low light and not as fast as a dedicated camera or the same image quality but this is one of the best cameras I have used on a phone.
    -LTE/CDMA radio-big improvement. Very rarely it switched from LTE to 3G unless your in an area with no LTE but once you go back to an area with LTE, you will see it switch to LTE. I also know leaving the LTE radio on with no LTE service drains the battery but I didn't notice it. I was in a place from 7am-4pm and my phone was down 80% with a few facebook, few sms, few emails, some web browsing and with LTE left on.
    -Screen-Clear and no issues using it in sunlight. Movies look great on it. The only downside I see is that if you use your phone in a poorly lit room and your watching a movie and it's a scene when it just goes black for a second, you will see black blotches but it doesn't affect anything. I didn't notice it until a month later. But once that screen turns into another color, the blotches disappears.
    -Phone build-Solid and buttons feels like buttons not something flimsy.
    -Battery life (Razr MAXX)-Slightly better battery life then my DroidX with extended battery. But remember, this has more power and LTE on all the time. I get around 10-17 hours depending on how I use it. Lately I have been using slacker from 7am-noon and still have 60% left. But days I rarely use my phone, maybe a few sms, few sites and facebook, It will last all day and still have 30% after a 15 hour day. It does have an internal battery but resetting it easy. Power button and volume down for 10 seconds.
    -Phone size-It might be bigger then the DX but thinner. Feels good in my hands.

Going from the DX to the RAZR even in an area without LTE is a big plus. You might not get the speeds of LTE but you get the feel of what Android has to offer with it's OS and how well it works with a device. It shows how smooth Android OS can be. Now hardware has caught up to the software. I was in a city for two days without LTE and this phone still impressed me with what I was able to do on it and not what it does but how smooth it does it.

Going from the DX to the RAZR Maxx has been night and day. I do recommend anyone that wants to go to a RAZR to do it and not think twice about it.
    Is it the best device out there? Depends on how you look at it. For me, yes!
    Is there other devices better? Sure if but again personal preference.
    Is it worth it if I already have a LTE dual core device? Depends, are you having any issues with your device?
    Should I wait to upgrade to something better in the future? No, if you think like that then you will be stuck with what you have. There WILL always be something better coming out or being developed.
    It doesn't have Andoird 4 though. It will but until then, I still love my phone and OS. OS shouldn't be the reason for buying a phone, it's how it performs to YOUR liking. Not what is top notch best of the best.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:
    XDCX 

Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    I'd be curious to hear what the former X owners think of Verizon's LTE speed on the Razr Maxx.

I've tested the Razr Maxx and other LTE phones in the Verizon store and it didn't seem like LTE was that much faster than 3G for the sites I tend to surf. I know LTE is great if you want to stream video, but does it make much of a difference in the real world if you're just using your phone to surf sites like AndroidCentral?
    You tell me. This is from my Razr :P

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted

Fast Speed 1Gbps Fiber optic Downloads. PM For more info
    PM for Passwords and Instructions (Included the Device you need help with)
    S4 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S4
    S3 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S3

Home Internet

4G LTE

It sucks..............not!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx