Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extra Best Buy Droid X pre-order in MD DC VA area...

So, I missed the bus on pre-ordering the Droid X at Best Buy. I tried to put a pre-order in today and no luck. The guy there said it was only open to pre-order for a few days, and they no longer could take any.

Wondering if anyone has pre-ordered it from Best Buy, but is waiting to see if VZW will get it earlier. I know alot of people had this problem with the Incredible at Best Buy, and just ended up going to their local Verizon store to get the phone earlier.

If there is anyone in the MD, DC, or Northern VA area that has a Droid X pre-ordered at Best Buy, and may go to the VZW store to get the Droid X if they have it before BB calls you to pick up your phone, Can I have your pre-order? I could even give you $50 cash for the $50 gift card you got for pre-ordering.

This might sound confusing, but if anyone in the MD area, that thinks they may be able to help, give me a shout please.

Suck it up and get to a Corporate story early in the morning. Trust me, if there's one area that should be flooded with these things its the Washington DC area.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by JubbaTheHutt View Post
    Suck it up and get to a Corporate story early in the morning. Trust me, if there's one area that should be flooded with these things its the Washington DC area.
    I would but I have a bunch of Best Buy Giftcards I want to use and also Best Buy Credit card......

Quote Originally Posted by tmatt View Post
    I would but I have a bunch of Best Buy Giftcards I want to use and also Best Buy Credit card......
    Ahhhh...now your predicament makes sense.

I'd suggest getting to a local BB early and trying to persuade someone to give up their spot for you.

Other than that, give it a few days and see if your local BB's get more stock in on Friday.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by JubbaTheHutt View Post
    Ahhhh...now your predicament makes sense.

I'd suggest getting to a local BB early and trying to persuade someone to give up their spot for you.

Other than that, give it a few days and see if your local BB's get more stock in on Friday.
    yeah, I am hoping they have or will put together a " If Canceled, Call List" for the people that drop their pre-order....
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

anyone getting nervous about best buy not calling you to setup an appointment? Well if you decide to go to the VZW store tomorrow because you can get it there earlier, let me know I may want to take your preorder spot if its around MD DC VA.......

I am. I was told I should get a call yesterday and haven't gotten it. I'll call later if I don't hear from them. I'm in the same boat as you. I have a lot of BB cards and can't go to the VZW store here.

Edit called my local BB, I'm 6 on the list, they only got 5 phones.

Where are you located? Are in the DC area? Does that mean that all BB's are getting just 5?