Does Best Buy honor and/or match Verizon's New Every 2

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have heard mixed things about BB and Big Red's NE2 upgrade. The VZW CSR I talked to said I should not have a problem upgrading with my NE2 at BB, but I have seen information contradicting this on the BB website forums. Some said they do not honor it and some said they will price match if you print out the pricing from the VZW website after your NE2.

I am one of the lucky ones with a $100 NE2 credit which I am eligible for right now. I pre-ordered at BB (number 1 on the list) but do not want to get it from BB if it means not getting the $100 instant rebate plus my NE2 $100 rebate.

Any concrete clarification I can got on this would be great! I called BB but after 13 minutes on hold I hung up.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
In the past, BB's have honored my NE2, though with research done on my intent to purchase the Droid X, it seems some BB's are honoring it and others are not. If all else fails have a CSR contact the manager of your local BB Mobile and have them explain your account, I had to do that with my last purchase (Storm 1).

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking as a backup I will go on the verizon website Thursday morning and order the droid x and get to the last step and not hit submit and print that out to bring with me as a price match in case they do not want to honor my NE2. with my luck though the website will be down or freeze on me.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I just called the local BB I pre-ordered from (Everett, MA right literally 5 minutes from Boston) instead of 1800 Best Buy which I did and waited 13 minutes on hold then hug up. I should have just called them to begin with. The person I spoke to was not sure about the NE2 price match so he put me on hold to talk to his manager. He got back to me asked for my cell number and the last four of my social and said YES they would indeed give me the NE2 rebate and the mail in rebate.

GTI4ever

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Same experience in LA - called my local Best Buy and after a few minutes on hold they said they would honor my NE2. The bad part came when I asked about preorders, and of course they weren't taking any AND they would sell out all their stock with preorders so I was SOL.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Same experience in LA - called my local Best Buy and after a few minutes on hold they said they would honor my NE2. The bad part came when I asked about preorders, and of course they weren't taking any AND they would sell out all their stock with preorders so I was SOL.

Which one in LA? I'm on a pre-order list but I also have a $100 ne2. Seems kind of silly to waste it on best buy.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I emailed support listed on the Best Buy website yesterday with the question - will Best Buy honor Verizon Wirelesses? New Every 2 program and just got the following reply email: So YES they will honor the NE2 Verizon program.

Re: General Questions (KMM13124665V34729L0KM)
Best Buy Consumer Relations <cr@bestbuy.com> to sdellorfano@gmail.com
3:12pm

Hello Stacy,

Thank you for contacting us. Best Buy will honor any upgrades you are eligible for through Verizon. You are welcome to speak with one of our Best Buy Mobile reps at your local Best Buy store. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Kelli
- Hide quoted text -
Best Buy Consumer Relations

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I emailed support listed on the Best Buy website yesterday with the question - will Best Buy honor Verizon Wirelesses? New Every 2 program and just got the following reply email: So YES they will honor the NE2 Verizon program.

Re: General Questions (KMM13124665V34729L0KM)
Best Buy Consumer Relations <cr@bestbuy.com> to sdellorfano@gmail.com
3:12pm

Hello Stacy,

Thank you for contacting us. Best Buy will honor any upgrades you are eligible for through Verizon. You are welcome to speak with one of our Best Buy Mobile reps at your local Best Buy store. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Kelli
- Hide quoted text -
Best Buy Consumer Relations

I'm not sure if this necessarily speaks to getting the extra $100 off, just that you can upgrade your phone. I truly hope it does though.

G

GenericMessage

I answered this in a different thread, but yes.

BBY ONLY honors 2 year upgrade pricing.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I just called the local BB I pre-ordered from (Everett, MA right literally 5 minutes from Boston) instead of 1800 Best Buy which I did and waited 13 minutes on hold then hug up. I should have just called them to begin with. The person I spoke to was not sure about the NE2 price match so he put me on hold to talk to his manager. He got back to me asked for my cell number and the last four of my social and said YES they would indeed give me the NE2 rebate and the mail in rebate.

As stated in this post, my local BB looked up my account using my cell number and the last four of my social and said they would honor both the NE2 and the mail in rebate a total of $200 in savings as I am eligible for both, the 2 year contract is a given.

I contacted BB corporate via the website to confirm yesterday - in my question I asked "does Best Buy honor the verizon new every 2 program" and posted their reply back to me.

I hope the two of these serve as proof at least in my case that if you are eligible for a new contract and qualify for the NE2 that BB will indeed honor the Verizon price to upgrade. Hope this helps. :)

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38