Are you buying the HDMI Multimedia Desktop Charger?

Are you buying the HDMI Multimedia Desktop Charger?

• Total voters

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if you guys have noticed or not, but the dock is now posted on Verizon's website for $49.99

There's no way to purchase it, as of yet, nor can I get a picture to load.

I am curious if anyone wants this thing bad enough to pay that kind of money.

Vote!

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe all the official accessories are posted on VZW's website, without the ability to actually order any of them.

Personally, I can't justify spending that much for a dock...even with my 25% discount. Especially considering it doesn't it include a HDMI cable. I purchased the desktop cradle for my Storm 1 the day it was release, and used it for all of a week.

Draegan

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this the only cradle for a desktop? I was thinking of getting one for the bedside. Don't need it though if it's $50.00. A bitch much for a piece of plastic that holds up the phone and doesn't even include an hdmi cable.

homeylarry

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this the only cradle for a desktop? I was thinking of getting one for the bedside. Don't need it though if it's $50.00. A bitch much for a piece of plastic that holds up the phone and doesn't even include an hdmi cable.

consider editing :)

anyway i cant see the point in having this when you can buy all the cables you need for about $15 from amazon

typo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I might if it will work with the phone being covered by a rubber case.. and same goes for the car docking station. If not i might wait for sedio to release something that will work with a case.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i dont have a problem removing my case everynight for my BB, but that leather case with kickstand does look interesting.....i think i'll pass on that though as it looks like it adds to much bulk.....i'm leaning towards the seidio active case coming for the x, and then using the moto doc. plus i get 25% discount on accessories, so it's not that painful.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'll probably go with the case/kickstand option also, but I don't want to keep it in the case, which is why I wish it just had one built in like the EVO does.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely be getting the Charging Station. Yes, it's overpriced, and I plan to use it on a nightstand, so I won't be using the HDMI through it, but I want it, mainly based on a video that showed how nicely it performs.

I just had a nice session at the local Verizon store, where they brought out a bucket of accessories (but no Droid X), and they recommended the $25 slip case/holster combination to accommodate easy removal for insertion into the Charging Station, and that's what I plan to use. It has a nice, tactile surface, but doesn't hang up on everything like a silicone cover.

They also told me that the $50 discount, to $99 on the 32gb card won't be available, except on the online store, but they will give 25% off for the purchase of 3 accessories.

I tried to cajole them into selling them to me now, but no go on that, so I'll have to take my chances on Thursday.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I am going to wait for Seidio to release their dock for it as it will fit the X with an Innocase on it.

i had a Sedio dock charger for my BB, and it was replaced 3 times....it never worked properly. so, I'm not sold on their docks. their cases are a different story though imo.

Last edited:

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I like the Seidio docks, myself. I'd buy a Seidio multimedia dock if it worked with their cases (which their Blackberry models do) and if it had a full-sized HDMI out instead of a micro out. As was mentioned earlier, the purpose would be a beside dock so I don't need to bother with connecting both power and HDMI.

I was thinking a regular dock for my PC would be sufficient, but now that I think of it I've got an HDMI input on my desktop...

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I bought the car mount, desktop cradle, and hdmi cable from my corp store and it was only 90 bux total. They only charged me 36.99 for the desktop cradle..........Very nice quality!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm gonna get it because i like docks. but i get a discount so i won't be paying $50, probably more along the lines of $25 - $30, which is a reasonable price to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane