Droid X - no motoblur or any blur confirmed

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Droid X vs. Incredible ( Part 2 - revisited)

We've had many discussions in the past over which phone is more appealing to Verizon users. The breakdown usually resulted in some users wanting the larger screen and the OMAP 1 GHZ processor. Others felt the Incredible is the perfect size and that Motorola's motoblur was playing a large reason for people to stay away from Motorola products.

The latest news however points to no blur on the newest Droid X model. Does this change anyone's opinion on the matter?

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-x-does-not-have-motoblur

no heavy UI over the system. Has social networking features but no heavy UI overlay.

Watch the video from the article. Also has re-sizable widgets.. Awesome.

Last edited:

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Why are there other threads about the droid x in this sub forum?

Also there is really no presence for the X's sub forum and I know some users in this sub forum are either interested in this phone or hate it. Either way it usually leads to good discussions.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
oh please. In threads all over this subforum there are droid x comments all over the place.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/12062-droid-incredible-shipping-224.html

comment 2231

I could've also stuck this in a 10 page thread about "Abandoning the Incredible to Wait for Droid X "

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/18184-abandoning-incredible-wait-droid-x.html

Why are you all of a sudden so against the discussion of a droid X now?
Those other posts are in threads that directly pertain to the Incredible and mention the Droid X... This should be in the Droid X forum or as a post in the "Abandoning the Incredible for Droid X" thread, so people who are thinking of switching know these facts...

Good post, just could be in a better location, that's all... Not a big deal...

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
^^

ok I changed the OP. Now it is more Incredible centric/related.

Also there are mods roaming these woods. No need to play mod and attempt to decide what's a reasonable discussion. They have control over the issue and will ultimately make the decision.

So does the new 'no blur' news change any of your minds on the new X? I myself plan on selling my Incredible to go for the X.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Nope form factor is the only thing really keeping me from getting a phone like that. The screen size would be awesome for sitting on the couch screwing around on the web, playing game, watching video on it etc. But for an everyday carry around in the pocket kind of guy, it's too big for my pockets, plain and simple. I know a lot of people say it looks bigger in pictures than it actually is, but I know I can forget about my phone with the form factor it is now, anything bigger I just don't think that would happen with.

Not to mention it's a Motorola, I do applaud them however for not using blur! That's huge. All the other stats about the phone is what I would want....just the size thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699