Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default waiting outside :)

Live from the line outside my vzw store, 7th in line. Anyone else forum viewing while in line as well?

1st in line in Gurnee, IL. Store said yesterday they had 40. Not one store in my area was making a list. Oh well, nice sunrise.

I have one reserved at my local verizon store so no line waiting for me ;0

Besides based on what the manager was telling me, is that he only got a handful of DXs

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    Live from the line outside my vzw store, 7th in line. Anyone else forum viewing while in line as well?
    7th in line at 6:45? Where are you located? I'm still sipping my coffee at home. Hope the wait goes fast. What time do they open-are they at a mall location?

BTW I'm in Pittsburgh now but I was born in catonsville, MD and lived there for 20 years.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

leaving my house now to get one! appointment at 8...wish me luck!

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I was told that I was number 16 in a Best Buy on Long Island. I called yesterday and they told me they are getting in 13. Are you kidding? 13? So I am on shipment number 2, probably Friday. But I am going to BJ'S and if they have it and there is no rebate necessary then i'm gonna get it from there and cash in that gift card they made me buy as a deposit.

Currently 6:30, appointment at 9:00. Leaving home at 7:30ish to hopefully get out there around 8:15-8:30 with traffic.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by gmz73 View Post
    7th in line at 6:45? Where are you located? I'm still sipping my coffee at home. Hope the wait goes fast. What time do they open-are they at a mall location?

BTW I'm in Pittsburgh now but I was born in catonsville, MD and lived there for 20 years.
    I'm in timonium. I was also surprised to see 6 people here when I arrived at 630. We are now 25 mins out and there are about 25 in line. My rep sent me a text saying they had 60 phones, so luckilly everyone here will walk away happy, though some will be here quite a while longer

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Verizon store right around the corner from my house... I was there at 6:am... they came out at 7:30 and handed out tickets... my number was #1 ...lol... They said that they wont open up the store until 9:am... they are only reserving phones for those with tickets...bring the ticket back at that time. There were about 10 other people there when I left... not sure how many phones they had...
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Number 8 in line at racine wi store store opens at 8. They have 30 DX but only 3 32gb cards SO SURFING the forums and listing to the xm app

Waiting outside in williamsport pa 5th in line with 32 minutes till they open

Atlanta checking in! 1st in line. Been here since 6:30. About 15 people here and 20 phones in stock.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

5:30 AM - 1st in line

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Good luck all, I ordered online and will be having it shipped overnight. Should have mine tomorrow! First Android phone, I am excited....
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Retired Moderator

Carrier
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

yes! 6th in, but first out. fastest upgrade i have ever had. time to play with this sucker

Heading to the store now.

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I was number 6 in line 15 minutes before open. Had it all ready to go until they told me I would have to pay the $100 to get the mail-in rebate of $100 despite having the "Worry Free Guarantee". I made it clear I was not happy with that notification at the end of the process. Cancelled it and will order on phone.

Don't worry about a thing ... except silly fees.

I'm getting ready to head out right now to the Blossom Hill store in NorCal. The store better have free Wi-Fi running, because I won't be able to stand surfing on the 3G of my BlackBerry's archaic browsers any longer. :rolleyes:

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    I was number 6 in line 15 minutes before open. Had it all ready to go until they told me I would have to pay the $100 to get the mail-in rebate of $100 despite having the "Worry Free Guarantee". I made it clear I was not happy with that notification at the end of the process. Cancelled it and will order on phone.

Don't worry about a thing ... except silly fees.
    If you look anywhere it is advertised by VZW it says $199 ($299 with $100 mail in rebate). Thats why we go to Best Buy because they just have the $199 price without a rebate.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP, Stock

First/only one in line!
    Been here since 6:25, it's so close!!!

On line in Wayne NJ! About 19th in line! Wasn't expecting this many people!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    On line in Wayne NJ! About 19th in line! Wasn't expecting this many people!
    Thats Crazy....I was on my way to the one on RT46 but order on line instead....I got all accessories and next day shipping for under $300.

It's 7:30 now, and there are over 30 people in line now!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

you have got to be kidding. sold out (30 units) by 8:30. This is a joke. After the incredible debacle you think they would have enough on hand.

I got the phone, car mount, 3 anti glare screen protectors, and dual car charger. All overnight shipped with tax included for 250 online. Make sure you use the SMART30 promo code!!!!