Missing app's anyone?

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
OK so now that this beast has gotten released has anyone else noticed that the market isn't revealing all the app's that are listed with the Droid, or Incredible.
Now these app's are major minor ones.
These are the ones I have noticed since they are the ones I had on my above mentioned devices.

iTiage
HistoryErase
MyMemo
PhoneLogger
Fandango
RadioTime
SlingPlayer
MobileDefense
MoreIconWidget (paid version)
Bejeweled
Wertherbug Elite (free one is in the market)
TapaTalk

Now these are the ones I have noticed because I used them so I am positive that there are many more that I am unaware of.

I have reported this to Verizon over a week ago when I first received my DX, but they just pushed me to Moto who gave me a bogus tech # to Google which didn't offer technical support.

Anyone or is it just me???

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I noticed same thing.

One was redboxxer which I paid for.
One was Livestrong which I paid for.
One was one of the weather one's which I paid for.

None of them are in my installed apps nor can I find them in the Market either.

I am sure there may be others as well and I haven't noticed.

And it screwed up my grandfathered lifetime tags with Shazam. Made it the trial version. So much for this being tied to your gmail account. :( Will send a message to Shazam and inquire.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I noticed same thing.

One was redboxxer which I paid for.
One was Livestrong which I paid for.
One was one of the weather one's which I paid for.

None of them are in my installed apps nor can I find them in the Market either.

I am sure there may be others as well and I haven't noticed.

And it screwed up my grandfathered lifetime tags with Shazam. Made it the trial version. So much for this being tied to your gmail account. :( Will send a message to Shazam and inquire.

The apps ARE tied to your gmail acct IF the app is listed from the developer as being supported by your device. Since this is the first day for the x, ALOT of apps prolly arn't listed as supported by the phone. When the apps are updated, and you have previously purchased them, they will show up in downloads in ur market. Have some patience, and give the Delv's time to update there apps for the X!!!!!!!!!!

tpierce67

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
The apps ARE tied to your gmail acct IF the app is listed from the developer as being supported by your device. Since this is the first day for the x, ALOT of apps prolly arn't listed as supported by the phone. When the apps are updated, and you have previously purchased them, they will show up in downloads in ur market. Have some patience, and give the Delv's time to update there apps for the X!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that makes sense......I ran into the same issue when I installed Froyo on my Driod. Eventually, like a day or so the apps started showing up in Market downloads.
I didn't even think about this being a different device. I just assumed any device running 2.1 was the same. Obviously that is not the case.

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site

I don't think that's the case. This happens on the Eris just about every time there is an OS patch or update. The problem seems to be the Market has not been updated with the device and/or OS build information, so it won't show copy protected apps. Verizon and Motorola will tell you it's a Google problem. The developers will tell you the same thing. Google sometimes takes weeks to update the Market.

It's stupid, frustrating, and way too common.

nremtp550#AC

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys just to let you know you can download the slingplayer mobile apk file off the net and install it from the SD card. I have done this and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Update: You can also download Weatherbug Elite from the net just google it. Use Astro to install them from the SD card and your good to go.

Last edited:

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
This same thing happened with the Evo. Quite a few apps were missing from the market at launch, but they showed up a couple days later.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Check ur apps, all mine are showing up in market now, sling included. Just remember if u install from a outside APK u won't get any updates from the market for said app!