Fingerprint Unlock App.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Just spitballin here...but I use the pattern to unlock my phone and was just thinkin about how awesome it would be if a dev came up with a sort of a fingerprint scanner to unlock your phone. Anyone else agree?

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The touchscreen on the phone is not nearly sensitive enough to do fingerprint detection. Neat idea though, I do think some cell phones have dedicated fingerprint readers in them.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Iris Scan Login

The 3MP camera is able to get a good clear picture with a minimum distance of 2 inches away. The shutter better be fast so there is no blurry mess. Having to take a picture of my eye over, and over and over again is not going to fly. Couple that with the right lighting and subtle shifting – that is a lesson in frustration. I am not sure this is going to work.

From PC World:
“Biowallet uses biometric iris-scan authentication to lock down your G1. Put the phone’s camera to your eye and wait, and the software scans your eye to verify that it’s you. The security software also allows you to send remote commands to your phone in the event that it is stolen.”

So kind of an app you are talking about :)

6 Best G1 Google Android Apps – [Opinion]

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
haha very cool....but I can't help but thinking I would look like a total dumba$s every single time I wanted to use my phone I was looking like Tom Cruise off of Mission Impossible hoisting it to my face.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Fingerprint login always seems kinda laggy except in dedicated applications. I think pattern unlock is probably faster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance