Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,113 Global Posts

Default Motorola Droid X - What do you want to know?

We've got a Droid X, and you have questions. You know the drill, folks. Let's keep things clean and organized in this thread. Ask away, and I'll get you some answers in a few days. (Apologies for not replying directly in this thread.)
    Thanked by:
    vor 

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Does it have a notification LED?

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

After working with the Blur on this device can you compare to the incredible and sense?

Is the keyboard larger on the X than the incredible?

Can you read the threaded messaging on the screen while still having the keyboard up?

Does the screen rotate both ways?

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

hmm you can upgrade at launch if your update is in 2010... wonder if that applies to people planning to upgrade after the first year for the 20 dollar fee...
    "I'm not anti-you, I'm just Pro-me"

How is the hump on the back?

How does it feel with more bezel than the EVO?

Is it slightly sluggish at all?

Are there directional arrows on the keyboard a la Evo?

I know it's bigger than the Incredible, but how is the weight? The Incredible feels like a feather, and the Droid X seems it would be kinda heavy.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!
    GenericMessage
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

How is the battery door? Is it like the droid1? Micro sd card location? Hows it compared in size to a garmin 4.3inch gps?
    Banned

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

The engadget prereview stated that the camera button felt sticky and difficult to push. Is that your experience as well?

Does it have dedicated GPU?

ROM
    Stock

FPS?

1) Can you disable the new "Motoblur" like you can disable Sense UI (via changing the launcher in the options) on other phones?

2) Benchmark stats? Perhaps a comparison video? I'm just curious to how it stacks up against that Droid2 we saw a day or two ago.

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Any word on a pre-order date?

What is your impression of the menu hard keys (as opposed to capacitive buttons on HTC devices, such as the Incredible and EVO)?

How is the fit and finish? (Moto is usually known for solid hardware) I am particularly interested in the spaces around the hard keys. Seems like it would be an area for dust to accumulate.

Does the contact management work better than HTC Sense? It appears Moto Blur, or just Moto, integrates Twitter feeds and info into the contact apps; where as HTC does not.

How many screens do you get? (I think that I read nine somewhere.)

How is the refresh rate of the camera?

Did you find the OMAP processor to better, worse of the same as the Snapdragon?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

I too had a question on the pre-order date. I called my local Verizon store this morning and they said that there weren't going to be any pre-orders so I thought I'd check here.

How is integrated Exchange support? Does is support accounts that require a PIN lock and if so, can it use a number PIN like Froyo and not the regular keyboard?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    1) Can you disable the new "Motoblur" like you can disable Sense UI (via changing the launcher in the options) on other phones?
    +1
    3char

Ok, so I have read conflicting info on the screen. Is it AMOLED or LCD? How is it in sunlight? Personally I would prefer a sunlight friendly LCD over the pretty colors of AMOLED. Super AMOLED would be great but Samsung is keeping that for their own phones right now ;-(

ROM
    Stock

If there's no preorder, is the only way to get a phone on launch day to go to a store and wait in line? Because ordering online on launch day will probably not get you the phone that day

(This is assuming no preorder at all, of course)
    vor

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

How's the video quality compared to the EVO and iPhone 4?

Does the screen auto tilt in any direction? (unlike the EVO)

And of course battery life

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Does the HDMI output function the same as on the EVO, or is it possible to use all apps, such as the browser, on the HDMI output?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

can you d/l pdanet (or another tethering app), and check for compatibility? i would hope it would work fine if it running 2.1

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Does it come with the HDMI cable or is that somthing you have to purchase seperate?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Beasnizzle99 View Post
    Does it come with the HDMI cable or is that somthing you have to purchase seperate?
    I saw an HDMI cable listed for $25 on the accessory .pdf from Verizon. So they probably won't bundle one. You can probably pick up a cheap one online though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Not sure if you still have access to the phone or not, but here goes...

Given the importance of the framerate limit on the EVO to some users (myself included), could you run a benchmark on the Droid X to see if a similar problem exists? Easiest way to check would be to install "fps2d" from the market and let us know what your average score is.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast