Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What phone are you using while waiting for the X?

Im on my 2nd EnvTouch phone, basically the phone would turn off at random times, whenever I took it out of my pocket or put it down on a desk. Surfing the Net of this this was a PITA until they upgraded the software. The case fell apart on my so I had to carry it loose so I bumped into objects which cracked the screen (pics below) lol. So Im in the market for a new phone which will be the Droid X on the 15th of July.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What phone are you using while waiting for the X?-env3.jpg  
    Last edited by bc6droid; 07-07-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Droid Incredible: Canceled
    X Ordered: 7/6
    Promised: 7/16
    Delivered: 7/16

Set up multiple Gmail accounts on your Droid X

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Blackberry 8330!
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate

My father got my Droid X, my stepmother has a Droid 2, and I'm using a rooted Fascinate, swapping out lots of roms.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Had the incredible but sold it on eBay for 500$. Can't believe some one bought a used incredible for that price. Had bb storm 1 sold it for 200$. Now I'm back on my MOTO Droid rooted and rocking cm 6.0. It is fast.

BlackBerry Tour on Verizon. BLEH, I gots me a trackball error too D:

iPhone 3G... running iOS 4... slowly...

Believe it or not I returned my Evo because of the 30 day thing. I'm actually stuck with a Moto W385 Until the X is released...

A 3 year old
    Needless to say, I'm excited.

My 2 year old LG Dare

Blackberry Pearl 8130. My "smart" phone isn't very smart. Randomly the screen will go white and the only way i can get it to stop is to stick it in the freezer for an hour or two. I'm VERY excited for to replace the phone.
    LR7

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Blackberry Storm 2 here. Hoping for the 15th to come fast. I am fed up!!!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LR_Se7eN View Post
    Blackberry Storm 2 here. Hoping for the 15th to come fast. I am fed up!!!
    Samesies.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

I'm rocking the Storm 1 for now. It's not really that bad of a phone aside from the app memory, but with all of the other kinds of phones out there it just feels incredibly dated. The real frustration comes from my wife's Storm. She doesn't treat her phone very well, and I do, so when I upgrade she's getting my Storm. That means, for me, that I have to hear her complain about her phone until I get to upgrade, which is just as irritating as having a broken phone.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Blackberry Storm 1. My second replacement in fact.
    http://alltherighttunes.com
    Operations Manager / Emcee / DJ / Webmaster
    Phone: Droid X

Samsung i910 with custom 6.5 rom running HTC Sense UI

5 year old LG VX5200 that doesn't ring or vibrate. The camera only shows a green picture. Some of the buttons don't work unless you press really hard. It has taken a thousand drops in parking lots and a swim in a glass of water and it still makes and receives calls. Workhorse right there. I am going to miss my little clamshell.

Quote Originally Posted by ramen View Post
    5 year old LG VX5200 that doesn't ring or vibrate. The camera only shows a green picture. Some of the buttons don't work unless you press really hard. It has taken a thousand drops in parking lots and a swim in a glass of water and it still makes and receives calls. Workhorse right there. I am going to miss my little clamshell.
    Yeah, that's going to be a huge change. I went from a Moto E815 to an LG Voyager and I treated the Voyager the same as my E815 and it only lasted about a year before the outer screen cracked beyond use. I was much more careful after that when I switched to an iPhone 3G... like I have a dedicated phone pocket that I never put anything else in when the phone is in there. I'm glad I'm already accustomed to being very careful with my phone for when my Droid X arrives.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

moto droid

Quote Originally Posted by smoke_show View Post
    Samsung i910 with custom 6.5 rom running HTC Sense UI
    Same here... Until the X there really wasnt a phone that compared to the Omnia... But I cant wait for X

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Quote Originally Posted by opcenter View Post
    I was much more careful after that when I switched to an iPhone 3G... like I have a dedicated phone pocket that I never put anything else in when the phone is in there.
    I'm surprised that I don't hear of more people doing this. I haven't carried anything other than my phone in my left pocket for probably 9 years now. It seems to me like you're just asking to get your phone scratched up if you include change or keys in the same pocket.

Droid Incredible(My 30 days ends on the 15th). haha

Blackberry Curve 8330.... the pink one ;P
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

Droid Eris on CELB2.7. I had to tweak the hell out of my Eris to make it worth having. Funny though I am happier with it now than ever. But it's still getting hand-me-downed in August.
    HTC Touch Pro>HTC Droid Eris>Moto Droid X>Samsung Focus>HTC Sensation 4G>Nexus 4>Nexus 5
    Your phone will only be the latest and greatest for a few months.

Default Re: What phone are you using while waiting for the X?

Moto Droid

Sent from my Droid
    DROID!!!

Got a FREE blackberry Bold 9650 from Verizon because my Tour was a POS
    and i will sell it 7/16 after i pick up my X from Best Buy the 15 .
    Anyone wanna buy it cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender0715 View Post
    Same here... Until the X there really wasnt a phone that compared to the Omnia... But I cant wait for X
    Agreed. The developers of the custom roms did a great job extending the phones life and made it a lot more easy for me to hang onto it for the roughly 2 years.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast