Get your Gmail account ready

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Headsup for those who may not know. I was asking tonite what I needed to do to help expedite things Thursday and the saleslady said to have my Gmail ready, which I already have.
She said they have to put it in the device so we can access the apps.
She said people come in there, and want soandso@gmail.com and it isn't available and it just holds the line up.
I HOPE I don't get behind 1 of those.;)

Anyway, she said it'll make it a WHOLE lot quicker for everyone if you have your gmail/password ready.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Headsup for those who may not know. I was asking tonite what I needed to do to help expedite things Thursday and the saleslady said to have my Gmail ready, which I already have.
She said they have to put it in the device so we can access the apps.
She said people come in there, and want soandso@gmail.com and it isn't available and it just holds the line up.
I HOPE I don't get behind 1 of those.;)

Anyway, she said it'll make it a WHOLE lot quicker for everyone if you have your gmail/password ready.

Lol, this is why all the email that currently forwards to my BlackBerry has been forwarding to my GMail for about a year already. I knew it's come in handy one day.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Weird my brother used the device and activated it for 24 hrs before he setup a gmail acct (seriously) :)

You don't need to set one up. Some stores want you to have one when you buy it so they can show you ho to download apps and stuff. It's mostly for noobs, so I wouldn't worry. But for the full Android experience, I would recommend just drinking the Kool Aid and going Google.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Lol, this is why all the email that currently forwards to my BlackBerry has been forwarding to my GMail for about a year already. I knew it's come in handy one day.

LOL, I did the same exact thing. As soon as I realized that I was fed up with BlackBerry, I set up a GMail account because I KNEW that it was only a matter of time before I went to Android. That's when I started my countdown to NE2, and it's here now!!!

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Google and Gmail are quick/easy. why not use em anyway?
Some folks just want to be fashionably different.

Closet Googlers.
:cool:

localbiz#AC

Jul 11, 2010
www.localbizbits.com
Got a dumb question, just to clarify, I currently have a Google account where my contacts, calendar etc are but am not using Gmail with that account. (Currently using a Blackberry Storm) Do I need to have an active gmail account?

Thanks

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I'm going to activate at the store. I want to pick it up and activate it when I get to my office... Reduce the amount of time a rep has to do stuff to it. At my local store the reps always seem to forget how to take the battery covers off and stuff and end up physically forcing stuff more than I'd like.

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Google and Gmail are quick/easy. why not use em anyway?
Some folks just want to be fashionably different.

Closet Googlers.
:cool:

I use Google for about everything it offers, except Gmail. I do have 2 Gmail accounts but forward all mail from both to Hotmail. Gmail's interface is "fashionably different" I believe, just to be "fashionably different". Seems all other email clients have certain, universal features except Gmail:

1. The ability to "Sort by" (no not "Search", but rather just click column headings to Sort by Sender, Date Received, etc.
  2. Not this "Older ? Oldest ?" business (rather they use "Page 1, 2, 3" links)
  3. "Labels"...as opposed to just folders.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I'm going to activate at the store. I want to pick it up and activate it when I get to my office... Reduce the amount of time a rep has to do stuff to it. At my local store the reps always seem to forget how to take the battery covers off and stuff and end up physically forcing stuff more than I'd like.

I'm curious if taking it with you w/o activating is even an option when you purchase at store. Since it's launch day, they may insist on activating it for you to make sure its at least up and running before you walk out the store. But, hey, I'm with you, i'd much rather do this on my own. No need for a rep to assist.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Ditto for me. Doing my own unboxing and putting everything together myself is like a ritual to me. I will not let them do it period.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I just got all my email set up to goto one account, so AOL, and a couple Gmail's setup to goto 1 account automatically... I excluded my spam mail account lol!

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I feel like its a bit of a load of crap that you need an gmail to access the App market, if that is indeed whats going on there, it should just be open.

**EDIT** That was not a reference to Android being an "open" OS, but it sounded cool :D

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Among my reasons I will be in a rush to pick up my Droid X and head straight to customer appointment. I won't have time until later in day to make sure things work. I do not want my BB de-activated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae