What phone are you using while waiting for the X?

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Im on my 2nd EnvTouch phone, basically the phone would turn off at random times, whenever I took it out of my pocket or put it down on a desk. Surfing the Net of this this was a PITA until they upgraded the software. The case fell apart on my so I had to carry it loose so I bumped into objects which cracked the screen (pics below) lol. So Im in the market for a new phone which will be the Droid X on the 15th of July.

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Had the incredible but sold it on eBay for 500$. Can't believe some one bought a used incredible for that price. Had bb storm 1 sold it for 200$. Now I'm back on my MOTO Droid rooted and rocking cm 6.0. It is fast.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not I returned my Evo because of the 30 day thing. I'm actually stuck with a Moto W385 :( Until the X is released...

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry Pearl 8130. My "smart" phone isn't very smart. Randomly the screen will go white and the only way i can get it to stop is to stick it in the freezer for an hour or two. I'm VERY excited for to replace the phone.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking the Storm 1 for now. It's not really that bad of a phone aside from the app memory, but with all of the other kinds of phones out there it just feels incredibly dated. The real frustration comes from my wife's Storm. She doesn't treat her phone very well, and I do, so when I upgrade she's getting my Storm. That means, for me, that I have to hear her complain about her phone until I get to upgrade, which is just as irritating as having a broken phone.

ramen

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
5 year old LG VX5200 that doesn't ring or vibrate. The camera only shows a green picture. Some of the buttons don't work unless you press really hard. It has taken a thousand drops in parking lots and a swim in a glass of water and it still makes and receives calls. Workhorse right there. I am going to miss my little clamshell.

opcenter

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
5 year old LG VX5200 that doesn't ring or vibrate. The camera only shows a green picture. Some of the buttons don't work unless you press really hard. It has taken a thousand drops in parking lots and a swim in a glass of water and it still makes and receives calls. Workhorse right there. I am going to miss my little clamshell.

Yeah, that's going to be a huge change. I went from a Moto E815 to an LG Voyager and I treated the Voyager the same as my E815 and it only lasted about a year before the outer screen cracked beyond use. I was much more careful after that when I switched to an iPhone 3G... like I have a dedicated phone pocket that I never put anything else in when the phone is in there. I'm glad I'm already accustomed to being very careful with my phone for when my Droid X arrives. :)

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I was much more careful after that when I switched to an iPhone 3G... like I have a dedicated phone pocket that I never put anything else in when the phone is in there.

I'm surprised that I don't hear of more people doing this. I haven't carried anything other than my phone in my left pocket for probably 9 years now. It seems to me like you're just asking to get your phone scratched up if you include change or keys in the same pocket.