New Update

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone who has the phone comment on what (if any) changes have come with the recent OTA update? Any chance the slight slow downs in the OS that have been reported were fixed?

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am sure they are just tightening up little things...

Has anyone confirmed whether or not the Blockbuster App is working now?

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've heard rumors its related to the camera software

That would be nice...Although the camera is pretty good for a cell phone camera. I do alot of blogging so I am hoping I can replace my Cybershot with my Droid X for most photos I post.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
well I have seen some of the pics is has taken and it doenst seem quite up to par with other phones with a 8mp camera. I hope they corrected the issue. That would be sweet....

It took me a LONG time to get used to taking pictures with my BB Storm...but once I understood how it works and how the button has 2 stages, I was taking much better pictures. I think the same is with the X....Just have to understand how the software and hardware interacts in order to get the best out of the functionality. That is not to say there are not software tweaks that can help this.

Rxracer

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It took me a LONG time to get used to taking pictures with my BB Storm...but once I understood how it works and how the button has 2 stages, I was taking much better pictures. I think the same is with the X....Just have to understand how the software and hardware interacts in order to get the best out of the functionality. That is not to say there are not software tweaks that can help this.

I used to have an old sony ericsson and it had the two stage button too. At the time it had a great camera 2mp, the only down fall was a little shake and it was blurry.
In most of the photos from the DX that i have seen they seem rather over exposed wich im sure could be taken care of with a update. I saw a comparison between the iPhone 4 and the DX and the iPhone 4's pircture did look much better, so we'll see I guess..

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If it was camera maybe Phil could check it out? :p hehe

In any event at least they are fixing things before they launch (*cough* apple...)

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think both the iPhone 4 and Droid X cameras have their shortcomings. The DroidX has less detail, however the iPhone4's camera seems overexposed. Oftentimes the bright areas in iPhone photos are blown out and undefined.

I think both phone cameras work fine for the intended purposes, and the iPhone gives you marginally better photos. Neither are P&S equivalents but could be used as a replacement. There is a difference between "equal to/greater performance" and "good enough"

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that it still would work, can't see there being an update to disable or take down an app, but you never know :)

As of the last postings concerning this app, it was not functional. Are you saying that is works now?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12