Is there any way to perma turn off the radio in my droid x???

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I no longer have a contract with verizon on my droid x, it was nice but that 2 year contract is finally over and I want to stay away from another 2 year contract for a while, however I still use my droid x everyday via Groove IP.

Everywhere I am I have wifi. Wether it be at home, at work, at the girlfriends, at my parents, the library etc. etc. so driving around I could care less if I miss a call and if I have to make one I can check my offline wifi map for a location... or use a payphone ;), I guess what I'm saying is I don't need service.

This is where my question comes into play, I use airplane mode with wifi turned on and everything works perfect but I'm tired of having to turn wifi on every time I restart my phone since airplane mode is on and the airplane on the top right is getting old. If I turn airplane mode off I have the unsightly roaming triangle with the radio bars.

I am rooted so is there anyway to turn the radio off without using airplane mode?

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You can put it in airplane mode, then turn the wifi/bluetooth/gps back on (as desired). I believe that will leave the CDMA radio off. I have done this successfully with just wifi.

Doit2it

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
There's a toggle for that, in the testing menus.

You have to go into the testing menu to turn off the radio.
Open the dialer, type *#*#4636#*#* as if you were dialing the number. Don't press send.
The Testing menu will open.
Select Phone Information.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
Press the toggle button "Turn off radio".
Press Home.

Just go back into the testing menu and toggle the radio button to turn the radio back on.