Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default In store pre order appointment?

    ok so i walked in to the Verizon store having finally convinced myself that the X is for me and i started talking to a CSR about it and asked if i could order one. she said she could put me on the "Pre Order Appointment List" so i said ok and i have a "Pre Order Appointment" for July 15th and no one could give me a straight answer on wtf the "Pre Order Appointment" actually means. I even flirted up the CSR and found nothing out....(i do have a date tomorrow though) she legitimately knows nothing so i ask...

    WTF is a "Pre Order Appointment"?
    am i just better off going to Best Buy?
    Thanked by:
    Oj467 
  2. #2  

    Default

    Maybe this is the "midnight on the 14th launch" described in the post with those who received their droid xs early...
  3. #3  
    Oj467's Avatar

    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm going to have to stop by my VZW store now as the reps there both assured me there were going to be "plenty to go around" and that I didn't need to do anything special short of showing up on the 15th and leaving with 2 new X's.

    Thanks for the heads-up.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    its not, my appointment is for 3pm on the 15th...
  5. #5  

    Default

    Hmm. Interesting...I'll have to call and investigate.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homeylarry View Post
    its not, my appointment is for 3pm on the 15th...
    3pm??? sounds like you might be SOL that late in the day!

    VZW put me on "the list" last week, and they said the best bet is to come first thing in the morning. by being on the list, they said they'd call everyone on the list to let them know how many phones they'l have in store and what time the store will open on the 15th.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillK View Post
    I'm going to have to stop by my VZW store now as the reps there both assured me there were going to be "plenty to go around" and that I didn't need to do anything special short of showing up on the 15th and leaving with 2 new X's.

    Thanks for the heads-up.
    I went into a verizon store last week who put my name on a list, which I was the first person on this list. he said not to worry there will be plenty of droid x's to go around it wont be the incredible, different company makes it no problem with parts
  8. #8  
    jdk2's Avatar

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmax1964 View Post
    I went into a verizon store last week who put my name on a list, which I was the first person on this list. he said not to worry there will be plenty of droid x's to go around it wont be the incredible, different company makes it no problem with parts
    I've highlighted the most troubling part of your post
  9. #9  

    Default

    I talked to one of the reps at my local BB and he also reassured me that there would be plenty to go around. He told me they do this so that there isn't MASS CHAOS once the doors open at 10am.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    i thought i was SOL BUT there are only 10 people ahead of me on the list. i'm seriously considering just going to Best Buy since they seem to know whats going on
  11. #11  

    Default

    My VSW store did not know anything about any list. They just said they will open 1 hour early on 7/15 and it's first come first served. I will probably just call in my order early AM and wait for the next-day delivery.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    my guess is that its up to the manager of the store how to handle it
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangiovese View Post
    My VSW store did not know anything about any list. They just said they will open 1 hour early on 7/15 and it's first come first served. I will probably just call in my order early AM and wait for the next-day delivery.
    This thread is really in reference to purchasing the Droid X through Best Buy with a preorder. Not purchasing through Big Red
  14. #14  
    Itlan#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

    Default

    From reading all the various takes and my own experience it seems like its up to each store. Verizon as a company isn't pushing any specific process. If your store VZ wants to maintain a list and hold one for you, if their list is just to notify you how many they are getting, if their list is to hold one and setup an appt for you to come get it, if they have a list, appt and midnight launch, really just seems like each store is up to do what they think is best. I'm sure some, probably most, wont do anything and just open the door.

    I guess all you can do is call and ask, what their doing and what you can do to ensure you get one and plan accordingly. Doesn't seem to be any corporate process being rolled out.

    "This thread is really in reference to purchasing the Droid X through Best Buy with a preorder."

    Re-read post #1 he specifically says I walked into a Verizon store, this is about VZ not BB
  15. #15  
    condr67's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default

    From what I understand, Best Buy was the only store taking deposits. Verizon was not taking preorders for the phone because of the nonsense that happened with the Incredible. Basically you give Best Buy 50.00, they issue you a gift card for that amount that you can apply towards the balance of your phone. I filled out a form holding one phone when they come in. No preorder but I will (hopefully) have a phone waiting for me on the 15th. They said they will call me to set up an appointment to pick up my phone.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rskap67 View Post
    They said they will call me to set up an appointment to pick up my phone.
    this is what i think Verizon is doing, i've investigated further and it appears they were told to act like its kind of a mysterious launch day (at least in that store) the appointment system is in place because the managers/CSRs got together and said they don't want to put up with the huge rush so they can hopefully spread it out over the day. it also makes it so i dont have to get there early and miss work
  17. #17  
    mnor's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default

    Went to my local VZW store (small...located in a miniMall). Asked about getting a DX on release date. The CSR told me all I had to do is leave a $100 deposit to hold one for me. Was told they would call me when it arrived.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minorron View Post
    Went to my local VZW store (small...located in a miniMall). Asked about getting a DX on release date. The CSR told me all I had to do is leave a $100 deposit to hold one for me. Was told they would call me when it arrived.
    interesting.....that's the first i've heard a store doing this. i wonder if more will fall in line with this.
  19. #19  
    Oj467's Avatar

    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

    Default

    Just talked the guy at my VZW store for the third time since last week about the X release.

    He again said there would be no problem getting 2 X's on release day and that in fact - he'd set 2 aside for me - and to just come in and get them on the 15th. He took my name and said he'd be sure 2 X's and 2 Convoys (for my dad and mother in law) would be waiting.

    I'll report back my elation (or frustration) on the 15th.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillK View Post
    Just talked the guy at my VZW store for the third time since last week about the X release.

    He again said there would be no problem getting 2 X's on release day and that in fact - he'd set 2 aside for me - and to just come in and get them on the 15th. He took my name and said he'd be sure 2 X's and 2 Convoys (for my dad and mother in law) would be waiting.

    I'll report back my elation (or frustration) on the 15th.
    Same for me...I'm 1st and 2nd on the list at BB here, but I went to Verizon as well and they are supposed to "set two aside" for me on the 15th. We shall see....
  21. #21  
    ceriem's Avatar

    Posts
    453 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minorron View Post
    Went to my local VZW store (small...located in a miniMall). Asked about getting a DX on release date. The CSR told me all I had to do is leave a $100 deposit to hold one for me. Was told they would call me when it arrived.
    Sounds like you may not be seeing that $100 again. Lol, jk that's really cool actually. I'm going early next week to see if a tore can do something like that for me/
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^
  22. #22  
    diableri's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

    Default

    I went in about a month ago looking around at good web browser phone options as I've been on a berry for a while. I explained that my main concern was a nice portable browser and that I would likely never use it as an actual phone since my BB is mandatory for work.

    She showed me the incredible but warned me that they were very hard to get hold of and might be several weeks of a wait. Then she looked like she thought of something and said, "you need to put this off a month; can you wait?". I said sure and last week she called and said, "Can you come see me on the 15th and if so, what time?" and again, I said sure. She said she would have the perfect phone for me and that she was sure I'd be happy with it. Said it was called the Droid X and that I should look it up.

    That's generally why I don't order online. For all the bad rap VZW gets, that's the kind of service I've had for years and years. She could have just taken my money for an incredible and been done with me in 15 minutes but she both knew about the phone coming out AND knew it would fit me better (I was hoping for a larger screen than the Incredible) so she followed up and will get my sale. She'll also get my BB upgrade in about six months when I look for a BB OS 6 device.

    Just thought I'd share my DX Appointment story.
  23. #23  

    Default

    I was told I could come in and place an order with them and it would arrive on the 16th for sure.
  24. #24  

    Default

    I spoke to a BB moblie rep on the phone earlier this week and she told me then that BB would be calling with appointment times this week. I hadn't gotten a call and was in the store today and thought I'd stop by and ask about it. She told me that they hadn't made any calls and that the phones wouldn't be in until the 15th and that was when they would start making calls. Just thought I'd share what I was told... Anyone gotten a apt. time confirmation call from BB?
  25. #25  
    doctorlove316's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,214 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShanMan View Post
    I spoke to a BB moblie rep on the phone earlier this week and she told me then that BB would be calling with appointment times this week. I hadn't gotten a call and was in the store today and thought I'd stop by and ask about it. She told me that they hadn't made any calls and that the phones wouldn't be in until the 15th and that was when they would start making calls. Just thought I'd share what I was told... Anyone gotten a apt. time confirmation call from BB?
    Just a heads up, I saw on BB's forums that someone had a similar question and one of the employees and one of the mods both responded with the same answer. That is that the stores typically start calling when they receive confirmation of how much inventory they'll be getting which is usually a day or two before launch.

    I had this same question too.

    So glad I was the #1 pre-order at my local BB.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B