- 22 Posts
Of course, a couple days after ordering my incredible...
I understand there are already several threads like this. Read This post and you will see why I'm in a bit of a different situation.
Wel this is fantastic. I ordered my Incredible this sunday, because that is expected to ship by the 19th and I figured I can get the Droid X afterwards If I don't like it (because after weighing the pros and cons of both devices, they come out even for me, mainly because I'm not sure If I want a huge phone like the X). Now that the X is coming out on the 15th, I don't know what to do. I could cancel my order ( Which I believe verizon would charge a fee for. Anyone know?), and preorder the X and get it a few days earlier than I would get my Incredible, or just get my incredible around the 21st of July. Either way, I probably can't return the phone after 30 days seeing how the Incredible is ALREADY backordered and I'd expect the same from the X.
So to sum up: Should I cancel my Incredible order, pay the fee, and get the Droid X on the 15th (about a week earlier than I would get my incredible), or just wait for my Incredible that I'll get around the 21st of July?
- 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM #2
im pretty sure you have 30 days AFTER activation of the new (which ever phone you choose) to change. You however will be charged a re-stocking fee no matter what you switch to after activation. i would speak with customer service. if you have a phone now keep it on until you can see the X in person at Verizon to see if it is too big for your liking. if you did not activate the incredible you still have the 30 days. so in short term keep what you got and go to the verizon store and compare. personally if the X is similiar to the size of the EVO that is too big for a phone for me and i have the incredible and love it. JIMO
- 22 Posts
- 06-23-2010, 08:46 PM #4
- 06-23-2010, 11:10 PM #5
- 06-24-2010, 12:11 AM #6
- 06-24-2010, 09:41 AM #7
My incredible arrived on June 5th. I like it a lot, but now with the Droid X, should I send it back (still withing my 30 days), or just keep it and wait for the droid X? I have a family share plan with extra upgrades (in laws never use the phone and don't use the upgrades). By that time, my 30 days will be up. I can use the extra upgrades on my plan to get the droid x and possibly then sell the incredible on ebay. Any opinions? If I get the X I will have the ability to compare the two side by side for 30 days and have the option to return the X, or should I just return the incredible and get the X, and not waste an upgrade on another line?
- 06-27-2010, 06:26 PM #8
Old thread I know but could still be of some help..
Talking to customer service on the phone there notes say if your in line for the Incredible you can cancel it for the X. The lady today told me they were NOT taking preorders yet. (only Best buy) But we should expect them to maybe around the 1st..
Also she said they had a meeting and Motorola promised them to have enough phones to meet the demand.... We'll see.