Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Changing picture source for contacts

I just got my new X and have hopefully an easy question. I sync'd up my Gmail contacts but when I set up my Facebook account, it added all my Facebook contacts and made my contact pictures in my contact list the ones from Facebook. I want the contact pictures that I have saved in my Gmail account to be the pictures showing up on my phone and I also didn't want all my Facebook contacts to transfer over to my list. How do I go back to my original Gmail contacts only, and import the photos from my Gmail account to replace the ones from Facebook? When I go to the option to change picture source, it only gives me my Facebook and Twitter accounts as options. Help?

You need to actually set up your Gmail in My Accounts so it can be used as a contact picture source.

Quote Originally Posted by johntkong View Post
    You need to actually set up your Gmail in My Accounts so it can be used as a contact picture source.
    I have mine set up, google, facebook, and twitter, I don't see where to pick google from the list? Or do I need to add an email account, using gmail as the list and then pick that?

As for controlling the facebook contacts, you cannot, it's all or nothing. You can use the filter option in some instances to only display your google contacts, thus hiding the facebook contacts, but they will still be synced.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

You cant use google.....only Facebook or Twitter, and it forces you to use one or the other which stinks. I dont want any picutres!

To change which account provides the pictures for your Contacts, from the home screen touch Launcher icon > My Accounts > Menu > Picture source.

Goggle doesnt show and it forces one of the social networks on. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Itlan View Post
    You cant use google.....only Facebook or Twitter, and it forces you to use one or the other which stinks. I dont want any picutres!

To change which account provides the pictures for your Contacts, from the home screen touch Launcher icon > My Accounts > Menu > Picture source.

Goggle doesnt show and it forces one of the social networks on. At least for me.
    Actually it uses google provided you don't sync facebook or twitter at all. But then that defeats a huge purpose of this motorola stuff. I miss stock where you have control over this.

I had this same question. What if I just wanted to use a picture I have on the SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    I had this same question. What if I just wanted to use a picture I have on the SD card?
    No can do it seems, the picture would be set for the phone or google contact, which means the Facebook or Twitter picture would override it. It's really just a terrible implementation.

Yeah I also can't figure this out. I don't know why they don't have Gmail as an option for picture source. Why did they have to do this?

Well is there a way to just put a widget for them on the screen without a pic? Just a name?
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

I'm not using the facebook app from moto I just use the touch site, its awesome. But I'm curious as to how the DX gets the info from facebook? Does it use their names? or when people have there phon e number on facebook? How does it tell who my friends are?