Verizon shipping Droid X Early?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That's wonderful. Congrats. I would have bet money otherwise, but I didn't want to say anything. Have a great time with it, and report back often.

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll be jumping from Storm 1 to the Droid X as well. I'm pretty jealous right now. That pic of the storm and droid x is awesome

coerulea

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Im so juvenile... right now my favorite things are the cool ringtones and notification options... lol...

The camera is very good, but not quite good enough to replace my point and shoot... the colors seem to be water colorish in some pics, and about one in 5 or 6 pics is a tiny bit blurry for no apparent reason... browser on wifi is lightning fast, on 3g is very good as well, can't wait to see it wth FroYo and Flash. Unlocking has an unusual lag, not really a lag in the software, just a built in double check to make sure you want to unlock...

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Awesome! I'm glad that worked out. I'm using my annual upgrade, so I'll have to wait on line with the masses...hopefully not too long of a line...

Fabian43

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got off phone with Verizon, got my upgrade date moved up from 8/4 to today. Logged onto 'My Verizon' to see if I could pre-order online but could not. CSR tried to order for me on the phone and couldnt. Manager told her X cannot be pre-ordered and on the 15th it will be avail through all channels. As of now I have a Best Buy pre-order so I'm hoping they receive it earlier than the 15th and are able to call us in to pick up? Has anyone ever pre-ordered from Best Buy? If so, is it common for them to release phone early? Does Verizon make them wait until 15th?

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got off phone with Verizon, got my upgrade date moved up from 8/4 to today. Logged onto 'My Verizon' to see if I could pre-order online but could not. CSR tried to order for me on the phone and couldnt. Manager told her X cannot be pre-ordered and on the 15th it will be avail through all channels. As of now I have a Best Buy pre-order so I'm hoping they receive it earlier than the 15th and are able to call us in to pick up? Has anyone ever pre-ordered from Best Buy? If so, is it common for them to release phone early? Does Verizon make them wait until 15th?

When i did my pre order at best buy for the X (first at my local stor btw) they said to expect a call setting up an appointment on the 13th maybe sooner. He also mentioned that if they have it in stock earlier I MIGHT be able to get it b4 the 15th. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats OP!!! Enjoy this amazing piece of tech. If you can, try putting an avi file on there and seeing if it can be played. I really need to know this, bc if it cant play them i need to find a program to convert my movies.

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried calling Customer Service tonight to upgrade my phone and preorder the X. She said they won't do preorders till the 24th. I didn't want to get into an argument with her. I'll try again tomorrow.

Kimasu

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! Consider my Storm and I jealous!

My upgrade date is 8/1/10, and I am the second line on a family plan. I called Verizon tonight and was told that I could not move my upgrade date to the 15th.

However, the rep did tell me that there's a "promotion" available to my account where I can upgrade to any 3G smart phone. They will waive the early upgrade fee, which he said was $20, and apply the $100 rebate instantly. It's via phone only though, so he told me to check their website, and as soon as the Droid was available on the web to just call in and have a CSR order the X for me.

If anyone is having trouble getting their date moved, try calling and asking about the promotion.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's via phone only though, so he told me to check their website, and as soon as the Droid was available on the web to just call in and have a CSR order the X for me.

There most definitely IS a promotion where anybody who's contract ends in 2010 can upgrade early for any new 3G smartphone, but as far as Verizon told me when I went to the store, it is NOT a phone-only promotion. Anybody can take part, in store or over the phone. Then again, they may have been trying to convince me not to go through Best Buy's pre-sale, but I did anyway.

Kimasu

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
There most definitely IS a promotion where anybody who's contract ends in 2010 can upgrade early for any new 3G smartphone, but as far as Verizon told me when I went to the store, it is NOT a phone-only promotion. Anybody can take part, in store or over the phone. Then again, they may have been trying to convince me not to go through Best Buy's pre-sale, but I did anyway.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm not the primary line?

One of my co-workers has a friend who works at our local Verizon store, so he called him up earlier today and I got to explain my situation to him. He said that he couldn't do an early upgrade and I'd have to call in to get them to change anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci