Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Browser error 403

I have a Milestone X similar to Droid x. it is rooted and running 2.2.2. Suddenly, when i am on my mobile network and I open my browser I get an error message #403. Has anyone else had this? What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks for any input.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    33,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Default Re: Browser error 403

You sure it's 403? Not 404? 404 means that the page can not be found. Did you try googling the entire message? Often this will provide a wealth of information

Here's what I just found, perhaps it can help.....

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    You sure it's 403? Not 404? 404 means that the page can not be found. Did you try googling the entire message? Often this will provide a wealth of information.
    403 is forbidden

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I am sure it is a 403, it will not allow me to use Dolphin or the stock browser. But I can use Overskreen Browser or Scope browser just fine. I don't understand that either. Everything works on wifi. It is just when I am on my mobile network. I did google the issue but most of the results pertain to this problem on a P.C. Thanks for the input.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Well I have spoken to my service providers two times and they say the issue is on their end. But it seems strange that my wife has the same phone and is not having an trouble. Should I try a factory data reset or wait until the provider has their end clear?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Well, the 403 error must have been on their end because it seems to have fixed it self.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyno625 View Post
    I have a Milestone X similar to Droid x. it is rooted and running 2.2.2. Suddenly, when i am on my mobile network and I open my browser I get an error message #403. Has anyone else had this? What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks for any input.
    follow simple steps given here and ur problem is solved

click Solved Error '403' Android ICS.

Please comment on my blog to help others with the same problems.

I have the droid X (verizon) and I am on wifi right now ...and I get the 403 error when i am trying to download apps.. I tried to follow what was posted but I i hit a brick wall.I get as far as this Settings wireless & networks then I cant find "more" I really would like to stop this 403 error any help would be great . Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I got off wifi and the app downloaded ( as long as I was using 3g it worked )

Estou com o mesmo problema com o erro 403. Help!