Droid X and iPad - Match Made in Heaven

jrmuller

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Gotta say the Hotpot in the Droid X, and my iPad is a killer combo the websurfing is just killer on the iPad using verizon, always has been. Now I don't have to lug a MiFi card around.. just fire up the Hotspot app on the Droid X, connect up the iPad and I'm connected wherever I'm at, the best of both worlds.. Android, and Apple.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
They might even unite to hunt you down... like "Hey hes using both?!?"
"I dont like you, and you dont like me, but thats just wrong!"
"Lets get him!"

jrmuller

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
All of you are right.. As an IT guy I can jump both sides of the fence.. "OH yea love the Android"... someone get's upset.. "Oh yea love the iPad".. Should run for political IT office.. Seriously the best phone (iphone 4g sucks) with the best tablet device (sorry androids maybe the release of the Google Tablet will prove me wrong). One thing I do know is that AT&T will never be part of my life..

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't need an android device to do that, it'll just burst into flames anyways being the devil and all..

Well every apple device has a remote detonator that Steve Jobs can activate at any time, so tethering to a Verizon device is a little dangerous.

He can also use this remote feature to turn iPhones into mind control devices using the AT&T network, just like that Doctor Who episode with the Cybermen if anyone catches my reference...

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well every apple device has a remote detonator that Steve Jobs can activate at any time, so tethering to a Verizon device is a little dangerous.

He can also use this remote feature to turn iPhones into mind control devices using the AT&T network, just like that Doctor Who episode with the Cybermen if anyone catches my reference...

I agree 100%, apple devices are like doomsday weapons!

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
to the OP, that's good to know....now if only Verizon would drop the $20.00 price tag for the Mobile Hotspot, and that would be a match made in heaven, eh!

Kylefaux

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This is my plan also. I am going to be doing a lot of traveling within the next year and I think an iPad will be more convenient than my 15" laptop. Verizon's coverage is great and the $20/mo is affordable. I think it's a great combo.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This is my plan also. I am going to be doing a lot of traveling within the next year and I think an iPad will be more convenient than my 15" laptop. Verizon's coverage is great and the $20/mo is affordable. I think it's a great combo.

I just can't wait for a good android tablet to come out, that'll be epic, tether that to my X, hells ya!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

it's what i'm doing right now (tethered to my inc for now) and it's an excellent travel companion. unless you're writing extensive papers on it, the ipad really does do pretty much all i need from a very portable laptop. the great battery life really makes it nice to travel with. coupled with verizon's excellent network coverage, i saw no reason to pay more for the 3G ipad.

for my video watching, web surfing, email answering, and gaming use, it's the best product currently out there. While a chome/android based tablet might do the first 3 things better whenever it comes out, i don't see it beating the ipad in the latter section, there's just more [quality] games in the app store.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from a 10 day trip to the east coast and we took my rooted Incredible and my wife's ipad. It was great, the kids were able to watch the Wiggles on Netflix, streaming to our car playing through the bluetooth audio while my Incredible took became a gree wifi hotspot. I did have t knock someone off the network though on I 90 who must have been driving close enough to us to hop on. The ipad is great for some things such a a multimedia station and web surfing device, but android blows IOS out of the water for mobile phone platform and actually being able to accomplish things. Using google maps in boston was excellent for both walking places and taking the subway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro