I haven't heard too much about the Droid 2, and I'm wondering if that's because they don't want slow sales for the X. I really plan on getting the X, but I'm worried I'll regret it when the 2 comes out. I'm not worried about the physical keyboard, I'm just wondering if the Droid 2 will have some amazing feature I'll feel like I missed out on by getting the X. Somebody help me out?
    07-08-2010 06:07 PM
    I'm not super familiar with the Droid 2 specs...but I'm pretty sure the X has it beat in every category. I really think the decision between those two come down to a physical keyboard which you said you don't care about.

I honestly don't think the Droid 2 is gonna leave you feeling like you missed out with the awesomeness of the X in your hand.
    07-08-2010 06:31 PM
    Well, the Droid 2 is "supposedly" due out in August, so buy the Droid X and if you hear something amazing about the Droid 2 within the 30 days of buying the X, then you can return it for a Droid 2.
    07-08-2010 06:32 PM
    I agree with nursescott 100%
    07-08-2010 06:33 PM
    if your having seconds thoughts about getting the Droid X then don't get it. leave it for the big boys and go and get yourself a Droid Eris
    Now that was just mean.
    07-08-2010 06:37 PM
    Now that was just mean.
    No, mean would have been telling them to leave the X for the big boys and to go get a Moto Charm.
    07-08-2010 06:40 PM
    if your having seconds thoughts about getting the Droid X then don't get it. leave it for the big boys and go and get yourself a Droid Eris
    The Eris is gross
    07-08-2010 06:55 PM
    It really is lol.
    07-08-2010 06:57 PM
    I haven't heard too much about the Droid 2, and I'm wondering if that's because they don't want slow sales for the X. I really plan on getting the X, but I'm worried I'll regret it when the 2 comes out. I'm not worried about the physical keyboard, I'm just wondering if the Droid 2 will have some amazing feature I'll feel like I missed out on by getting the X. Somebody help me out?
    Droid 2 has a few better things than the X including:
    -keyboard,
    -STOCK Android UI (not ninja, phil, moto-blur. )

Motorola has time to see what might go wrong with X & improve it with D2.
    07-08-2010 08:00 PM
    Droid 2 has a few better things than the X including:
    -keyboard,
    -STOCK Android UI (not ninja, phil, moto-blur. )

Motorola has time to see what might go wrong with X & improve it with D2.
    I'm not sure those can be classified as 'better'. A physical keyboard is a purely subjective pro or con to a phone. I see it as a con, adding size (thickness). Whatever they are calling it...ninjablur/motoblur seems to be a non issue on this phone. Don't setup the widgets to pull/sync info and take them off the screen. Boom...stock android.

I have to stick with the original thought of the X being superior...for me. All that matters is which you prefer since you have to use it.

EDIT: I'm not commenting on the stock vs ninja/motoblur aspect for the rooter/rom'er. It may make a huge difference for them; I just don't see the need to mess with it for myself.
    07-08-2010 08:06 PM
    07-09-2010 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD