Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Default Buy 1 get 1 free?

I know that the Droid1 had a buy 1 get one of equal or lesser value free(so another Droid or an Eris), does anyone know if Verizon will do this with the X? Because they are still doing it with the Droid1.
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MolecularGraph View Post
    I know that the Droid1 had a buy 1 get one of equal or lesser value free(so another Droid or an Eris), does anyone know if Verizon will do this with the X? Because they are still doing it with the Droid1.
    nope, probably not. When the Inc came out they allowed you to buy a droid then get the inc but not the other way around. However with this phone I doubt they will keep the bogo promo
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Well that sucks, I'll have to ask a verizon rep just to be safe.
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MolecularGraph View Post
    Well that sucks, I'll have to ask a verizon rep just to be safe.
    I'm sure if you waited a month and a half they would? or maybe around christmas time.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Swapping them all out

My cousin IMPULSE362 are not waiting that long, we want our X's now.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yatogo View Post
    I'm sure if you waited a month and a half they would? or maybe around christmas time.
    are you kidding me? wait a month and a half?! im having a hard time with waiting a week!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Quote Originally Posted by IMPULSE362 View Post
    are you kidding me? wait a month and a half?! im having a hard time with waiting a week!!!
    Agreed!

There were stories of people getting Incredibles on the B1G1 offer. But they were few and far between. But I do not think it was to be allowed some just got lucky.

Yeah most of the time they do not do it when the phone is first released! It is a sales thing they use after the phone has been out for a bit!
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

please...not a chance.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

It seems only to be when they want to deplete inventory of a certain phone. It seems the best way to know a newer and better model of something is coming out is when they do buy 1 get 1 free promos.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

I don't see this promotion running for the Droid X so soon, especially right at launch. I could see this definitely happening down the road (as someone suggested, maybe Christmas).

ROM
    Stock

They usually only do this for over stocked phones. Though the Droid still sells well, it is a phone Verizon obviously has tons of and is willing to push them out so it can take your money in the form of higher data charges per month. It did the same with the Palm Pre because it had less than stellar Verizon sales. If the X sells very well through the holiday season, there will be no need to offer it BOGO. If it goes BOGO before November, you'll know the phone is overstocked.

This is the same reason why the Inc will never go on sale lol. Supply and demand, folks.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by IMPULSE362 View Post
    Where do you live where xmas is in september??? lol

Droid X BOBO, Not likely Like the Incredible. If the Droid1 is still bogo the Inc and X aren't gonna be part of that offer becuz the D1'sprice drop to $150.

The Main reason y they do bogo's is BECAUSE it sells and not just overstocked. they make way more money of Data than they do the phones.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz97 View Post
    Droid X BOBO, Not likely Like the Incredible. If the Droid1 is still bogo the Inc and X aren't gonna be part of that offer becuz the D1'sprice drop to $150.

The Main reason y they do bogo's is BECAUSE it sells and not just overstocked. they make way more money of Data than they do the phones.
    Excellent point I hadn't thought of...you more than pay for the phone with that $29.99 a month.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

I've asked 2 reps about that now. One said she couldn't tell me if that would happen or not. The way she said almost led me to believe its possible. Another one said she didn't know and asked her manager who said no it will be 199 after rebate.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Thanks for all your answers