1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Default Anyone switched from an Incredible?

If so, what are your opinions and which are you going to keep?

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    If so, what are your opinions and which are you going to keep?
    I have both and intend on keeping the X. Selling my Inc today but as far as the differences.

From what I can tell so far after playing with both:

The Browser feels quicker on the Inc, smoother when scrolling, and better pinch to zoom. Though, its still good on the X. Again, these are just MY impressions so far after using both. Live Wallpapers still slow the phone down unfortunately something I disliked on the Inc. Scrolling on the phone all together still is something Android cant perfect. Its still choppy in some cases. For instance, the App Drawer. Still not "Smooth" per se even though it works. Scrolling from screen to screen isnt smooth. Another issue is overheating. Something I experienced with my Inc is back with the X. 1 thing that I will say about the X thats makes it 10x better then the Inc already is the battery life. My Inc would barely last me half a day without having to charge it. This suckers gone a full day and its not even at 50% yet.

I know its being picky but those small things makes the device feel that much better for me personally.

With that said, the X is still a bad *** device. Its gigantic which I absolutely LOVE. Like I said in a prior thread. I literally laugh when I look at the screen. Its awesome

I played with this phone and the idea of upgrading to this phone. But my inc blows this phone away its faster and easier to navigate the screens. I hated the blur widgets I loved the bigger screen and the size of the phone but wish it had a front camera. it also gets really hot so I passed on it.

Just left the Verizon store and seen about 4 Increds returned while there for a hour..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T

i hate my Inc, cant wait for 6:30 to roll around and get a decent phone...

scotth45, I'm glad I wasn't imagining things...I can't do my annual upgrade for another 10 days so I went to Verizon at lunch just to play with the demo X. I also played with the Incredible and the Incredible was just as you described, faster and easier to navigate. I do love every thing about the X, but the Incredible is now in contention where as before today I hadn't considered it. bart151, your battery comments are encouraging to hear regarding the X.

Anything is better than the Storm 1 I'm carrying now!!!

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Love the X - NO MORE NOT-SO-INCREDIBLE

I really never liked my Incredible. Hated Sense. Hated that some apps where not compatible with HTC's Sense interface. I really just wanted a vanilla rom. I rooted and tried a few roms but they are still buggy at this point. I also disliked the display on the Incredible. it has very nice inside but outside it was horrible. I live in Las Vegas, I'm outside allot! When I got the Incredible I thought I could learn to deal with it but after stepping out of the Verizon store this morning with my X it was AMAZING! I could see it!

The X is closer to a vanilla Android experience in my opinion. I prefer that. I ran launcher-Pro on my Incredible and already have it installed on my new X so as close as I can make an apple to apple comparison I much prefer the X. With Launcher Pro installed I really can't tell a difference between the phones in terms of speed...

Here is my 2 hour initial observation of the X

PRO:

Bigger - I have big hands.
    Display - bigger and can view outside!
    I type WAY BETTER with it! - Again bigger screen with bigger hands.
    I actually prefer the brightness of the display as well.
    No Sense - Hated it.
    Build Quality - "Feels" better in hand. It doesn't feel cheep.
    My choice of apps work better without Sense.
    Battery - Unknown now, but will test.

Cons:

Um.... Honestly not a single con right now.

Anyway, please no flames. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanked by:

I purchased my X last night and I've got the Incredible already so I'm going to do a lot of side by side testing. I love the Incredible...so I'm really just looking for the bigger screen size. We'll see how it goes.

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I have the Incredible and just picked up the Droid X this morning. I haven't really had a chance to do much with it yet, because I'm busier than usual today.

I agree with Scott on the widgets. I came into Android with HTC Sense, so I got a little spoiled, I think. So far, the widgets on the Droid X are decently, but not quite as elegant as they are on the Incredible. Additionally, I noticed that HTC allows you to add program icons onto a screen by using the long hold. With the Droid X, you have to go to the app launcher, find the program, and then long hold. It's not that big of a deal, but far more convenient to add programs with Sense UI. I do, however, like that you can move widgets from one screen to another by holding and moving left or right. Additionally, I like that I can resize widgets. Sense has varying sizes for some widgets, but it seems like all of Motorola's widgets can be resized. Oh, I also like that I can add multiple one-touch functions on the people widgets. HTC Sense makes you choose one default function.

I've found the browser speed to be about the same as the Incredible. Same goes for the responsiveness of pinch and zoom.

I can say, without out a doubt, that this larger-finger, having user loves the Droid X's keyboard (both orientations). When I was in the store setting up the phone, I was immediately wowed by the ease of typing.

My son is getting the Incredible, but I plan to add some comparison notes in my first impressions piece on my blog.
    Last edited by matthewdlyons; 07-15-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

I had listed my dInc on craigslist the other day and I said $350 and got lots of people interested in buying, going to check this out after work!

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Oh...I don't know how many times I've hit the Home button the Droid X thinking it was the menu button. It will take some time to retrain my brain to the button placement.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewdlyons View Post
    Oh...I don't know how many times I've hit the Home button the Droid X thinking it was the menu button. It will take some time to retrain my brain to the button placement.

I have done that way too many times myself

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

For me personally switching from the Inc to X, signal has full bars now when inc only had 3 max which was rare. Everything is just phenominal imo. Only prob i have is how fast this gets hot, but a case can fix that.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default chageing my Dinc for an X

I've had my Dinc for three days now and I am deffinitely going to switch to the X. My friend got his this morning after waiting in line and I got to play with it, and for me, perfect. The Dinc is just way too sensitive for me and I keep brushing unintended buttons. I thought I would get used to it, but I can't. The X fit perfectly for me though. Also, my reception with the Dinc for some reason is terrible (I live in a very well populated and networked area in Jersey) where my friend's X was perfect. Also, I can't hear people talking to me on my Dinc, but maybe that's just my particular handset and needs to be replaced. It's a cool phone, but the X suits my needs better. Only problem now is waiting again for more to ship to change.

I sold my Droid Incredible a few days before they announced the X. I haven't have a whole lot of time to play with the X today since I'm getting married tomorrow but so far I really like it. I don't mind the size at all, feels great to me. So if I had to choose one of the two, I'd go with my Droid X.

Honestly, after I went back to my Droid, rooted it, overclocked and put froyo on it I kind of liked the Droid more than I did the Incredible!
    The Android Blog - Latest Android Smartphone News and Reviews

Does my nexus count. The incredible is the a Nexus except that it has a more accurate screen and the SenseUI.

Personally, I don't like SenseUI which is why I passed on the incredible. I was waiting for something that exceeded the nexus in looks, performance and design. The droid x is that phone

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Rxracer View Post
    i hate my Inc, cant wait for 6:30 to roll around and get a decent phone...
    My X is in the mail. Had Dinc for one week and its going back.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

It's funny to me how people really love Sense or hate it. I personally love it. If you do too, the UI - IMHO - on the X will feel like a big step backwards. Having said that, it's a step I'm will to take with a screen this amazing.

i gave my inc to my sister and i don't regret it at all.

the build quality on the x is far better than the inc, it feels solid and well put together, where while the inc is very light, i was never a fan of the snap on back, and there wasn't that same level of polish that moto has put into the droid and droid x.

the battery is far better.

i like sense okay, but i'm liking the motorola widgets (the resizing on the fly is awesome) and i like the general cleanliness of the new UI that moto has put on it, makes sense (while functional) look dated as htc hasn't really revamped its look since the latter winmo days.

the phone feels faster, and i don't miss flash lite, i can live without flash until 2.2 drops.

i like having a camera button, the implementation on the inc always gave me some camera shake since it was on the face of the phone and not the edge.

i know this looks like a rant and that i hate the inc or something, but i don't. it is an excellent phone and if the size of the x is too much, it's a great alternative. for me though, the x is more my style.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

At one time I would have loved to get the X because i'm all about the bigger screen. But now I just wireless tether the Droid Incredible to the ipad anytime I need a bigger screen. Its really easy to carry with this case ( Amazon.com: CaseCrown Genuine Leather Vertical Flip iPad Case (Black) for the Apple iPad Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB… ) and looks just like notepad.

Phone tether in pocket, big internet in hand. They also hacked Android 10.1 flash onto the ipad and it works great on mine .

( )

Best of both worlds an I love having options. Technology is great.
    Last edited by HolyGrail; 07-15-2010 at 10:08 PM.

not to get too off topic, but does the current implementation of flash on the ipad work completely now? when i was thinking of putting it on, it wasn't 100% yet.

i wish all the companies making android handsets would settle on a button layout, i've hit the wrong button a bunch of times today, it didn't help that i kept going between phones to show my sister how to do stuff either.

i was also just tapping the physical buttons too, because i forgot that they weren't the capacitive buttons like on the inc...

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I got mine at the local WalMart tonight wasn't going to get one ,we were shopping and there it was so I bought it ,it was their only one they got........LUCKY,LUCKY ME.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I agree with Cory about Sense UI. It has a bit more of a refined feel.to it. The moto UI is not as clean feeling as sense. That being said, I actually love the x so far. It blazes just like the inc, but I can type.really fast because of the true multi touch on the keyboard. I may look into a different keyboard but not just yet. My inc was acting strange and doing weird things with the touch sensitivity and such, so I called in and they allowed me to trade in for the x so I wouldn't have to wait until august to get a reliable phone. I waited a long time this morning to get it but i am liking it a lot so far. Just need to have devs update my favorite apps.to correct bugs. WSOP froze the x and nfl mobile and a couple others didn't play well. Us early adopters are often a bigger test group for the devices and since they promised froyo in less than 60 days, Im gonna ride this train for a bit and see how it pans out. Definitely a BIG step.up from BB. Lovin the droids so far! Thanks AC! Great site.