Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default small amount of phones availible at launch?

verizon store employee says we will only have about 30 Xs on July 15th, then a super comes over and says probably not even that many? Sounds like an insanly small amount to me. Anyone with different info?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Manager at my Verizon store said that when Moto Droid came out, they had insane amounts of stock and Motorola is known for not having stock issues. VZW Store also said that they have been told to not expect any inventory issues as they will not run out on day one....

Needless to say, my store is opening at 8am on July 15, and I'll be there at 7:30am!

Carrier
    Swapping them all out

I'm getting to mine early.... Hopefully!

Carrier
    Stock

Is it a big store, do you live in a big town, is it the only store in the area?

Near me, 30 phones could be a little or alot depending on the size of the store. But then again. there's five stores withing a 20 minutes driving distance. So it depends on alot of factors.

Carrier
    Swapping them all out

Quote Originally Posted by ceriem View Post
    Is it a big store, do you live in a big town, is it the only store in the area?

Near me, 30 phones could be a little or alot depending on the size of the store. But then again. there's five stores withing a 20 minutes driving distance. So it depends on alot of factors.
    We've got 2 stores, but our town is only like 58,000 people, so I shouldn't have a problem getting one in my area, as nobody is really tech savvy here... Welcome to Central Kansas, home of farms....

For what it is worth the manager that I spoke with about 10 days ago said "they would not have the same supply issues that they had with the Inc." (scottsdale).

I think VZM would be very conscious not to repeat these same issues, it doesn't help anyones bottom line not to finalize the sale asap.

I have heard that they should have plenty in stock. I am guessing they are covering there butts by saying they might not have to many. I am ordering online and skipping the store hassle!

I will definitely get to the store early...but not 6am early. I feel like I always arrive too early. I will probably shoot for half hour before open. I'm in NYC.

I live 30 mins away from the nearest vzm so I will be ordering online

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

My local corporate store manager told me that they were expecting a boat load of devices and that they learned their lesson with the DInc. I'll be buying in Queens, NY. I'm getting to a kiosk about half an hour before opening.