How hard would it be to add Sense?
07-12-2010 08:30 PM
1. As said a million+ times before, its not Motoblur.
2. Why would you put Sense on a non HTC phone? Doesn't that strike you as wrong in some way? I'd personally feel like I was cheating on Motorola... but thats just me.
3. The Ninja/Phil/Invisiblur on the X is great, I can't see why someone would feel the need to get rid of it.
4. You can't run custom roms on it due to the whole encrypted bootloader thing, so I'm assuming that you cannot plug sense into it..07-11-2010 01:12 PM
- 07-11-2010 01:41 PM
- MennoCoffee Addict
If it was just a UI/skin you could download it from the market.07-11-2010 02:01 PM
Whenever I flashed a MightyMike or Juicy ROM, with a ported build of Touch Flo, I always went back to the Stock ROM, because I couldn't handle all the bugs that would come up.07-11-2010 02:37 PM
- Yeah, based on your experience then, it's pretty much the same answer that we would give people over at PPC Geeks when they asked if there was a cab for TF3D.
There's a lot of reviews on Launchers in the apps section, but checkout LauncherPro and GDE Home. I like both launchers. None of the launchers will give you the Sense phone dialer though, which in my opinion is top notch.07-11-2010 02:54 PM
- I just put launcher pro on one of x's and it is pretty smooth, like the Sense UI, now to find an HTC like weather/clock program, then I'm set, mostly. The dialer is pretty slick as well, but I'm sure that will be a plug in too. Lol
Im still working a couple Imagio ROMs at the moment, so I will still be contributing to WinMo for a while. These I may publish over a ppcgeeks soon.07-11-2010 05:42 PM
- 07-11-2010 05:50 PM
- Figures. I'll find a way to side load it and avoid the whole mess with that. Gives me an excuse to learn to program for Android. It would be worth it. Thanks for the tips! I've noticed a whole lot more in the "instant gratification arena with Android, whereas with WinMo you have to wait or do it yourself.07-11-2010 06:19 PM
- A little off topic... but as a Droid X user whose partner has the Incredible... and who has seen motoblur on previous devices... the X is nothing like the motoblur of old... and the X has far superior battery life to the incredible (Ive heard rumour that sense has aprt to play in that, dunno how true it is) and honestly there isnt anything about sense that makes me jealous of my partner's phone... the slide to unlock is a little easier on your thumb with sense, and the weather widget integrating and animating on the screen of the incredible is pretty cool... but that alone wouldnt make me want sense... theyre both great phones, both good UI experiences... but I love my integrated swype haha07-11-2010 11:31 PM
- I put Swipe on my Imagio, its not that special to me to be honest. I think its the smoothness of the HTC devices that I prefer over the Moto devices. But Launcher Pro makes up the difference in smoothness.
As far as battery life on the HTC...it sucks. However, the extended battery rocks by all accounts. In the end it comes down to screen size and the HDMI port as the things that will be the deciding factor for me.
No matter what I decide, both are excellent devices!07-12-2010 08:16 PM
- mooscGrand Master MooscYeah, based on your experience then, it's pretty much the same answer that we would give people over at PPC Geeks when they asked if there was a cab for TF3D.
There's a lot of reviews on Launchers in the apps section, but checkout LauncherPro and GDE Home. I like both launchers. None of the launchers will give you the Sense phone dialer though, which in my opinion is top notch.07-12-2010 08:24 PM
- 07-12-2010 08:30 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X
How hard would it be to add Sense?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD