From Incredible to X

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I did it, it was like parting with a child going to college but I did it. I sent the Incredible back that I had received on June 2nd to see what the X will be like. I figure even if I don't prefer the X I can always send that back and get the Incredible again (a verizon in-store rep said I would more than likely be able to do it no problem because I am now using my old dinosaur phone for nearly a month before I get an X). I mean how many times in your upgrade eligibility will you be able to 'pickle' two of the leading phones for a carrier?? Waiting will suck but in the grand scheme of things I think it will be worth it to TRULY test out these two phones before I decide which one I want.

The deciding factor for me actually WAS the screen size. I want a bigger screen. Easier to swype in portrait, streaming NFL games come fball season, 720 videos, movies, etc. Not sure how I will feel about the physical buttons on the front (the incredible had some pretty sexy touch ones) but I will assess that when it comes. Anywho thought I would say hello and join the ranks of the fellow X waiting room members.

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You might wanna double check what the Verizon rep told. When I got my BB Storm, I was coming from Sprint and it was still a week before the Storm was supposed to come out, so I got a new 2 year contract with VZW and got the BB Curve to see if I would like the BB brand at all. I asked the VZW rep if I could trade the Curve for the Storm once it came out and he said there's a 30 day policy where if you don't like the phone you just bought, you trade for another and make up the difference if it's more expensive, which in this case it was. But, he also said that when I trade for the Storm, I couldn't turn around and trade for another phone; I'd be stuck with it until my upgrade. Otherwise, people would be trading phones all the time if they didn't like it.

Long story short, I'd get another opinion from a different rep if I were you.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You might wanna double check what the Verizon rep told. When I got my BB Storm, I was coming from Sprint and it was still a week before the Storm was supposed to come out, so I got a new 2 year contract with VZW and got the BB Curve to see if I would like the BB brand at all. I asked the VZW rep if I could trade the Curve for the Storm once it came out and he said there's a 30 day policy where if you don't like the phone you just bought, you trade for another and make up the difference if it's more expensive, which in this case it was. But, he also said that when I trade for the Storm, I couldn't turn around and trade for another phone; I'd be stuck with it until my upgrade. Otherwise, people would be trading phones all the time if they didn't like it.

Long story short, I'd get another opinion from a different rep if I were you.

He is not trading new phone for new phone, he returned the DI under the 30 day hassle free guarantee, and went to his OLD phone. So if he gets his x, and dosent like it, he can return it within 30 days, use his old phone for a few days or a week(as long as the return has processed), then get the DI again if he wants....

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I'll for sure be able to get the X at least...I'm not banking on returning it. Obviously if I jumped ship with the incredible it was because I thought i would in fact like the X more. However if this does not turn out to be the case I should be able to do what was previously mentioned.

One of the reps said once they receive the phone they will credit my account back with the original amount that was taken out and reset my upgrade date to what it was before (5/3/2010). I have spoken with a couple reps about this and they said because I have never returned a phone before it should not be an issue. More feedback would be appreciated.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
He is not trading new phone for new phone, he returned the DI under the 30 day hassle free guarantee, and went to his OLD phone. So if he gets his x, and dosent like it, he can return it within 30 days, use his old phone for a few days or a week, then get the DI again if he wants....

Bingo

BTW using this ENV3 touch is BRUTAL after using the incredible for a couple weeks lol

RW_Robert

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am giving my wife the incredible and using her upgrade to get the X. The videos I have seen so far have been impressive. Should be some reviews up very soon. (fingers crossed) I have a good feeling that the X will get some really good perks from root.

Last edited:

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I like to wait for reviews before making any moves for a new device. I learned that lesson when I got the blackberry storm. I jumped the gun, dismissing any reviews out of excitement. Needless to say, I regretted it. I also learned to never sign a two year contract so I don't get stuck with a crappy phone for that long. Plus I like phones so one year contracts fit great for me!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I wish I could have spent some time demo'ing it at a verizon store but my 30 time limit with the Inc was approaching. Not only that I need that dough credited back to my account ASAP so I can pre-order the X (assuming they're doing pre-orders).

I did go to a best buy just to hold an EVO though as they are similar in size. All I gotta say is NFL game streaming baby...gonna look sick on that 4.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non