Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default wonder how early i need to get there

well, now that i have decided that i am definitely upgrading to the X, gotta figure out when is the best time to get to the vzw store on the 15th (assuming verizon doesnt do preorders for the phone). for those that have done this before with other devices, how early would you suggest?

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

You can head out to a Best Buy and preorder, just to play it safe. Otherwise, you're good with being there an hour before a Verizon store opens. That's what I did for the Incredible. Myself and two other people were the only ones there when the store opened up.

just got off the phone with a verizon rep and was told they will not be letting people preorder it so she suggested ordering it online the morning of the 15th

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnny9374 View Post
    just got off the phone with a verizon rep and was told they will not be letting people preorder it so she suggested ordering it online the morning of the 15th
    Yes, that's what I'll be doing, ordering it online as soon as it's online. Hopefully they will do the rebate like the incredible, instant when ordering online. With them moving everyone's upgrade up, it's going to be hell at the stores! I have my incredible to tie me over until the Big X gets shipped out.

i know i dont wanna attempt going to the store to try and get one but i want this bad lol cant wait to get rid of my eris

I plan on ordering on the 15th. The phone usually shows up at 10AM EST. I will just pull an all-nighter of hitting F5 to be safe.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnny9374 View Post
    i know i dont wanna attempt going to the store to try and get one but i want this bad lol cant wait to get rid of my eris
    You and a million other people too. LOL, I wish you luck my friend!

I just hope it's not going to be back ordered like the incredible was and still is. But, I have a feeling it will be, not from the screen shortage, but from so many people wanting to get there hands on this bad boy. There is a lot of people left due in 2010.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Re: wonder how early i need to get there

My sister just got hers preordered now its just a waiting game

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wait, so they aren't going to open up early preorders like they did with the Incredible?

Quote Originally Posted by JubbaTheHutt View Post
    Wait, so they aren't going to open up early preorders like they did with the Incredible?
    From what I understand the only place you can pre order will be BestBuy

If that's the case, it's a disappointment and a joke...I mean hell, even AT&T allowed preorders (when they wanted to work) for the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by JubbaTheHutt View Post
    If that's the case, it's a disappointment and a joke...I mean hell, even AT&T allowed preorders (when they wanted to work) for the iPhone.
    There is a guy on AF who's wife works at VZW. She said that on the intranet screen it shows no pre-order for the X
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i would love to preorder at best buy and not have to worry about it, but i am not currently up for an upgrade. i am going to take advantage of the early upgrade through verizon, so i will have to go to a store
    LR7

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

How much does it cost to preorder at BB?

Quote Originally Posted by LR_Se7eN View Post
    Search is your friend...
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

I've got a friend that works at a VZW store I might have him set one aside for me.. :-)
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LR_Se7eN View Post
    $199 with 2-year contract (so you don't have to do the MIR).

$50 deposit when you go to pre-order (they give you a $50 gift card to use towards the purchase).

ROM
    Stock

If anyone's area is like mine (quite a few Verizon stores), then your best bet is to find a smaller store (usually a ZCom wireless one), with only a few employees, and try to talk to them a little bit. Chances are not alot of people have spoken to them and maybe if you chat with em a little bit, they can work out a deal with you.

I did this on Thursday night, and the guy at the store said I was only the second person to ask him about the X, and he had been there since it was annouced. He also told me I could call him launch day, or the day before, and see how many he was getting in, or how many people were picking them up, etc, and he may be able to hold one for me until I get off work.

We had a pretty interesting discussion about Blackberry vs Android while I was their too (I am currently a Storm 2 owner looking to upgrade my mobile experience, he was a Tour user).

***-kissing helps alot with the smaller stores, trust me.

I'm kind of curious as to how early I should arrive as well. I did not get to the store early enough for the storm (arrived an hour before opening). I was too early for the tour (arrived an hour before opening and there were not that many people there). Got to the store wayyy too early for the droid ( arrived 2 hours before open and 3 people total arrived before open and there was still supply left when i got home from work)

So what to do about the droid x is the question...I'm thinking half an hour maybe since the droid x (like the droid) prob wont be swarmed by normal users.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I did some researching and it looks like there was 10 day span between INC being pre-ordered and ship date. It seems like they would do that again. Right? I hope!

I have to have some glimmer of hope that Verizon will follow that trend so I can use my 50 dollars off on the X.