Does the X have "scenes" like the incredible?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That's an HTC Sense UI thing. Motorola doesn't provide that functionality. There might be some 3rd party launcher apps that do that though.

Drayton

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that function is pretty useless anyway. The incredible has scenes, and when you get 7 screens for each scene, it gets kinda ridiculous keeping everything the way you want. The droid X does have 7 screens though, which i think is plenty to have a workspace, a social screen, and whatever else you'd like.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that function is pretty useless anyway. The incredible has scenes, and when you get 7 screens for each scene, it gets kinda ridiculous keeping everything the way you want. The droid X does have 7 screens though, which i think is plenty to have a workspace, a social screen, and whatever else you'd like.

This...and that is all.

My buddy showed me his scenes and all but the most used one were organized. He did have one that was set up for when he goes out clubbing that seemed like it might be useful apart from his "normal" scene. But i didn't really get the whole scene thing.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Same here, never once used them. Just dont see any point to them really when you have many different screens in the first place.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I did have mine setup with a 'work' and a 'home' scene which was somewhat useful. To be honest though I don't think it is something that very many people would miss. Seven screens is really plenty...at least for me. More of a gimmick if you ask me.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i never saw scenes as additional pages but instead just different setups for when you need to change it.

For instnace (i dont' have an android device yet but this was my idea) i would make a battery saving scene where its void of all internet heavy widgets but instead have text messages/calender as well as other things for when i'm out and about for most of the day without access to a plug.

But...who knows i probably would end up just using one.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's nice to have the ability, but I've always just started with "blank slate" and built around it. Seven screens is more than enough. Oddly enough, I like the way LauncherPRO and other such launchers in the Market let you only have 3 or 5 screens if you choose!

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I use the scenes on my Incredible, and they are far from useless. I love that option.

Sent from Sir Brian's HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea I can see a use for it to have a work/home option, but on the other hand it's not like people at work are frequently looking at my phone and I would find it tough to completely separate work/personal life.

Jack in NC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I like Scenes quite a bit and will miss it on the Dx. I have Scenes for home, work, travel and on my bicycle (emergency contacts, music, a couple gps apps, social media, etc).

My replacement will probably be folder shortcuts that effectively let me turn one screen into multiple temp screens.

powermanaf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Bump.

I played with an Incredible and the Droid X at the Verizon store yesterday, and I gotta say, I was liking HTC's Sense a bit more than Motorola's overlay. One thing I really did like was the "Scenes" feature.

So does anyone know of an app that gives you this function?

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have found both ADW and Launcher Pro break some of the Motorola widgets which I love. It would be nice to have a Launcher Pro slim versions that does the graphic and 3D stuff on the drawer.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I rarely changed the scenes on my Eris. When I first got the phone, I messed around with them, but at the end of the day, they weren't all that useful to me. I get one "scene" set up the way I wanted it, and never changed it from that. I also felt that 7 screens were really too many, for the most part. I only really used 3 or 4 of them.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there any "Scene" alternatives for non-HTC android phones?

The closest you could prolly get is download from the Market: Home Switcher, ADW Launcher, and Launcher pro. You then could setup The stock launcher, and the other aftermarket ones differentlly from each other (Scenes) Then use Home switcher to switch between the different launchers.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Not to sound disrespectful, but that's not what I (and hopefully op) am looking fore. I'm talking about either a widget or app of some sort where you set up different profiles that can be activated via gps location, time, gesture, or etc. allowing it change your wallpaper (or what folder they get it from), change the layout of any widgets or apps set on the pages. I seriously wish that ADW or LPro added this feature to their launchers.

bosoxyear

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have an idea how to emulate this? I would love to have scenes as I have two children that love to play with my phone. I could get a scene for them and they couldn't accidentally email a client, text an ex or who knows what....

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX