Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 720p Screen

Hey everyone,

So the Verizon websitehttp://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...rizons-website is saying the Droid X will have a 720p resolution screen. Now, some people are doubting this, however if you look at the gallery from Engadget's hands-on with the device, there is a shot of a screen letting you set the video resolution. Motorola Droid X - Engadget Galleries

Why would there be an option for that if you couldn't view the video in 720p on the device? What do you think? Will the Droid X actually have an HD 720p screen?

I assumed that option was for setting the recording mode. Especially "Large". And it talks about where it is best viewed.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth v2.0 Beta2

Yea, VZW's website is very misleading if they're only referring to 720p for recording. If the screen res is also 720p, I think that will definitely make up my mind in terms of getting either this or the DI. My early upgrade and NE2 is coming on 7/15 and according to droid-life.com, the X will be released on 7/19.

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts

They updated the site to say "Captures 720p"...

Quote Originally Posted by ylexot View Post
    They updated the site to say "Captures 720p"...
    Oh poo. I was getting a little excited it might be!

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboyx69 View Post
    Oh poo. I was getting a little excited it might be!
    Yeah, it would have been one hell of a poke in the eye to all of the iPhanboys...even if you can't actually see the difference without a magnifying glass.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah...oh welllll