Inventory Query - Verizon Stores Well Stocked?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
i've heard reports that Verizon does not launch phones a midnight for purchase online....you might need to wait a bit longer than midnight....hopefully I'm wrong becuase ive considerered that option as well.

I ordered my Incredible at 9PM PST, so hopefully they do the same with the X.

Sangiovese

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I visited a second local VZW store and got almost the same story as the first one, with one significant difference.

Neither store is taking names on any list and neither store could/would tell me how many they have in stock. The second store told me to get there early because they will probably run out. BUT they also told me anybody who comes on Thursday after they run out will have an X ordered for them with overnight shipping and will receive it on Friday.

I'm still leaning toward the midnight phone order and delivery on Friday.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my Incredible at 9PM PST, so hopefully they do the same with the X.

ah, nice...and your westcoast like me, so that's sweet...when you ordered your incredible...were you able to see a notification of any kind that the order would ship the next day? i'm concerned about inventory as you might surmise. :confused:

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I visited a second local VZW store and got almost the same story as the first one, with one significant difference.

Neither store is taking names on any list and neither store could/would tell me how many they have in stock. The second store told me to get there early because they will probably run out. BUT they also told me anybody who comes on Thursday after they run out will have an X ordered for them with overnight shipping and will receive it on Friday.

I'm still leaning toward the midnight phone order and delivery on Friday.

really? now that is very cool....i hope they all do this as that would be very good customer service! my store said they were getting 40 and i spoke with the manager whom said to get there by 7:00 as they will open an hour early. i must have this phone on thursday, so I'm willing to wait in a line. no big deal!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
just spoke to my vzw store. they said they will have 50 phones, and theyre opening an hour early. i am thinking getting there an hour before open should put me near the front of the line

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
ah, nice...and your westcoast like me, so that's sweet...when you ordered your incredible...were you able to see a notification of any kind that the order would ship the next day? i'm concerned about inventory as you might surmise. :confused:

Yes. Don't worry about it. If you are one of the first to order, there is almost zero chance you won't get it on Friday. I've played this game several times with Verizon and they are awesome about fulfilling orders, in my experience. Also everything ships out of Ontario, California and is next day delivery.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just went to my local store and the rep there was awesome. Said they haven't gotten the shipment in, but I put my name on a list (only 4 or 5 down on it) and she said she would call once the shipment came in to let me know if they could hold one for me or not.

So as long as the store doesn't get shorted, she said she would definitely have one for me and i could pick up any time during the day.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been in touch with my local VZW store over this and here is the emails I received today:
Hi,
We will have them in store thurs. the 15th at 7am so if you want tio come in early I will have one for you...however i do know it will be a hectic and busy day and I dont know how long they will stay in stock. I know we will get a refill a few days after that but if you want one that day id highly recommend coming in early.​
Then a few moments later:
Well I just spoke with my manager and she informed me we might have a smaller thurs. shipment then initally planned so I cant promise I will have one for you but I will try my best if you feel like coming in the morning and trying to grab one. New lines of service are the only ones that can be reserved and since I dont know how many of those we have vs how many were getting in I cant say for sure how many there will be available....however being here super early would def. improve your chances.

I will be there at 0700 when the doors open!

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems like most stores won't be getting their shipment in until Wednesday and few stores know just how many they will get. The one I went to said they wouldn't know for sure until they got the shipment in lol.

Drayton

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon this evening...

I'm going to try to put this into a good perspective for all of you. It's not really news, just some things you might like to know. I live in a medium-large sized town in South Carolina. It's big enough for a verizon store on each side of town and ofcourse the dealers such as bestbuy. Not many people are keen on the latest technology here, atleast not in the phone department, so I figured I'd have no problem showing up at a store at 9 thursday morning and getting a Droid X in my hands. Still, I thought I'd go in Verizon tonight just to ask about how many Droid X's they would have.

My new best friend/Verizon employee responded:

"We've had people asking about those for two months. Let me go ask if we're opening early...." - She walks away and talks to my other favorite Verizon employee, then struts back like she has big news - "Yeah we're opening an hour early. There's definitely going to be a line, so I highly suggest you get an appointment."

Say Whaaa? Where I live? There's going to be a line?

I asked her how in a town like mine, so many people could want the phone, and she explained her theory that the allusiveness of the phone has people wanting it more and more. So I'm not sure if that's bullcrap or not, but I'm still amazed. They did have the Droid X cases in stock, so I went ahead and bought the bodyglove one. (If you guys want i'll post pics later) For the record, the phone is not as large as people make it out to be. I mean it's big, but it's completely pocketable even with a thick bodyglove case on. I've got the 9th appointment on thursday morning, I highly suggest you drive out to your store and get one too. They're much more likely to offer you one if you're actual there instead of calling them.

jckwong

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
NorCal folks: South San Francisco will get 40, although some have been reserved. Sales rep tried to get me to reserve but I have to check in with the boss on this one...

I really don't think the hype is that big for the phone, I'm sure people will go and be unable to pick them up due to low inventory, but I wouldn't be surprised if I strolled in before lunch and walked out with one in hand

Side note - got to play around a lot with it today, second time. It's really really nice, a tad bit big...

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I called my local Verizon store and asked about a pre-order. I was told I needed to come into the store, so I went there. When I arrived I was told that they were not taking pre-orders, and that I had been given bad info by the rep. Needless to say I was a bit frustrated. However, the rep I talked to was very friendly and offered to hold a X for me as long as I can be at the store when they open. I can't wait.....