In store pre order appointment?

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
ok so i walked in to the Verizon store having finally convinced myself that the X is for me and i started talking to a CSR about it and asked if i could order one. she said she could put me on the "Pre Order Appointment List" so i said ok and i have a "Pre Order Appointment" for July 15th and no one could give me a straight answer on wtf the "Pre Order Appointment" actually means. I even flirted up the CSR and found nothing out....(i do have a date tomorrow though) she legitimately knows nothing so i ask...

WTF is a "Pre Order Appointment"?
am i just better off going to Best Buy?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to stop by my VZW store now as the reps there both assured me there were going to be "plenty to go around" and that I didn't need to do anything special short of showing up on the 15th and leaving with 2 new X's.

Thanks for the heads-up.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
its not, my appointment is for 3pm on the 15th...

3pm??? sounds like you might be SOL that late in the day!

VZW put me on "the list" last week, and they said the best bet is to come first thing in the morning. by being on the list, they said they'd call everyone on the list to let them know how many phones they'l have in store and what time the store will open on the 15th.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to have to stop by my VZW store now as the reps there both assured me there were going to be "plenty to go around" and that I didn't need to do anything special short of showing up on the 15th and leaving with 2 new X's.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I went into a verizon store last week who put my name on a list, which I was the first person on this list. he said not to worry there will be plenty of droid x's to go around it wont be the incredible, different company makes it no problem with parts;)

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I went into a verizon store last week who put my name on a list, which I was the first person on this list. he said not to worry there will be plenty of droid x's to go around it wont be the incredible, different company makes it no problem with parts;)
I've highlighted the most troubling part of your post :D

smoke_show

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I talked to one of the reps at my local BB and he also reassured me that there would be plenty to go around. He told me they do this so that there isn't MASS CHAOS once the doors open at 10am.

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i thought i was SOL BUT there are only 10 people ahead of me on the list. i'm seriously considering just going to Best Buy since they seem to know whats going on

Sangiovese

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My VSW store did not know anything about any list. They just said they will open 1 hour early on 7/15 and it's first come first served. I will probably just call in my order early AM and wait for the next-day delivery.

smoke_show

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My VSW store did not know anything about any list. They just said they will open 1 hour early on 7/15 and it's first come first served. I will probably just call in my order early AM and wait for the next-day delivery.

This thread is really in reference to purchasing the Droid X through Best Buy with a preorder. Not purchasing through Big Red

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
From reading all the various takes and my own experience it seems like its up to each store. Verizon as a company isn't pushing any specific process. If your store VZ wants to maintain a list and hold one for you, if their list is just to notify you how many they are getting, if their list is to hold one and setup an appt for you to come get it, if they have a list, appt and midnight launch, really just seems like each store is up to do what they think is best. I'm sure some, probably most, wont do anything and just open the door.

I guess all you can do is call and ask, what their doing and what you can do to ensure you get one and plan accordingly. Doesn't seem to be any corporate process being rolled out.

"This thread is really in reference to purchasing the Droid X through Best Buy with a preorder."

Re-read post #1 he specifically says I walked into a Verizon store, this is about VZ not BB ;)

condr67

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, Best Buy was the only store taking deposits. Verizon was not taking preorders for the phone because of the nonsense that happened with the Incredible. Basically you give Best Buy 50.00, they issue you a gift card for that amount that you can apply towards the balance of your phone. I filled out a form holding one phone when they come in. No preorder but I will (hopefully) have a phone waiting for me on the 15th. They said they will call me to set up an appointment to pick up my phone.

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
They said they will call me to set up an appointment to pick up my phone.

this is what i think Verizon is doing, i've investigated further and it appears they were told to act like its kind of a mysterious launch day (at least in that store) the appointment system is in place because the managers/CSRs got together and said they don't want to put up with the huge rush so they can hopefully spread it out over the day. it also makes it so i dont have to get there early and miss work :)

mnor

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local VZW store (small...located in a miniMall). Asked about getting a DX on release date. The CSR told me all I had to do is leave a $100 deposit to hold one for me. Was told they would call me when it arrived.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local VZW store (small...located in a miniMall). Asked about getting a DX on release date. The CSR told me all I had to do is leave a $100 deposit to hold one for me. Was told they would call me when it arrived.

interesting.....that's the first i've heard a store doing this. i wonder if more will fall in line with this.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just talked the guy at my VZW store for the third time since last week about the X release.

He again said there would be no problem getting 2 X's on release day and that in fact - he'd set 2 aside for me - and to just come in and get them on the 15th. He took my name and said he'd be sure 2 X's and 2 Convoys (for my dad and mother in law) would be waiting.

I'll report back my elation (or frustration) on the 15th. :)

liquidhonesty

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just talked the guy at my VZW store for the third time since last week about the X release.

He again said there would be no problem getting 2 X's on release day and that in fact - he'd set 2 aside for me - and to just come in and get them on the 15th. He took my name and said he'd be sure 2 X's and 2 Convoys (for my dad and mother in law) would be waiting.

I'll report back my elation (or frustration) on the 15th. :)

Same for me...I'm 1st and 2nd on the list at BB here, but I went to Verizon as well and they are supposed to "set two aside" for me on the 15th. We shall see....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463