Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Hey everyone, in the spirit of the first post, please only post reviews or your overall impressions of the device. I'm going to lock this thread for a few minutes, while I move all the side discussions & questions to their own threads. I encourage you guys to discuss issues and questions, but please create new threads, so people can quickly skim through this thread for the reviews they are looking for It's a lot of work moving all the off topic stuff out and creating new threads

Edit: Cleaned up & re-openend. I moved all the posts above to their own threads, and bumped them to the top for you.

Thanks!

WOW I love this beast. Lots to learn about the UI but it will be great once I get a handle on it. Made the right decision!

Picked up my X yesterday. There's a lot to like and some key gripes I have about this phone.

• Aesthetics: I love the physical aesthetic of this phone. It's got some pretty sexy dimensions.

• Screen: The screen is gorgeous. It's not as sharp as the original Droid, but simple logic dictates that it won't be as sharp given the dimensions and resolution.

• Hardware: I love the hardware spec of this phone. It spanks the Droid Incredible in side-to-side comparisons I've done with a friend's DInc.

• Phone: Nothing unusual here.

• Overall User Interface: What I don't like are the Moto widgets and the tinkering that Moto's done with the UI. The changes Moto made to this phone simply take away from the stock Eclair experience I've become accustomed to on the original Droid. For example, there is a "Messaging" icon that consolidates various inboxes (Text messaging, Facebook and Exchange account) but leaves out Gmail. WTF? Shouldn't a "Universal Inbox" include all email accounts? Damn stupid if you ask me. They should have just left everything separate for the end-user to manage rather than mucking things up like that.

• Moto Widgets: SUCK. I've removed all of them from my homescreens

• Signal quality: Good ol' Verizon... same as it's always been.

• GPS: More testing needed, but doesn't seem any worse than original Droid

• Social Networking: They say Blur isn't on this device, but they found a way to work this in... I hate it. I wish they
      would have left it alone for me to manage.

• Email / Calendar: See my above remarks about the "Messaging" icon

• Battery Life: Is it only me or does it take FOREVER to charge this thing? The screen does seem to suck the life out of the battery rather quickly.

• Performance: So far so good. I do notice stuttering when playing 720p BluRay rips.

• Media: Ran into a glitch when the X was indexing my music, but a reboot fixed this problem.

• Moto Widgets reviews: I removed 'em. Don't want 'em.

• Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard: Love Swype so far. Still learning how to use it. the multitouch keyboard is nice too Accuracy using the stock keyboard improved probably because of the larger key / screen size.

• Camera: Untested

• How the X compares to your previous smartphone: It spanks my froyo'd and oc'd Droid. Almost no lag when moving about the homescreens or the launcher.

• Disappointments: Locked bootloader, too much Moto influence in the UI. I want Moto to provide the hardware in a sexy package. I want to manage the software and my info (accounts) myself.

It appears the only way I'll get my vanilla Froyo (LOL) on the Droid X is if someone manages to get around the bootloader issue.
    Thanked by:

This phone is awesome!!

I got my DX today and am putting my Storm 1 in a drawer. Didn't have major issues just wanted something new!

Aesthetics: pretty sexy compared to Storm 1

Screen: very responsive again compared to S1

Phone: works great, I was prompted to get the car dock and it is nice to be really handsfree!

Overall User Interface: A little more confusing than the BB but I am sure with enough playtime I will get used to it.

Moto Widgets: like em'

Signal quality: great!

GPS: untested, point A to point b everyday for me.

Social Networking: facebook is working great

Email / Calendar: took a tutorial here to get me up to speed with e-mail since I don't have or use g-mail but rockin it now!

Battery Life: so far great for me!

Performance: super fast

Media: haven't downloaded any music or messed with ringtones

Moto Widgets reviews: nothing in particular sticks out

Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard: starting to get the hang of Swype, may prefer to MT

Camera: pretty good for a camera phone

How the X compares to your previous smartphone: Hands-down, Kicks BB ***! don't really even miss BBM

Disappointments: none so far!

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Tried the Google navigation this evening when I went to the coast with friends to eat seafood. It had been a while since we had last been to the particular restaurant and my friends where trying to put the address in their new TomTom. It wouldn't take so I put the address in the X. It even suggested the actual restaurant when I entered the address (Pelican Point on Pelican Point Rd.) Also the navigation is voice turn-by-turn.

I discovered that you can customize the email and text message notifications - someone had mentioned that they didn't see how to do it.

I did miss one call because I didn't know to swipe the answer button like the unlock when the phone is locked.

I think the Market Place is great (I'm new to Android.) If you think of something you need or want, look for it here and download and install and you in business.

I told a friend that I would give her my Storm when I got the X but wanted to hold on to it for a while just in case I decided I didn't like the X. She can come get the Storm tomorrow.

I downloaded Flycast and checked out a few stations and it worked well. Also tried the FM and it found about 6 stations (I live in a rural area.)
    Thanked by 2:

2 days now with it and I'm as amazed as I thought I would be.
    -I thought Swype was just stupid until I used it. OH my..may never be able to text the ole fashioned way again.
    -Size is very good and comfortable for me. Some people with smaller hands will NOT like it's size. A few women I work with have the Eris and like the size of it much more. I'm 6'4" so I have big hands. That said, my son is not tall and has small hands and he likes the size of it. It's preference.
    -I haven't had any bugs so far with it. I have a buddy who has had a problem with the contacts being deleted.
    -battery life is awesome.
    -know where you want to go when you put it in the browser, cuz boom...........your there.
    -the iPhone does have a lot more apps, but this one is coming along nicely. Mainly the only one I miss is one called WeRule. But I do find some that we had on iPod Touch that have been adapted to the Android.
    -Widgets and interfaces and all that is good. Some put more focus on that than I do. 7 screens to fill with stuff. that's plenty. VERY customizable. The Blurr part did link some of my contacts together and it took me awhile to figure out how to unlink em but I did.
    -I'm having problems getting Double Twist to work on it. my Win 7 machine did recognize it.
    -love the green LED for notifications.
    -oh yea, it is a phone......

call quality is fine.
    GET YOUR X ON!

Default Wife approves

ok I haven't purchased an X yet cause I still have a year left on my contract...BOO HOO...however I took my wife into verizon today to show her the phone, knowing that she would roll her eyes like she always does. Well let me tell you she was all about this new phone. I used the info I got from this site and just dazzled her with its capabilities and she seemed to love it, askin me how long we have to wait to get one!...Now to really appreciate what a big deal this is, my wife is the type that she would be happy with one of the old flip phones we had when we first got a verizon plan back in 2001 and we end up arguing when it comes time to get our new every two...she wants us to stay basic and I want to go tech...so for her to keep askin me about his phone is something special. Maybe when we upgrade next year there will be some type of buy one get one deal or something...cant wait...13 months and counting.

Ordered mine online at about 4:00am on Thursday, and the fedex guy showed up by 10:30am on Friday; very pleased with that. Now for the phone itself, it is everything I hoped for and read about but I am definitely amazed by the size. I don't know if I'll try to wear this thing on my hip or not. I am leaning towards protective covers (Ghost Armor for the screen and Invisible Shield for the rest of it) and a pouch. I digress again - a couple of thoughts about the DX so far:
    - I want the old, plain Android photo gallery back. I am hoping Moto will allow Froyo to free us from their gallery; at least give us a choice...
    - Jury is still out about the battery life. I know I've been using it very heavily (kid on Christmas thing) so I'll see how it is after a week or two and my use has equalized a bit
    - Everything else is positive so far. I am pleased to have used my wife's upgrade for this phone...hehheh

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid X Forum Member Initial Thoughts & Reviews

I am glad I left the storm 2 in the dust blackberry is way behind, and I actually thought of waiting for os6. Since I got the Dx there's no putting this bad boy down! This phone rocks and is snappy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Got mine in the mail on Saturday, as I was 10 minutes late to getting the last one at my local store. They sold five of the things to some fat guy. :P

So, anyways:

Aesthetics: The phone just looks downright manly. I can't even really explain it, but it feels like the very antithesis of the iPhone. The iPhone focuses on feminine aesthetics, whereas the Droid X looks like a military-grade electronic device.

Screen: The phone is almost ALL screen. My biggest regret is that I didn't buy a screen protector, so it's looking a little smudged for right now. Aside from that though, the display is very vibrant and brilliant. HD video playback on this thing is nothing short of exceptional.

Hardware: Overall, it feels quite fast. Some people have complained about it getting a little hot, and mine has as well. But it's not really that much of a problem for now. The battery does drain somewhat quickly, it only lasted about 10 hours or so unplugged, constantly using it. But, it does last quite long if you let it sleep while you're carrying it around in your pocket.
    Another remarkable thing is that it isn't nearly as big as I thought it would be. It's actually a very comfortable size for me, and slips easily enough into the pockets on my pants. (for reference though, I wear cargo shorts).

Phone: Speakers are very crisp and the call quality is exceptional. However, you have to take into account that the person on the other end of the line may have a really crappy phone, so the way you hear them might not change much in and of itself.

Overall User Interface: Didn't care much for the BLUR, but I was glad that it was quite minimal on the Droid X. I only use one Social Networking widget to update my Facebook status.

Signal quality: It's been at four bars since I got it. I live in rural Illinois, so this is really quite something for me. I also opted for the Unlimited Internet + Texting package, so it's constantly connected. Really nice stuff, too.

GPS: Definitely good. Was able to see my exact location through Google Maps. Currently I'm looking for a good navigation app for a road trip, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Social Networking: I use Twidroid for updating my identi.ca, and the Facebook app. I haven't played much with the alternative apps yet though. Facebook integration is alright, although the Facebook app seems to inhibit proper notifications of Facebook updates. Still trying to find a good way around that, but not a huge issue for me.

Email/Calendar: As far as I can tell, the calendar syncs with Google Calendar. Will have to double-check though. Universal Inbox looks a little ugly but is quite efficient, and the Gmail app is fantastic.

Battery Life: Lasts about an estimated 10 hours for me on a single charge, though it could be longer/shorter. I like how the screen fades to black when you lift the phone up to your face for a call. I haven't tried it on other power modes yet, but overall I'm satisfied. Chances are the upcoming Froyo update will improve battery life.

Performance: Very fast and efficient. My only complaint is of a SNES emulator I downloaded (SuperGNES Lite) crashes upon loading Chrono Trigger and causes the entire system to hang. Other than that though, everything is great.

Media: This particularly blew me away. As a native Linux user, I've never really gotten to see HD YouTube videos before, and so seeing everything in a crystal clear quality is a very new experience for me. I absolutely love the detail, and the sound is fantastic. Very well-engineered.

Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard: I have limited experience with Android keyboards, so for the time being I'm using the multi-touch one. It's not terrible, but it's not that great either. Trying to highlight a word to correct it takes a little thinking. I just felt like an ***** trying to use Swype, so I'll probably try it again when I have a little more experience.

Camera: I about had a heart attack at the quality. The preview on the phone itself (before the picture is taken) is grainy on photos and choppy on videos. But when you actually view the photos and the video playback, it's all phenomenally smooth. I'm now seriously looking at possibly using my phone to record my YouTube videos from now on.

Disappointments: My only disappointment was that it didn't have Flash or Froyo yet. Aside from that, amazing piece of tech. Best phone I've ever had. Actually, my disappointment resides in a lack of certain apps in the Android Market currently: iPoo, Epic Win, Cracked Reader, and a native Android Central app similar to the Engadget App. Hopefully all of those things will eventually be on Android.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1.1 jb / stock 4.1

I finally saw one of these today at Walmart (by the way, they had several in stock. so if anybody is looking to buy one might check Walmart). My impression was mostly positive. I really didn't think I would like it because of the size, but it's not nearly as big as I imagined it would be. Really nice looking phone for sure, and only slightly larger than my Incredible. My only complaint with it are the buttons at the bottom of the screen. I like the capacitive buttons that are on the Droid and Incredible much better. The ones on the X look like they might be difficult to press consistently. Anyway... that's my initial thoughts.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Talking Initial Impressions and Evo Comparison

Okay. I owned the Evo for about 35 days and had the X about a week. Will put down initial thoughts on both.

If anyone has comparison questions I didn't answer then let me know. I tried to be objective but some stuff is simply preference bases. Both phones are awesome.

• Aesthetics
      I love both. Dx seems easier to hold because it is a thinner but also top heavy if I am holding to low.
    • Screen
      Both are beautiful screens. However, I give slight dibs to the Dx. I like the tallness and higher res. The Evo was a little big sometimes. This wouldn't be a deal breaker on either device though.
    • Hardware
      Both phones are incredibly snappy. But again .. The Dx just seems to have that little extra. Again. Not a deciding factor.
    • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
      Have not tested Bluetooth on either phone. The Dx has great call quality on both speakerphone and handset. Speakerphone is loud and talking on it is smooth. A big reason for returning the Evo was poor phone quality. On speakerphone I was always asking the person to repeat themself or saying Huh. The handset crackled a little at high volumes and was just not good. This was definitely a hardware thing and not network. I tested on more than one device with same results .. so I don't think it was faulty unit. I love talking on the Dx though!!!!
    • Overall User Interface (including Moto's Launcher)
      Everyone seems to have an opinion here. I really hated sense .. especially the contacts interface. I also don't like the UI. The Sense integration with social networks was pretty smooth though. Integration on the Dx is poor. I do not use it. I really like the Dx interface. This seems contrary to other people and I don't know why. Honestly, other than widgets, icons, a few apps .. its not like there is that much difference.
    • Motorola Widgets
      6 to 1. They both have nice widgets. Whatever.
    • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
      The Dx gets better Wifi range and strength. However, I seemed to have a better Sprint signal (evo) on a consistent basis. (Austin & Dallas area). Sprint network was faster on both 3g and 4g. Dx on Verizon in same areas is still fast though.
    • GPS
      I didn't notice any difference. Maps and Nav were consistent, accurate, and fast on both phones.
    • Social Networking
      EVo Sense has better social networking than Dx. The Dx is kinda weak in that area. I just use the stand alone apps .. so its fine for me.
    • Email/Calendar
      eh. 6 to 1. They are both calendars and basically look and work the same.
    • Battery Life
      Dx has better battery life by far. This was the number 2 reason I returned the Evo. Battery life was terrible. I have had some really good luck with the Dx. I made it 16 hours the other day and had 30% battery. (note: I am not using any kind of ATK)
    • Performance
      They are both fast. The Dx seems to have a little extra kick.
    • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
      I have had trouble with DLNA. Movies play back nicely on both phones although I wish android supported more codecs. I liked the Evo kickstand. Music is better on the Dx along with movie audio. The Dx has some preset equalizer functions (for music) which increase the experience. Also the Dx has a better speakerphone for audio.
    • Moto Widgets reviews
      Eh. I like the way they look better than Evo but both are fine.
    • Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard
      I like them both. Swype on the Moto has the voice input which is missing in Evo version.
    • Camera (both still & video)
      I don't use video much. I think the Evo takes better pictures. Dx just seems soft .. like the focal point is missing. I don't know. Still good pics but off somehow. I liked the Evo pics better.
    • Other(if any)
      Evo had front facing camera and it was pretty good quality at 1.3mpx. The Evo also had flash lite and that was a nice bonus. Froyo should fix that for the Dx though. Evo has root access and roms can be loaded to the device. This was fun and helped make improvements to the device. This is looking like a slim possibility for the Dx. (only important if you are into loading roms etc..)
    • Disappointments (if any)
      Dx camera is a little disappointing. Not bad .. just could be better. I am hoping for a SW fix. I had lots of trouble from Wireless N on Dx and had to turn it off. Very fast over wireless g though.

If anyone has other comparison questions then let me know.

have had mine since friday, some issues so far
    wifi - poor reception compared to my storm 2 and moto droid
    has locked up twice so far requiring a battery pull ...was not doing anything, just turned it from portrait to landscape and it froze!

Default Screen Issues - Observation

Got the X for my wife, arrived on Friday evening. She's an IPhone fan, so was not very enthused, but after 2 days of playing with the phone, is now a convert.

I happened to notice that the screen, when taken out in bright sun light, reflects back the pattern code that one uses, to lock the phone. This is definitely something to take into consideration.

I am sure that there are more knowledgeable list mates here and can probably provide some educated fix to this issue.

Cheers,
    jay

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by gizzyman View Post
    have had mine since friday, some issues so far
    wifi - poor reception compared to my storm 2 and moto droid
    has locked up twice so far requiring a battery pull ...was not doing anything, just turned it from portrait to landscape and it froze!
    Battery pull?! on Android?! oh no you didnt...

ROM
    Stock

I am loving the phone so far, but honestly, there are just some blackberry features I miss. Don't get me wrong, no regrets here, but I did love the calendar and email/sms set up blackberry uses. I also like that I could rearrange the apps on my home screen and hide the ones I never used, or organize them into folders. The app launcher on my droid is seriously bloated down, i could take 2/3 of the apps off it and function ok still.

I also hate that I can't uninstall the bloatware on the phone. I never had an issue with bloatware on my BB because I could just hide the download icons Verizon pushed to my phone. It's just a pain the look at apps that I don't want, nor will ever use. Yet they still eat up my free RAM.

Do love Android though, very happy to have jumped on the train here. Can't wait for more updates to make an even better OS!
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

Coming from a BB Storm, this is just an amazing experience. It's very clear that Android is a far more robust platform than BBOS. The browser renders web pages beautifully and even the data speeds while tethering via bluetooth are snappier than with my pokey old storm. I plan on posting a little more about my feelings later but my initial thoughts about this device from the perspective of BB convert are:
    1. Fast. Darned fast.
    2. Task management is a whole new ball game. This will take some getting used to after being so memory conscious on a Storm.
    3. UI is a lot different. Better but taking some getting used to.
    4. Widgets are cool but probably useless to some.
    5. Screen is huge and beautiful.

1. Aesthetics - mmm... black slab. much sexier than my old 'berry. like the actual softkeys rather than capacitive buttons. nothing is overstated although I'm not so sure about a red camera key when the volume rocker and power button are chromed.
    2. Screen - HUGE... and beautiful. Video reviews just don't give it justice.
    3. Hardware - I don't have the same wiggling issue some have had with the softkeys, I prefer them anyhow but they are not wiggling for me. Seems solid but the plastic casing could easily be scratched that's why I have mine enclosed in a polycarb case with a soft touch finish... it's not bulky but just adds a little scratch protection.
    4. Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage - Great. Clear calls and some have said that I sound clearer too when calling.
    5. Overall User Interface (including Moto's Launcher) - Coming from BBOS, I can't really offer a qualified review here but I can say I like the seven different screens that are available. I keep looking for a Menu->Close option like on BB and it's proving to be a tough habit to break... I do like the overall feel of the UI and this does not look as cluttered as the other phones that ran the 'MOTOBLUR' launcher/skin that so many people find hateful.
    6. Motorola Widgets - meh... OEM toppings. The social media one seems okay to me but I really haven't had time to play with them all yet.
    7. Signal quality (Compared to other devices) - hands-down the best signal quality of anything I've used in the last decade.
    8. GPS - very good so far. Love the compass app too... seems fairly accurate when compared to my old backpacking compass.
    9. Social Networking - still haven't had much time to play with this but seems to be helpful and provides quick access to my facebook information... haven't set up twitter to it. Heard it doesn't play nice with apps that are service-specific (i.e. facebook app) but haven't seen a problem yet.
    10. Email/Calendar - I can't tell you how happy I am to have gmail integrated finally! So far I love the email features but haven't used the calendar much.
    11. Battery Life - this is probably my only gripe as it seems to be drained by the end of the day where I could squeeze a couple of days out of my 'berry. I realize that this is most likely due to having a lot of crap running in memory so I need to get familiar with task management in Android.
    12. Performance - slick and fast. No hiccups yet other than the SiriusXM app did almost make me pull the battery. I uninstalled that app once things got a little less wonky.
    13. Media (music, movies, DLNA) - haven't used this yet.
    14. Moto Widgets reviews - not really using much yet. will update.
    15. Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard - haven't tried swype yet but will soon. love the multitouch... makes typing that much easier.
    16. Camera (both still & video) - video is fabulous. still is okay but thought there was image stabilization in the software? images are hit or miss sometimes and color balancing leaves a bit to be desired. Hopefully the 2.2 update will fix this.
    17. How the X compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable) - since I have only had a BlackBerry Storm I think it's obvious that it is just light years better. I am certain this is a phone I will be using happily for at least the next two years.
    18. Disappointments (if any) - battery life is a little lacking and camera shots should be better (I think that these will likely be addressed in future software updates) other than that I am happy as a lark!

Aesthetics - The phone is beautiful! I love the way it feels in my hand. So many people talked about how big it was and it started to scare me but I think it is the perfect size.

Screen - gorgeous! Very responsive and beautiful color.

Hardware - Feels very sturdy. The buttons have a bit of a wobble to them but nothing major.

Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage - haven't used speakerphone but calls are very clear when holding the phone up to your ear. Bluetooth is giving me some issues but I'm hoping it will get worked out in the update. It shows my headset as paired but not connected.

Overall User Interface (including Moto's Launcher) - Quick! I think I prefer the "look" of Sense a bit better but I love the feel of the actual Motorola phone better so it's worth it to me.

Motorola Widgets - they are a bit buggy on my phone. ie. even when I uncheck Twitter on my Social Networking widget, they still show.

Signal quality (Compared to other devices)- I came from a BB Curve on Sprint and had to switch because of coverage issues so this phone rocks my world in that aspect. I have never dropped below 3 bars of signal.

GPS - haven't used it a whole lot but it has worked great the 3 times that I have.

Social Networking - Still trying to figure out if I like the moto widgets. I want to like them but it gives me more people than I want.

Email/Calendar - wonderful. I've had no delays with notifications.

Battery Life - pretty darn good now. I'm going on 6 hours off the charger and am down to 40% but that includes about 1.5 hours of talk time, texting, browsing, Facebook and about an hour of Pandora.

Performance - This phone is quick! I've only had it lock up on me once and I've been using it quite a bit.

Media - I haven't loaded my MP3s on yet but it does great with Youtube and Pandora.

Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard - Swype rocks my world. Multi-touch is also pretty good. Much better than the HTC keyboard, IMO.

Camera (both still & video) - haven't used video yet. The still camera has me a bit disappointed. Worlds better than my Curve but nowhere near what I hoped. We'll see if the update helps but if not I may try to exchange for another. I think I might just have a bad one.

How the X compares to your previous smartphone- it kicks my Curve's **** to the curb and back. I've used a HTC Hero before as well and the X isn't even in the same league. I adore this phone.

Disappointments - just the camera really but I am hopeful that it will get resoloved one way or another. I am extremely happy with this phone.
    My phone is....Incredible!

Aesthetics - This phone is a work of art.
    Screen - Perfect, so clear and even does better than most in sunlight.
    Hardware - This phone flys I can't imagine how Froyo is gonna make it better.
    Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage - Calls are crystal clear and bluetooth worked flawlessly in my car.
    Overall User Interface (including Moto's Launcher) - I like most of it and I guess I'll be in the minority and say I actually like the contact list with a small amount of work this various contact views allow you to manage ALL of your contacts quickly and easily.
    Motorola Widgets - Love the quick contact buttons but the new and tip widget were poorly designed.
    Signal quality (Compared to other devices) - Coming from a Touch Pro the signal quality has been equal outside but the Droid x's signal inside buildings is superior by far.
    GPS - Didnt play too much with it but maps had me within a 1/4 block.
    Social Networking - Had a small problem when I used the status widget but other than that perfect.
    Email/Calendar - Emails are quick and interface for attachment is simple coming from a WM device. Calendar could be better will probably look into a replacement.
    Battery Life Can't comment too much since use of new devices tend to be more than normal but the battery management tools are great and nice to check to see what is draining battery life so adjustment can be made if necessary or possible.
    Performance - Motorola had it right Xtreme.
    Media (music, movies, DLNA) - loaded Pandora and it played flawless. Haven't had a chance to DL any videos yet.
    Swype vs. Multi-Touch Keyboard - Not a fan of Swype but multi-touch keyboard is the best I've used.
    Camera (both still & video) - Still pictures were great nice having a dedicated shutter button. Haven't taken any videos
    How the X compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable) - Touch Pro with WM is like comparing a Festiva to a Ferrari.
    Disappointments (if any) Yea some times this phone is too smart like when it decides to auto link Al and Alex together but more times than not it gets it right so even its bad points are better than most.

Oh wow I just got home and activated this..what an amazing phone!! Even coming from the Droid! Everything is so fast, the phone is sturdy and feels solid in the hand, the size is perfect IMO.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

I've had the phone for about 2 hours now. Its very light, very fast but i really miss the soft keys on the original droid. One thing that i really love is tyhe text selection bullseye. Very useful in my opinion and i wish it was in every android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    I've had the phone for about 2 hours now. Its very light, very fast but i really miss the soft keys on the original droid. One thing that i really love is tyhe text selection bullseye. Very useful in my opinion and i wish it was in every android phone.
    Congrats on your X O&onlyM. ))

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    Congrats on your X O&onlyM. ))
    Thanks crucial! Congrats on your captivate!

PROS
    voice to text rocks
    screen is beautiful
    Social networking integration
    feels fast
    call quality is good
    bluetooth worked from the start
    Swype is very nice

CONS
    Keyboard is too narrow in vertical mode
    screen gets very smudgy
    no optical zoom on camera
    Apps seem behind Apple ios equivalents
    Social networking integration (yes, both pro and con)
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast