Anybody still sporting a DX

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got mine in 11/10....it's running a little slow, but I still adore it. I am determined that I am not going to get a new phone till the contract is up, but Verizon is trying hard to seduce me.....:-*

guitarmantyler

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I purchased mine in January of 2011. I am running rooted stock OS. Battery life has decreased recently, but it may be due to the new software update. Still enjoying the phone!

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Which MIUI ROM are you running? There seem to be several but not clear on which is the most mature/stable.
TIA

I was running MIUI DefX 2012.3.23 (it was 2.3.6 I believe...) but have since switched to Liberty 3 V2.0, but may switch back. I'm trying a few different flavors of ROMS at the moment. I have a few force close issues when I updated MIUI to 2012.4.5, but with Liberty I don't like the way some of the features are implemented.

This new gummy ICS ROM is looking mighty tasty...

Last edited:
Reactions: roberte1342

Spitfire#AC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I got our x's Nov. 2010, still loving them. We are going to Europe this summer, so I have been considering an upgrade to a global ready phone (sticking with Verizon). But like others have mentioned, nothing seems to attract my attention. My X does what I need (except work in Europe), why switch to something else?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
same here, I went and fooled around with a droid razr maxx, but the os is so near the same as what I have, it's didn't seem like I was moving forward, the only upgrade would be the hardware stuff, the software is so similar.

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for some upgraded battery tech, with this Samsung charging where you just have to be within a certain distance for it to work I think more battery tech should be in the works.

My X still rocks just fine for me right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Im still sporting my DX, got a refurb replacement after the screen started dying free of charge in november of last year. My NE2 upgrade just passed but there is honestly nothing better out there that really blows me away. My dx works, i have a car dock, home dock and money invested in accessories. A new phone upgrade turns into an expensive upgrade when i go out and get the car and home docks again.

I wouldnt say my x works perfectly, but there really is nothing better out there. the nexus for me is way too big and has a crappy radio which right now is a deal breaker. I wish they would announce more phones though at least tell us something that's in the works.

griff7774

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am still rockin' my DX . Unrooted and Stock. I purchase in 12/10. Over time, I had my issues (damaged MicroSD). Battery life has decreased, but it still reliable as ever.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got my X 10-10 and had it till 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Bought it at launch, still rocking it. CM7, though I'm kinda getting tired of that. I'm thinking about going back to the stock firmware, rooted, and just use ADW or LauncherPro

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Bought it at launch, still rocking it. CM7, though I'm kinda getting tired of that. I'm thinking about going back to the stock firmware, rooted, and just use ADW or LauncherPro

You should try Gummy and get you some ICS action. I love CM7GB but I'm digging this new Gummy build.

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
still rockin it, since july 2010. had to get a refurb last year due to a robbery, but my wife's is original and still chugging along unrooted stock. mine is rooted but stock rom. honestly this phone is starting to drag with newer versions of some apps, but overall it's still a great piece of tech. I will never get rid of this thing b/c of the video camera capabilities, the 3 mic/noise cancelling feature make this one of the best devices for recording live music I've ever seen, when it's on the 'concert' setting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Still using my Droid X. I got mine about 2 years ago. All things considered, it's still a great phone and gets everything that I need to get done...done. I guess having the transformer prime helps too.. seeing as how i don't use the phone as much. lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Hi_Tech_Redneck

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not due for an upgrade till Oct. I had mine rooted, but fubard some stuff, so went back to stock. It just reupdated itself today to. 605. Thinking of rooting again. I can't afford an upgrade, even if i wanted to. It still works, but recently it seems to get really hot to the touch just below the battery door.

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So fed up with mine, upgrade is in August, hoping VZW gets something worth... getting. DX is insanely slow, doesn't like to make phone calls. have to wait at least 3 minutes between hanging up on one call and making another, etc...

iclickjohn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This phone is still very amazing. I've had it since day one as well. You simply must try out an MIUI rom. I've got miui Galnet on it since January. Great daily driver and fast. Just root with Pete's one click and Google miui Galnet by Beanstown.
You'll be happy you did.
I think I'm holding out for the Razr HD, whenever it shows up. I had the Nexus a couple months ago, but it was slippery as soap and I had serious data signal issues. But that screen was nice. That's why I won't settle for anything less at this point.

iclickjohn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You should try Gummy and get you some ICS action. I love CM7GB but I'm digging this new Gummy build.

Is that a pretty tight rom? Anything broken? I'm thinking about bootmanager and could run that in the slot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan