Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Best Buy or Verizon Store?

    I made my reservation today at Best Buy (#9 & #10).

    But I wanted to know besides not having to do the mail in rebate what is the difference between buying at Best Buy vs. Verizon.
  2. #2  

    Default

    They probably will not be able to authorize the NE2 discount. To me that's a big deal, since the value of mine is $100.
  3. #3  
    salanester's Avatar

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

    Default

    I have taken back two phones to BB with no restocking fee; I took one back to Verizon and was hit with $30 or $35. For me avoiding the mail in rebate is a biggie. Well, I guess the biggest difference is I was able to pre-order at BB.

    As The Mad Mule said the NE2 discount thing would be big if it applies to you.
    **************************
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators
  4. #4  

    Default

    I want to go to best buy (since i have a family member thats a manager and you can preorder) but i cant bring my self to do business outside of the Verizon store. i guess im just scared ill get screwed over or something.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadilac5070 View Post
    I want to go to best buy (since i have a family member thats a manager and you can preorder) but i cant bring my self to do business outside of the Verizon store. i guess im just scared ill get screwed over or something.

    For what ever reason I have the ****tiest luck with phones breaking. (usually not my fault) and Verizon is always quick to replace them... unless your incredible breaks and it takes a month to get it.. but anyway.

    BB wouldn't let me upgrade to the X on another line on the same plan and switch it to my line.. As Verizon has let me do before. So I called Verizon to see if there was some new rule or something and they said no that no problem.. But I should just get it from Verizon because if I get it at BB and I have problems I need to go threw them.. that's good enough reason for me to get it from Verizon.
  6. #6  
    NegativeCreep's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

    Default

    I feel like I need a shower every time I walk into a BB. I'll be sticking to a kiosk in the hopes that few people realize it is there. We'll see in a week if my nefarious plan comes to fruition.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Def verizon. Ive had better luck with them because I have the contract with them.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Verizon if you have any kind of screwy contract question. The people at BB deal with 4 different carriers so they don't know a whole lot beyond what the computer screen says
  9. #9  
    Tifoso's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts

    Default

    @ Midnight through VZW online sales. No MIR, easy transaction, FREE next day shipping and no ****** bag f'ing with it.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    @ Midnight through VZW online sales. No MIR, easy transaction, FREE next day shipping and no ****** bag f'ing with it.
    I agree.....I've gotten all my 15 or 20 phones I've had through Verizon either online, or over the phone through CS.......Never had any problems, and they are happy to replace if there are problems. Only drawback is u have to wait till the 16th to get your X.....
  11. #11  
    alan7467's Avatar

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    no ****** bag f'ing with it.
    This is an excellent point. I've purchased multiple phones from Best Buy. I couple of times the guy was spinning my new phone around in his hand and occasionally setting it down on the counter with a thud. Pretty aggravating.
  12. #12  
    ceriem's Avatar

    Posts
    453 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 03cbr954rr View Post
    I agree.....I've gotten all my 15 or 20 phones I've had through Verizon either online, or over the phone through CS.......Never had any problems, and they are happy to replace if there are problems. Only drawback is u have to wait till the 16th to get your X.....
    How late us CS open until? You think I can call at midnight and order a phone? I'd most likely call and go on the site at the same time and see which ends up being quicker. (I would expect some lag on the site right at midnight)
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTvert90 View Post
    For what ever reason I have the ****tiest luck with phones breaking. (usually not my fault) and Verizon is always quick to replace them... unless your incredible breaks and it takes a month to get it.. but anyway.

    BB wouldn't let me upgrade to the X on another line on the same plan and switch it to my line.. As Verizon has let me do before. So I called Verizon to see if there was some new rule or something and they said no that no problem.. But I should just get it from Verizon because if I get it at BB and I have problems I need to go threw them.. that's good enough reason for me to get it from Verizon.
    The last point in this point is 100% NOT true. I'm getting the Droid X on another line in my account and switching it over to mine. Best Buy can definitely do this for you no problem. The only reason, as far as I can tell to go Verizon is for the NE2 and if your contract isn't up, but will be in 2010. Verizon has the promotion where you can upgrade early, but Best Buy does not. Also, at this point the Best Buy pre-orders are no longer guaranteed, so even if you did pre-order, you probably wouldn't get one on July 15th.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javroch View Post
    The last point in this point is 100% NOT true. I'm getting the Droid X on another line in my account and switching it over to mine. Best Buy can definitely do this for you no problem. The only reason, as far as I can tell to go Verizon is for the NE2 and if your contract isn't up, but will be in 2010. Verizon has the promotion where you can upgrade early, but Best Buy does not. Also, at this point the Best Buy pre-orders are no longer guaranteed, so even if you did pre-order, you probably wouldn't get one on July 15th.
    See with me... BB was going to let me upgrade early.. But I'd have to keep it on the line that was being upgraded. They may have just been clueless but the guy asked 3 other people.
  15. #15  

    Default

    The Verizon store in my town didn't know off the top of their head what day the DX was coming out (WTF?). The people at BB could actually hold an intelligent conversation about DX.

    That and the Pre-order, it's a no brainer for me.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Interesting, I was told by a Verizon Rep and the guy at Best Buy. The stores are nearly next to each other, so I kept going between the two asking questions haha. Another thing to note, Best Buy offered you both the Verizon insurance package, which they said included loss / theft but not accidental damage, and the Best Buy package, which they said didn't include loss / theft but did include accidental damage. I believe the Best Buy option was 9.99/month as opposed to 8.99/month, but I don't remember which cost which and they may have been the same. I still haven't decided which to get, thoughts?
  17. #17  

    Default

    BB cost 9.99

    As far as accidental damage goes, I guess I will always just lose mine.

Posting Permissions