I LOVE my new Motorola X (I really don't have one...)

GynormousMellon#AC

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE my new Motorola X

No I don't have it yet but I wanted to be the first one to start a thread for a change. :)

I've been suffering through reading all the posts since the beginning of the year about how awesome the Droid then the Incredible are and I've been stuck on my BB Curve. Curve was good when I first got it but time to move on. My NE2 for $100 is up on Aug 5th so I will finally be able to get an Android phone and I'm going with the X. By then there will be tons of people who will have already had the X and posted about how great it is.

Just wanted to be first instead of just lurking and reading. The torture will soon end. Wonder if I'll miss the battery pulls?????

Last edited:

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm just waiting to see how the boot loader situation progresses. That will be what makes me pull the trigger and can my evo or not.

Thablackguy

Apr 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
lol i'm right there with you gynormous... i've got a POS Storm1 and its embarrassing to see all the awesome phones that have blown right pass this fail of a phone... mine is up in august as well so as soon as money gets saved the X is going in my pocket !! :)

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my Tour, it has never disappointed me. It's just so... boring.

Can't wait for X! Cryogenic sleep until the 15th doesn't sound too bad right about now. :p

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
lol i'm right there with you gynormous... i've got a POS Storm1 and its embarrassing to see all the awesome phones that have blown right pass this fail of a phone... mine is up in august as well so as soon as money gets saved the X is going in my pocket !! :)

Ditto here. Had a Storm 1 from right after launch. Used my mom's upgrade to get a Storm2 last November (didn't like Droid's keyboard so I chose to stick with BB for a little. big mistake.)

Cannot wait to join the Open Source movement with a Droid X.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Android is a huge difference than BB.
So to all you BB users looking to transfer to Android, welcome ;)
As the majority of our users are ex-BB owners, you can see how great it is. I personally switched from BB to Android.
Best decision ever.
No more battery pulls and no more memory management ;)
If any of you need help when you get your phones, don't be afraid to ask.

Till then...
DROID!!

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i just called verizon again to cancel my incredible order. inc is a great phone but im gunna wait it out for the x. has everything i want plus after using sense on my eris i wanna try motos new ui. i say switch if u dont mind the size. my phones out more then its in my pocket so the screen size doesnt bother me at all. plus faster list goes on.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i agree i got this eris and couldnt be more disappointed. cant wait to throw it in that plastic pouch and send it back when my x comes in.

GynormousMellon#AC

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Well you will only get 50$ for new every two no more 100 $

I thought the same but VZW told me I will still get the $100 and not the $50. Maybe it's because I haven't made any changes to my account in 2 years?? Or maybe I'm just special in a short bus kind of way. I'll find out in a month

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah if the boot loader is locked then this phone is not for me... would too restricted...

guys calm down. that's all speculation. Motorola has been known for leaving decent holes to let us in. i would not worrie about it honestly. we always have RSD Lite and i am sure devs will figure out a way to make a sbf file to root worst comes to worst

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
guys calm down. that's all speculation. Motorola has been known for leaving decent holes to let us in. i would not worrie about it honestly. we always have RSD Lite and i am sure devs will figure out a way to make a sbf file to root worst comes to worst

No decent hole has been found in the milestone. I just want to flash custom roms. I would rather not wait for moto to get the updates out...