Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

Veritech

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this......hurray!!! Starts today!

Motorola's Droid X up for pre-order today at Best Buy: $200, no pesky mail-in rebates -- Engadget

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I am about to go head over and pay this bad boy off right now :) I hope they let me pay the whole $600 upfront and not just put stupid $50 on it like the lady told me. JULY 15TH CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!!

G

GenericMessage

You HAVE to be eligible for your 2 year for best buy!

You cannot do the renew early thing for the Droid X at BBY.

And you HAVE to sign a new two year contract at BBY

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got to work but first stop was to my local Best Buy to pre-order this beast. My NE2 is up on July 5th so I'll be all good for the 15th.

BTW, for anyone wondering, you put down a $50 deposit at the time of pre-order and they just give you a $50 gift card to use towards your purchase of the phone when you go to pick it up.

Can't wait!!!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered me one at best buy in NC. come on July 15.:D
Me too. I'm #1 on our local list. Can't wait.

One point I'm still not clear on, however, is how they handle the optional upgrades; 32gb microsd for $99, and the 2000 (or thereabouts) mAh battery that are supposed to be available at launch. I want both, and I assume that the 32gb microsd upgrade includes them taking back the 16gb preinstalled one. BB didn't seem to know how that is going to work.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I'm #1 on our local list. Can't wait.

One point I'm still not clear on, however, is how they handle the optional upgrades; 32gb microsd for $99, and the 2000 (or thereabouts) mAh battery that are supposed to be available at launch. I want both, and I assume that the 32gb microsd upgrade includes them taking back the 16gb preinstalled one. BB didn't seem to know how that is going to work.

That's funny, I was #1 on my local list too. They seemed all excited about doing one too. They were just gushing about how good they heard it was.

I have no idea about your questions about the battery and SD card though, sorry.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, for those that preordered today, were you eligible for a NE2?

My NE2 is July 5th so the early upgrade didn't really apply to me. I was going to ask about the early upgrade just out of curiosity but they were real busy with other crap (activating a LOT of pay-as-you-go phones) so I didn't ask.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, for those that preordered today, were you eligible for a NE2?

Uhm... Maybe. I'll be a new Verizon customer. I'm embarrassed to admit that the NE2 wasn't even on my radar. I had been focused on the EVO, the iPhone 4 and, of course, the Droidx. Judging from your question, I bet the NE2 is the one I should have waited for, but I have to plead total ignorance about it.

I went back through the forum, and couldn't find any reference to it, but maybe I missed it. Can you enlighten me?

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Judging from your question, I bet the NE2 is the one I should have waited for, but I have to plead total ignorance about it.

I went back through the forum, and couldn't find any reference to it, but maybe I missed it. Can you enlighten me?

Welcome to VZW! Now that you'll be part of Big Red, you should know that NE2 stands for "New Every 2" meaning VZW will let you get a new phone every 2 years at the subsidized 2 year contract price.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to VZW! Now that you'll be part of Big Red, you should know that NE2 stands for "New Every 2" meaning VZW will let you get a new phone every 2 years at the subsidized 2 year contract price.

Whew... I thought I somehow missed hearing about the most spectacular new phone coming on the market. I haven't really examine all of the data/text/voice plan selections, plus any insurance or other options, but the appeal of the features of the Droidx, the consistently high customer ratings, and of course, the "We've got a Map for That" coverage on VZW got me.

Regarding the NE2 thing, wouldn't I automatically be eligible by virtue of the contract expiration?

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, newbie here. I still own the Verizon 9630, but hoping to get the Droid X. Ok, called BB today and they said that they do NOT do "Early Upgrades", so, off to Verizon I go. My annual upgrade date is July 5th, just not sure if I'll even qualify, and if so, how much will I pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12