Question About WiFi Settings

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what settings i need on my wireless router for the Droid X to be able to connect to my network? Im using a D-link DIR-615 Draft 802.11 N Router. im guessing WEP?

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with a LinkSys wireless router. Says "Unable to connect to the network" after I put in my WEP password. Any ideas?!?!? I've tried manually adding it, with all three types...

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with a LinkSys wireless router. Says "Unable to connect to the network" after I put in my WEP password. Any ideas?!?!? I've tried manually adding it, with all three types...

1)did you include your ssid.
2)Does the X see your wireless router.
3)Is your wireless router broadcasting its ssid.

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. Turns out it doesn't like WPA, but does like WPA2. That change in my wireless router fixed it.

What's weird is, my PS3, XBOX360, iPhone, etc. all worked just fine with WPA...

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, the X seems to have an issue with hidden SSIDs. With my LinkSys WRT610N I had to turn on SSID broadcast. Prior to enabling broadcast, I had set up the wifi network profile (WPA2 security) but the X failed to detect it; shutting off SSID broadcast after it joins the network causes the Droid to drop connection. I found a Hidden SSID enabler but it had no effect.

All-in-all a minor annoyance (the hidden SSID is a nice-to-have, but not much protection - especially compared to WPA2), but I can live with it until a fix comes about. It seems like hidden SSIDs are a bit hit and miss with Android phones. I may play with it a bit more later.

Led7

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Won't auto reconnect?

I was able to get the x connected to my home network, but if i turn the wifi radio off then back on it will not automatically reconnect to the network. I have to go back into wifi settings and then it will reconnect. Any thoughts?

Suresh Rajamani

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Won't auto reconnect?

I do think there is some issue with hidden SSID and Android. Had a problem with Android 2.2 Samsung Galaxy S and with the Asus Nexus 7. Both the devices could not locate my Belkin N150 WiFi router. When I manually entered the SSID and the password, both the devices said the network 'out of range'. But there was no problem with my Lenovo desktop, Vaio laptop and 2 Nokia phones. I broadcast my SSID a voila' the android devices could locate WiFi network and connect.

Princess Joy Palo

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
And I have the same problem. My Samsung Galaxy S can connect to our hidden network until yesterday. I don't know what happen. tried it a lot of times in my sony vaio laptop and it worked. I dont know what the hell is the problem. Can anyone answer this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670