will 2.2 allow the droid x to run stock android?

kretz7

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to know what 2.2 will do to the UI. I don't really like the way it looks compared to sense or stock 2.2 (as seen on the N1). What are the chances that it will give it the opportunity to turn "blur" off? I am currently using a droidinc and the UI of the X is the only thing holding me back.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Its pretty much stock as is! They have some special widgets u can use if u want, and a special launcher. If u don't like the launcher get a replacement from the market.....

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It does not have blur!!! It has some features from blur but does not have blur!!! A lot of places are still saying blur but a rep from the annoucement(motorola or Verizon) said it does not have blur of any kind!!!

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to know what 2.2 will do to the UI. I don't really like the way it looks compared to sense or stock 2.2 (as seen on the N1). What are the chances that it will give it the opportunity to turn "blur" off? I am currently using a droidinc and the UI of the X is the only thing holding me back.

Look, heres the thing. When they push froyo out to the Droid X, I'm sure it will still be using the XUI. However also keep in mind that devs are working all the time lol. I say a within a month or two after the Droid X's froyo release we will see a way to get rid of the UI. There's other launchers available that can be used. don't quote me on this but was it ADW launcher? I personally like the current UI but once I get in my hand I will see if I still do.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think we won't see stock Android appearing on many phones until afer Gingerbread is released. If this can solves the UI issue that most manufacturers have with Android, than this could mean faster updates and less fragmentation since everyone will run vanilla Android. This is all in my hopes and dreams of course.

kretz7

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
It does not have blur!!! It has some features from blur but does not have blur!!! A lot of places are still saying blur but a rep from the annoucement(motorola or Verizon) said it does not have blur of any kind!!!

I've watched the same videos you have and I realize it "doesn't have blur" (according to the rep) but it is still blur. It has the same widgets and basic look that blur does. Motorola can say what they want; however, if they don't want people to think it has blur then they shouldn't have made it look like blur.

I just want the option to turn it off. The white launcher is an eye soar.

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just download a launcher from the market like someone else has already mentioned.

I use LaucherPro Beta. After you pick up your X download it from market, bam, stock UI

kretz7

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Also, I went into a Verizon store and a Motorola rep had a couple there to play with. I tried asking her this very question but I knew she wouldn't know the answer when I saw that she had to look at her notes to tell me about its specs. If that's all it takes to be a rep I should already be one. My worries about the size of the phone were diminished, but I can't get past the lack luster UI. That being said I will probably snag it July 15th because I have high hopes for its future.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, I went into a Verizon store and a Motorola rep had a couple there to play with. I tried asking her this very question but I knew she wouldn't know the answer when I saw that she had to look at her notes to tell me about its specs. If that's all it takes to be a rep I should already be one. My worries about the size of the phone were diminished, but I can't get past the lack luster UI. That being said I will probably snag it July 15th because I have high hopes for its future.

How did you find out there would be phones in the store? Just curious if there are any near me with demo phones.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've watched the same videos you have and I realize it "doesn't have blur" (according to the rep) but it is still blur. It has the same widgets and basic look that blur does. Motorola can say what they want; however, if they don't want people to think it has blur then they shouldn't have made it look like blur.

I just want the option to turn it off. The white launcher is an eye soar.

Get launcher pro, or alternative, and don't use moto widgets. It still has all the stock android widgets. Not sure how difficult u are trying to make it????

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
"What are the chances that it will give it the opportunity to turn "blur" off?"

If their not allowing you to turn it off in 2.1 I doubt they let you in 2.2 Motorola in the reviews is awfully proud of the interface so I'd say your chance of an option to go stock by clicking a button is .00001%. Will have to do one of the options mentioned above.

Just my .02

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think we won't see stock Android appearing on many phones until afer Gingerbread is released. If this can solves the UI issue that most manufacturers have with Android, than this could mean faster updates and less fragmentation since everyone will run vanilla Android. This is all in my hopes and dreams of course.

I think you will be seeing stock Android 2.2 on the Droid 2 in August ..

kretz7

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I just don't want to use a home screen replacement. It was by luck. I didn't go in with those expectations, but took the opportunity to test it out! It's a really nice phone.