1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Default Does the X have "scenes" like the incredible?

I really like this about the incredible does the X's UI have something like that?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

That's an HTC Sense UI thing. Motorola doesn't provide that functionality. There might be some 3rd party launcher apps that do that though.

I've heard that function is pretty useless anyway. The incredible has scenes, and when you get 7 screens for each scene, it gets kinda ridiculous keeping everything the way you want. The droid X does have 7 screens though, which i think is plenty to have a workspace, a social screen, and whatever else you'd like.
    LR7

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drayton View Post
    I've heard that function is pretty useless anyway. The incredible has scenes, and when you get 7 screens for each scene, it gets kinda ridiculous keeping everything the way you want. The droid X does have 7 screens though, which i think is plenty to have a workspace, a social screen, and whatever else you'd like.
    This...and that is all.

My buddy showed me his scenes and all but the most used one were organized. He did have one that was set up for when he goes out clubbing that seemed like it might be useful apart from his "normal" scene. But i didn't really get the whole scene thing.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Come to think of it, I've never once changed to a different scene.

Same here, never once used them. Just dont see any point to them really when you have many different screens in the first place.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

I did have mine setup with a 'work' and a 'home' scene which was somewhat useful. To be honest though I don't think it is something that very many people would miss. Seven screens is really plenty...at least for me. More of a gimmick if you ask me.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

i never saw scenes as additional pages but instead just different setups for when you need to change it.

For instnace (i dont' have an android device yet but this was my idea) i would make a battery saving scene where its void of all internet heavy widgets but instead have text messages/calender as well as other things for when i'm out and about for most of the day without access to a plug.

But...who knows i probably would end up just using one.

I guess it's nice to have the ability, but I've always just started with "blank slate" and built around it. Seven screens is more than enough. Oddly enough, I like the way LauncherPRO and other such launchers in the Market let you only have 3 or 5 screens if you choose!

Default Re: Does the X have "scenes" like the incredible?

I use the scenes on my Incredible, and they are far from useless. I love that option.

Sent from Sir Brian's HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

• I am not Neo, but I am still the One.

Yea I can see a use for it to have a work/home option, but on the other hand it's not like people at work are frequently looking at my phone and I would find it tough to completely separate work/personal life.

bump, also have similar need for non-htc scene alternative

Default Re: Does the X have "scenes" like the incredible?

I like Scenes quite a bit and will miss it on the Dx. I have Scenes for home, work, travel and on my bicycle (emergency contacts, music, a couple gps apps, social media, etc).

My replacement will probably be folder shortcuts that effectively let me turn one screen into multiple temp screens.

Bump.

I played with an Incredible and the Droid X at the Verizon store yesterday, and I gotta say, I was liking HTC's Sense a bit more than Motorola's overlay. One thing I really did like was the "Scenes" feature.

So does anyone know of an app that gives you this function?

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I have found both ADW and Launcher Pro break some of the Motorola widgets which I love. It would be nice to have a Launcher Pro slim versions that does the graphic and 3D stuff on the drawer.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I rarely changed the scenes on my Eris. When I first got the phone, I messed around with them, but at the end of the day, they weren't all that useful to me. I get one "scene" set up the way I wanted it, and never changed it from that. I also felt that 7 screens were really too many, for the most part. I only really used 3 or 4 of them.

Is there any "Scene" alternatives for non-HTC android phones?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan745 View Post
    Is there any "Scene" alternatives for non-HTC android phones?
    The closest you could prolly get is download from the Market: Home Switcher, ADW Launcher, and Launcher pro. You then could setup The stock launcher, and the other aftermarket ones differentlly from each other (Scenes) Then use Home switcher to switch between the different launchers.

Not to sound disrespectful, but that's not what I (and hopefully op) am looking fore. I'm talking about either a widget or app of some sort where you set up different profiles that can be activated via gps location, time, gesture, or etc. allowing it change your wallpaper (or what folder they get it from), change the layout of any widgets or apps set on the pages. I seriously wish that ADW or LPro added this feature to their launchers.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Does anybody have an idea how to emulate this? I would love to have scenes as I have two children that love to play with my phone. I could get a scene for them and they couldn't accidentally email a client, text an ex or who knows what....

Thanks!

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan745 View Post
    Not to sound disrespectful, but that's not what I (and hopefully op) am looking fore. I'm talking about either a widget or app of some sort where you set up different profiles that can be activated via gps location, time, gesture, or etc. allowing it change your wallpaper (or what folder they get it from), change the layout of any widgets or apps set on the pages. I seriously wish that ADW or LPro added this feature to their launchers.
    Setting Profiles allows you to change many options based on a number of criteria, including time of day, gps location, docking status, battery level (i think) and more. It does not, as far as I know, let you change your layout a la HTC's "scenes"
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
    Thanked by: