1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will I be missing out?

I haven't heard too much about the Droid 2, and I'm wondering if that's because they don't want slow sales for the X. I really plan on getting the X, but I'm worried I'll regret it when the 2 comes out. I'm not worried about the physical keyboard, I'm just wondering if the Droid 2 will have some amazing feature I'll feel like I missed out on by getting the X. Somebody help me out?

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

I'm not super familiar with the Droid 2 specs...but I'm pretty sure the X has it beat in every category. I really think the decision between those two come down to a physical keyboard which you said you don't care about.

I honestly don't think the Droid 2 is gonna leave you feeling like you missed out with the awesomeness of the X in your hand.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

Well, the Droid 2 is "supposedly" due out in August, so buy the Droid X and if you hear something amazing about the Droid 2 within the 30 days of buying the X, then you can return it for a Droid 2.

ROM
    Swapping them all out

I agree with nursescott 100%
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate

My father got my Droid X, my stepmother has a Droid 2, and I'm using a rooted Fascinate, swapping out lots of roms.

Quote Originally Posted by borgey401 View Post
    if your having seconds thoughts about getting the Droid X then don't get it. leave it for the big boys and go and get yourself a Droid Eris
    Now that was just mean.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Now that was just mean.
    No, mean would have been telling them to leave the X for the big boys and to go get a Moto Charm.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by borgey401 View Post
    if your having seconds thoughts about getting the Droid X then don't get it. leave it for the big boys and go and get yourself a Droid Eris
    The Eris is gross

It really is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayton View Post
    I haven't heard too much about the Droid 2, and I'm wondering if that's because they don't want slow sales for the X. I really plan on getting the X, but I'm worried I'll regret it when the 2 comes out. I'm not worried about the physical keyboard, I'm just wondering if the Droid 2 will have some amazing feature I'll feel like I missed out on by getting the X. Somebody help me out?
    Droid 2 has a few better things than the X including:
    -keyboard,
    -STOCK Android UI (not ninja, phil, moto-blur. )

Motorola has time to see what might go wrong with X & improve it with D2.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by androidboy View Post
    Droid 2 has a few better things than the X including:
    -keyboard,
    -STOCK Android UI (not ninja, phil, moto-blur. )

Motorola has time to see what might go wrong with X & improve it with D2.
    I'm not sure those can be classified as 'better'. A physical keyboard is a purely subjective pro or con to a phone. I see it as a con, adding size (thickness). Whatever they are calling it...ninjablur/motoblur seems to be a non issue on this phone. Don't setup the widgets to pull/sync info and take them off the screen. Boom...stock android.

I have to stick with the original thought of the X being superior...for me. All that matters is which you prefer since you have to use it.

EDIT: I'm not commenting on the stock vs ninja/motoblur aspect for the rooter/rom'er. It may make a huge difference for them; I just don't see the need to mess with it for myself.