1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did you cancel your HTC Incredible order to get the Motorola X?

Did you take advantage of Verizon's offer to cancel your HTC Incredible order at no cost to get the Motorola X?
    I posted this question on the Incredible forum but them realized if you switched to the X you are probably hanging out in the X forum now. :-)

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I did exactly that. I had the Incredible on order. The constant pushback of shipping dates for new orders made me question how getting a replacement if necessary would go.

So for that and the fact that the HDMI, video camera and screen are there, made me switch. Plus being able to go and get it in store next week versus constantly waiting for my shipping updates just sealed the deal once I actually played with a Droid X.
    http://alltherighttunes.com
    Operations Manager / Emcee / DJ / Webmaster
    Phone: Droid X

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

I did. A week before I was due to get my Inc lol
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Did they confirm that you would get a Moto X on launch day if you pre-ordered? I wonder if that is still the case now with less than one week to go?

I was supposed to get my incredible the beginning of June. I cancelled my order before they had that offer. And that was no easy task. But eventually was able to cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by goin_nil View Post
    Did they confirm that you would get a Moto X on launch day if you pre-ordered? I wonder if that is still the case now with less than one week to go?
    According to the rep at the store I ordered my Incredible from, people who have paid for and are waiting for Incredible's will get priority on X's. How that works, I don't know (ie - do they have a set amount set aside for Incredible wait listers, etc).

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I am strongly leaning towards exchanging my Incredible for the X. Not disatisfied by the Incredible, just more excited by the X.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    I am strongly leaning towards exchanging my Incredible for the X. Not disatisfied by the Incredible, just more excited by the X.
    I am thinking about the same thing. I actually love my Incredible, but the signal on this phone stinks. I am constantly dropping calls (the first one dropped while talking to tech support about the issue and they had to call me back.) My 3G is constantly dropping off as well. Compared to my wife's original droid she gets about 20 - 30 dBm better and my strength is wildly erratic. If the X gets as good or better signal as hers does then I am going to switch mine out before my 30 days runs out. (Only had mine activated for 3 days so far).

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sele View Post
    I am thinking about the same thing. I actually love my Incredible, but the signal on this phone stinks. I am constantly dropping calls (the first one dropped while talking to tech support about the issue and they had to call me back.) My 3G is constantly dropping off as well. Compared to my wife's original droid she gets about 20 - 30 dBm better and my strength is wildly erratic. If the X gets as good or better signal as hers does then I am going to switch mine out before my 30 days runs out. (Only had mine activated for 3 days so far).
    Sounds like a problem with your individual phone, not every Incredible.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I've had my DInc for about a month now. It's a great phone, but I'm stupid when it comes to having the latest and greatest, soooooo...my DInc is now on eBay

My thirty days ends on the 15th Already preordered an X at best buy.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default Re: Did you cancel your HTC Incredible order to get the Motorola X?

Quote Originally Posted by ceriem View Post
    Sounds like a problem with your individual phone, not every Incredible.
    I completely agree that it is probably this phone but I can't wait another 30 days for another phone since I just left ATT.

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goin_nil View Post
    no. there are no vzw pre-orders.

i was adamant about 'changing' my inc order to an x, talked to a supervisor...all that.

the only course of action they could offer was a cancellation, followed by a new order placed once the x was released. so i canceled and pre-ordered at BB.

I canceled my dinc order with a VZW csr and asked that he order a X instead, he said no problem that they have a protocol established for people that wanted to cancel the dinc. I also got a confirmation of my cancellation which was nice to see.
    Droid Incredible: Canceled
    X Ordered: 7/6
    Promised: 7/16
    Delivered: 7/16

Set up multiple Gmail accounts on your Droid X

I am trying to, but it has been a bit frustrating.

Some had just put names on a list, some bought Incredible and are waiting for delivery - I am in this boat.

I went int Verizon and asked to return the Incredible because I wanted to buy the Droid X. I was first told by the manager that I would need to wait until I received it, then bring it back and return it. Since I had already talked with Verizon, I knew if I returned it prior to receiving it, I would not be charged the $35 restocking fee Verizon now adds to everything, but if I had the physical phone I would be charged.

So then the store manager took some information, said he needed to request special paperwork, and get approvals from some district manager. He told me it would take 2-3 days.

Now I'm getting the " I can't get a response from my district manager" crap. Last told I should just bring the phone in when I get it and we can return it.

It will be a bad day for him if when I go in next week to return the incredible and he even mentions a restocking fee.

I can't believe we are less than a week away. I am so excited.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Default I gave in...got the Moto-X

Well, I gave in and got the Moto-X. Kind of ironic since I was hoping others would do the same so I could get my Incredible sooner.

I'm looking forward to reading the posts here to start learning about my Moto-X.

See you around.

I wonder how many people are sorry that they went to the Droid X instead of getting the Incredible now that the update basically give the Incredible awesome functionality. I just read about the new update to the Incredible and its going to be a killer. Makes the Incredible better than the X in my opinion. The X is still a beast if a phone, but the Incredible just became more incredible.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

When the Incrediable gets a 4.3 in. screen it will be incrediable. until then sorry. I had the Inc. Got the X now and not lookin back.