small amount of phones availible at launch?

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
verizon store employee says we will only have about 30 Xs on July 15th, then a super comes over and says probably not even that many? Sounds like an insanly small amount to me. Anyone with different info?

dimhcs21

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Manager at my Verizon store said that when Moto Droid came out, they had insane amounts of stock and Motorola is known for not having stock issues. VZW Store also said that they have been told to not expect any inventory issues as they will not run out on day one....

Needless to say, my store is opening at 8am on July 15, and I'll be there at 7:30am!

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it a big store, do you live in a big town, is it the only store in the area?

Near me, 30 phones could be a little or alot depending on the size of the store. But then again. there's five stores withing a 20 minutes driving distance. So it depends on alot of factors.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it a big store, do you live in a big town, is it the only store in the area?

Near me, 30 phones could be a little or alot depending on the size of the store. But then again. there's five stores withing a 20 minutes driving distance. So it depends on alot of factors.

We've got 2 stores, but our town is only like 58,000 people, so I shouldn't have a problem getting one in my area, as nobody is really tech savvy here... Welcome to Central Kansas, home of farms....

MotoDroidx17

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth the manager that I spoke with about 10 days ago said "they would not have the same supply issues that they had with the Inc." (scottsdale).

I think VZM would be very conscious not to repeat these same issues, it doesn't help anyones bottom line not to finalize the sale asap.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have heard that they should have plenty in stock. I am guessing they are covering there butts by saying they might not have to many. I am ordering online and skipping the store hassle!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I will definitely get to the store early...but not 6am early. I feel like I always arrive too early. I will probably shoot for half hour before open. I'm in NYC.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My local corporate store manager told me that they were expecting a boat load of devices and that they learned their lesson with the DInc. I'll be buying in Queens, NY. I'm getting to a kiosk about half an hour before opening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae