Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Anybody still sporting a DX

My wife and I got our x's Nov. 2010, still loving them. We are going to Europe this summer, so I have been considering an upgrade to a global ready phone (sticking with Verizon). But like others have mentioned, nothing seems to attract my attention. My X does what I need (except work in Europe), why switch to something else?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

same here, I went and fooled around with a droid razr maxx, but the os is so near the same as what I have, it's didn't seem like I was moving forward, the only upgrade would be the hardware stuff, the software is so similar.
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

I'm holding out for some upgraded battery tech, with this Samsung charging where you just have to be within a certain distance for it to work I think more battery tech should be in the works.

My X still rocks just fine for me right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side

Im still sporting my DX, got a refurb replacement after the screen started dying free of charge in november of last year. My NE2 upgrade just passed but there is honestly nothing better out there that really blows me away. My dx works, i have a car dock, home dock and money invested in accessories. A new phone upgrade turns into an expensive upgrade when i go out and get the car and home docks again.

I wouldnt say my x works perfectly, but there really is nothing better out there. the nexus for me is way too big and has a crappy radio which right now is a deal breaker. I wish they would announce more phones though at least tell us something that's in the works.

I am still rockin' my DX . Unrooted and Stock. I purchase in 12/10. Over time, I had my issues (damaged MicroSD). Battery life has decreased, but it still reliable as ever.

I got my X 10-10 and had it till 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

June 2010 purchase here as well, still rocking and rolling!

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bought it at launch, still rocking it. CM7, though I'm kinda getting tired of that. I'm thinking about going back to the stock firmware, rooted, and just use ADW or LauncherPro
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

Quote Originally Posted by cae2685 View Post
    Bought it at launch, still rocking it. CM7, though I'm kinda getting tired of that. I'm thinking about going back to the stock firmware, rooted, and just use ADW or LauncherPro
    You should try Gummy and get you some ICS action. I love CM7GB but I'm digging this new Gummy build.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

still rockin it, since july 2010. had to get a refurb last year due to a robbery, but my wife's is original and still chugging along unrooted stock. mine is rooted but stock rom. honestly this phone is starting to drag with newer versions of some apps, but overall it's still a great piece of tech. I will never get rid of this thing b/c of the video camera capabilities, the 3 mic/noise cancelling feature make this one of the best devices for recording live music I've ever seen, when it's on the 'concert' setting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

Still using my Droid X. I got mine about 2 years ago. All things considered, it's still a great phone and gets everything that I need to get done...done. I guess having the transformer prime helps too.. seeing as how i don't use the phone as much. lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    griff7774 likes this.

I'm not due for an upgrade till Oct. I had mine rooted, but fubard some stuff, so went back to stock. It just reupdated itself today to. 605. Thinking of rooting again. I can't afford an upgrade, even if i wanted to. It still works, but recently it seems to get really hot to the touch just below the battery door.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

So fed up with mine, upgrade is in August, hoping VZW gets something worth... getting. DX is insanely slow, doesn't like to make phone calls. have to wait at least 3 minutes between hanging up on one call and making another, etc...

This phone is still very amazing. I've had it since day one as well. You simply must try out an MIUI rom. I've got miui Galnet on it since January. Great daily driver and fast. Just root with Pete's one click and Google miui Galnet by Beanstown.
    You'll be happy you did.
    I think I'm holding out for the Razr HD, whenever it shows up. I had the Nexus a couple months ago, but it was slippery as soap and I had serious data signal issues. But that screen was nice. That's why I won't settle for anything less at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaFloyd View Post
    You should try Gummy and get you some ICS action. I love CM7GB but I'm digging this new Gummy build.

Is that a pretty tight rom? Anything broken? I'm thinking about bootmanager and could run that in the slot.

Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

Quote Originally Posted by iclickjohn View Post
    Is that a pretty tight rom? Anything broken? I'm thinking about bootmanager and could run that in the slot.

Sweet ROM, no camcorder is the only real issue. Not sure how it works with BootManger, I don't use it.

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Still have mine from launch day. No problems at all with it. Great phone just getting a little slow. I'm probably going to upgrade to he Galaxy S3 if it comes to Verizon

I still have a DX, actually bought off Craiglist last fall because I didn't like the Bionic, and haven't found anything worth renewing a contract for. It's been a somewhat solid phone, although it’s very buggy at times, such as crazy long lag time. It is not rooted. My husband has an HTC Rezound (my suggestion) and he loves it. I am holding out to see what Apple does and might get an iphone5 if they enlarge the size. Otherwise, will probably upgrade soon to the Rezound
    Last edited by hazelgreen; 05-01-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

Quote Originally Posted by hazelgreen View Post
    I still have a DX, actually bought off Craiglist last fall because I didn't like the Bionic, and haven't found anything worth renewing a contract for. It's been a somewhat solid phone, although it’s very buggy at times, such as crazy long lag time. It is not rooted. My husband has an HTC Rezound (my suggestion) and he loves it. I am holding out to see what Apple does and might get an iphone5 if they enlarge the size. Otherwise, will probably upgrade soon to the Rezound
    Starting to like HTC phones a little more these days. Rezound looks pretty nice, hows the battery life?

Rezound battery life is really good with extended battery, lasts all day without having to charge (unlike my X). Makes it a little bulkier though

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm still rocking mine. Not the device I got on launch day, unfortunately, but I'll keep using this thing until I find an app it won't run well. I actually just had VZW mail me a new one tonight, because the home button is starting to fail. It doesn't spring back up when you click it.

Something I didn't know before this phone: if you pay monthly for insurance (at least if you have Asurion) they extend the warranty on your phone by at least one year. So now, 22 months after I bought a Droid X, they still send me free replacements when I ask.

I love Verizon's service. There, I said it.

Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

Got mine a year ago December from Amazon, so I've got about 8 months before I can upgrade. Still liking it so no rush to replace it. Rooted but stock, haven't tried running any of the custom ROMs.

ROM
    Stock

I also got my phone in December 2010. Love the phone, except when it lags sometimes. I have never rooted and it works fine. Just last week I reset to factory settings because of the lag issues and just to see what would happen. I have always used ADW as a launcher and tried Go Launcher EX and it's like having a brand new phone. Much snappier and fun to use. Battery life now extends all day and I don't have to worry about recharging it mid-day. I guess I just had to much stuff on the phone and wiping helped a bunch.
    A bunch of dumb phones,a Curve 8330, Droid X, Samsung GS3!

Had mine since launch date. Sporting stock .605 rooted right now. Was on APEX for a while, love GummyICS but it eats my 2yo battery in half a day (with stock, I get 14 hours). Still looking for a replacement. Skipped the Nexus, Rezound and the current Razrs. Maybe the SG3 or Fighter/RazrHD will make me set the DX down for the last time.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like the Rezound. I keep debating spending the money, because I want something newer. But, I'm also saving for my wedding (got engaged in March!) so I can't justify the expense yet.

Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    jerseyboy357 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast