Verizon shipping Droid X Early?

coerulea

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I had been having problems with my Storm 1, on my 3rd device now... still having freezing issues, screen input reversal issues... so I talked to Verizon in early June and they moved up my NE2 date so I could replace the device, I intended on getting an HTC Incredible, but after news of the Droid X came out I decided I would wait for that device...

So I was stuck in an airport yesterday afternoon, and even though all the blogs and forums are saying Verizon isnt offering pre-order for the Droid X, I called up customer service just to ask... turns out she let me order the Droid X, confirmed the 299 price and the 100 dollar mail in rebate, and told me anticipated ship date is July 15th...

Late yesterday evening I get an email saying my verizon shipment has been processed and is out on FedEx for 2 day delivery (altho with the weekend and Holiday Fedex says it wont be here until Tuesday per FedEx tracking info). I was initially confused and thought oh crap they ordered me a regular droid... so I call customer service back, and the rep looks in my account and in a surprised voice tells me that my Droid X has shipped. So has anyone else had this experience? Am I tremendously lucky and the Android gods are smiling on me with a fluke? Am I going to be even more surprised to open the box when it arrives and find a Droid Eris or Droid one??

UPDATE TUESDAY 06Jul2010:

Allrighty ppl... I need to go buy some lottery tickets... the FedEx man delivered not an eris, not a droid one, but an honest to goodness Droid X, all the finger crossing I did over the weekend worked... lol.

IMG00146-20100706-1726 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

First impressions are extremely good, its only been outta the box a few minutes, but the weight is perfect, its most definitely not too big, which was a minor concern lingering in the back of my mind. The thickness (or rather lack thereof) of the phone is awesome, it feels slim and chic in your hand, and the camera bump feels more like an ergonomic design feature than anything else.

IMG00148-20100706-1732 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The phone startup and setup blows my first gen Storm boot time out of the water, this last pic was taken with my partners Incredible of the decom'd Storm 1 and the new X side by side.

IMAG0165 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The haptic feedback is nice, and actually feels quicker than even the Incredible (this may just be excitement talking) I surely wont miss surepress, sureclick, or whatever they are calling it now...

So enough rambling, but to all the people who said impossible, your crazy, etc... is the appropriate term... "suck it!!"? lol.

Im off to test it out and and play with my new toy ;)

Last edited:

Dante8205

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
wow

wow, if this is true im gonna try to give this a whirl. Let us know as soon as your package comes. You could be a very lucky man.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Something isn't right. Either the email is wrong or the item shipped is wrong. But just to make sure I don't miss out on early phones, I'll be watching for your response. ;)

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I called twice, first one was worthless (just trying to move up my NE2, said she couldnt move it literally 6 days), and the second one at least moved up my NE2. Neither could preorder the phone.

If this is true you can bet I'll be placing some calls. Anyways, I wouldn't expect it to work for anyone else.Hope you got the right phone ordered (and they didn't just ship you a Droid 1)! Look forward to hopefully a user review on Tuesday.

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I will be watching too. Can't wait to see what you get, hope its the X! It's tempting to try and call them but I will wait and see.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
LOL......I called CS, and the gal tried, but her system said "This product not available for order from this location till July 15TH" Maybe the OP got lucky, and slipped through the system! Lucky dog! LOL!

Butthead007

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
There are several problems with this thread.

Firstly, a CS rep can NOT move your NE2 date or an upgrade date. Only a supervisor can.

Second, it is impossible to order the Droid X right now. The system will not allow you to place the order.

Lastly, enjoy your Incredible, because that is what shipped.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Firstly, a CS rep can NOT move your NE2 date or an upgrade date. Only a supervisor can.

Second, it is impossible to order the Droid X right now. The system will not allow you to place the order.

Lastly, enjoy your Incredible, because that is what shipped.

found another problem with this thread...the incredible isnt shipping until 7/29

bigged

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
if this is teur you made out like a bandit, because we all know that the droid x doesnt release until the 15th. like everyone else is saying. you made out lucky if you get it early. good luck.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Wrong. I spoke to a CSR the other day regarding my current phone bill and mentioned that my NE2 was coming up July 21st, but wanted it move to the 15th in order to take advantage of the X's release. She said it was no problem, reset the date, and sure enough, when I logged back into my account on VZW.com a few minutes later, the date had been changed.

I'm actually curious as to what was sent if it wasn't a Droid X.

mh1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get my NE2 upgrade moved from 7/28 to 7/15 today by asking the CSR three different times and telling her that I knew others were able to get it done. She kept saying she could not do anything but I asked if a supervisor could and she put me on hold and came back with a YES. I then asked if I could pre-order and of course she said no and suggested I order on the website at 12 AM on the 15th.

Yesterday I talked to a CSR that told me she could not move my NE2 but offered to let me pre-order the Droid X w/o the NE2. Don't know what she was smokin! Later she sent me this email:

Dear Xxxxxxx Xxxx,

My name is Xxxx and it was a pleasure speaking to you today. I apologize that we were not able to change your NE2 credit. You are eligible to upgrade on July 28, 2010 and will be able to use your NE2 credit at that time. However, if you upgrade early you will lose the NE2 credit.

Thank you for your information about upgrading early and receiving the NE2 credit. I trust that the information that I have provided is helpful. We appreciate your business and thank you for being the most important part of Verizon Wireless.

Have a Fantastic Day!

Sincerely,

xxxx
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000