Best Buy Inventory

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about how many X's best buys will be getting? I'm number 10 on the pre-order list and really hope my best buy gets more than that. If not i'll just go stand in line at Verizon at like 6am like one of the iPhone fiends.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I went into BB on Saturday and was told they don't know when they'll be getting them. The manager of the BBM gave his card, though, and said to call so I'll probably do that tomorrow... I'd expect the latest they have them is Thursday.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My local Best Buy said that they only received 10 pre-orders total, which surprised me since I live in NYC and there's a ton of people, obviously. I was just hoping / assuming that 10 would be easy enough for them to cover, I don't know my exact spot in line, but I'm pretty sure I was the first pre-order they received. Hopefully, everyone who wants'll get. I'd think that supplying 10 to each store would be reasonable, at the very least.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

This is kind of worrying. I'm definitely going into my local store this afternoon and seeing what's up. Luckily, I have enough stores near me to hopefully make them more easy to find launch day.

Then again, this is two small stores in Portland, where I am sure there is a decent number of locations to buy from. I expect that larger stores will definitely get more in more populated areas, so I still doubt it'll be a problem. Still a little antsy though lol.

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
100k total initial channel fill for launch day...

BB gets ~60k
VZW gets ~30k
other 3rd party (walmart/costco/small resellers) get ~10k

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
100k total initial channel fill for launch day...

BB gets ~60k
VZW gets ~30k
other 3rd party (walmart/costco/small resellers) get ~10k

Are you sure those BB and VZW numbers aren't reversed? I don't have any info on the numbers, but I would think VZW stores would get a larger proportion.

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
numbers are not reversed, and were related to me by the vzw district sales mgr for my state during a discussion with a BB mgr who was ticked about poor availability in the past of whatever the phone du jour was.

yes, the vzw district rep says BB is getting double the allocation.

i posted this at AF and others 'confirmed' hearing similar rumors. time will tell...

Jenag

Jul 12, 2010
www.jenagblog.com
I hope BB gets at least a decent number. I preordered there when they reopened it (they barely had it for a day the first time for whatever reason) and i got to be #11 on the list. Still going to call and see if they know about stock yet.

opcenter

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to see disturbing (but unsubstantiated so far) rumors that Best Buy will have a "delayed" release...

Delayed Best Buy Launch?

I may have to set my plans that if I don't get a call by the 14th about it from Best Buy (I already pre-ordered) that I will just hit up a (real) VZW store first thing Thursday morning and cancel the pre-order.

Hopefully the "rumor" is really just a rumor and won't be an issue.

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you buy the phone from BB? How do you return it if you have a problem? Do you have to send it directly to Motorola instead of dealing with verizon? Verizon has always been great about replacing phones. I also guess you don't get that $100 mail in rebate and have to pay sales tax if you buy from BB as well, so I'm not sure why anyone would want to.

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If you buy the phone from BB? How do you return it if you have a problem? Do you have to send it directly to Motorola instead of dealing with verizon? Verizon has always been great about replacing phones. I also guess you don't get that $100 mail in rebate and have to pay sales tax if you buy from BB as well, so I'm not sure why anyone would want to.

BB goes ahead and takes off the $100 for you before you even pay them so no MIR and you have to pay sales tax no matter what. to answer the first question you can bring it to VZW.
its not like BB is buying a bunch of phones and reselling them to you, they are just selling you the phones like a VZW store

n8mack33

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So is there any reason then to buy at the Verizon store versus buying at BB? Also, my NE2 and upgrade is on August 5th, should I call ahead or can they hook me up in store with an early upgrade? I don't want to get delayed until August.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I think its all Hype....MOTO is gigantic, and the phone doesn't have an Amoled screen, so I can't see how they would be able to explain a shortage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci