The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
1 thing imma miss most is BBM- guess ill just use the WiFi to BBM now tethered to my DX :)

since i have Storm2 BB Car/Home chargers question is are they voltage compatible with the DX? its the same plug in-

arsenal007

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Converted from the Storm 1 and could not be happier, BBM is the only I will miss and to be honest I dont really care. DROID X IS BOMBER! I also wonder if my storm car charger is ok to use on the Droid X?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
1 thing imma miss most is BBM- guess ill just use the WiFi to BBM now tethered to my DX :)

since i have Storm2 BB Car/Home chargers question is are they voltage compatible with the DX? its the same plug in-

I've had no problems with using my previous BB chargers on my Droid and now they're fine with the Droid X too. :cool:

satalite#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
As soon as my Droid X comes tomorrow I will officially be off BlackBerry. Have been using the Storm 2. I liked it but needed something new.

And like everyone else I will miss BBM and not to much more.

mattera68

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Storm and it seems pretty cool, does anyone know if I can get my apps that were purchased on BB App world or do you have to rebuy them. The BB has an option to turn off the wirelees signal when charging( bedside mode) anything like that on the X?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Storm and it seems pretty cool, does anyone know if I can get my apps that were purchased on BB App world or do you have to rebuy them. The BB has an option to turn off the wirelees signal when charging( bedside mode) anything like that on the X?

To answer your question about AppWorld apps; someone else had this question a while ago and the answer, I believe, was that they had to be repurchased.

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
Call Verizon. You should be able to upgrade now. My upgrade date was August 18 and I ordered mine early this morning.

I'm in the same boat... I have a 2 yr and am eligible for upgrade Sep 9th.... That was the original contract I signed for the Storm 1!!! I went through 5 S1s and am using a Tour that VZW CS sent me... Either way, I'm not impressed with the BB 6 videos and am definitely switching to DX when I can.

mattera68

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
How do you manage ringtones, I have a bunch on my computer that i used for the BB and would text to them to the phone, how do you save them> I used the excel( docs to go) on my BB is there anything like it on the X

mhutsell3

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... I have a 2 yr and am eligible for upgrade Sep 9th.... That was the original contract I signed for the Storm 1!!! I went through 5 S1s and am using a Tour that VZW CS sent me... Either way, I'm not impressed with the BB 6 videos and am definitely switching to DX when I can.

I called and had a chat with them (vz) online today. They indicated that I need to wait till July 26th when my new every two is up. What a crock, I have to do like 25 battery pulls a day on this Storm (1). It is such a pos that I want to throw it against the wall most days.

Been a dedicated VZW customer for going on 13 years and they never give me any breaks. If VZW Management is lurking here, please know that you have a severely upset customer. By the time July 26th roles around they probably won't have any Droid "X"'s to ship me or sell me in the store.

Oh well, thought of leaving VZW but their service is way better than anyone else here in Indiana.

Ok thanks I am done venting!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i used Berry Buzz for diff color LED notifications, is there such app for the DX? Also Berry Popup like app for the DX?

I loved BerryBuzz for my BlackBerry too and I did find an Android app for this but it had bad reviews and said it didn't work all that well. If I find it again, I'll hit you up but you might not want it.

If someone knows of one that works, let us know 'cause I really liked it.

EDIT: here it is http://www.appbrain.com/app/imoblife.blink

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
How do you manage ringtones, I have a bunch on my computer that i used for the BB and would text to them to the phone, how do you save them> I used the excel( docs to go) on my BB is there anything like it on the X

Yeah they actually have a Documents to Go. And one called QuickOffice. Quickoffice I think is better as having used both.